Heavy/Scratch: Moriamur's WIP corner

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Moriamur, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Moriamur

Moriamur Stunticons... COMBINE!!!

Moriamur's WIP corner - WIP Animated Stunticons/Menasor

Yeah... I know the title is a bit odd, but I figured that I'd play things a bit more safe after the whole ordeal that went on with G60-Force earlier this week, so this thread is basically the thread I'll be using to post the works in progresses of each Custom I am working on (if this is posted in the wrong section, then please do move it to the correct forum, thank you ^_^)

Alright, with that out of the way, let's get this show on the road shall we..?

Now before I show off what I have been working on, let me tell you that I was inspired by a lot of people who have made a version of the awesomeness that are The Stunticons/Menasor, but it was Frenzy_Rumbles custom of Menasor and Maximo Prime's WIP of Animated Motormaster/Menasor that really gotten the ball for me rolling 3 years ago, so I send out on a quest to make my favorite combiner team, The Stunticons, BUT!!! Out of using the Animated molds. As time went on (and actually getting blown off of my feet after seeing the gallery that houses TFMaster's Menasor, who truly inspired me on MM/was the final push I needed... R.I.P. TFMaster...), I've gone through a lot of different ideas and designs concerning Motormaster and whatnot, first going on plans for a simple repaint to a more, well G1-ish transformation (and even that was a nightmare), really I have no idea just how many times I have tried to make a G1-ish transforming Motormaster out of Deluxe class figures... To which I ended up taking a long break, basically abandoning the project to set my thoughts straight again... Thanks to a friend, I've gotten a Rodimus Minor (since he owed me something) and I started looking at the figure and my mind went back to my unfinished custom, and once again I set out on a quest to make and finish my favorite combiner in Animated form. Even going as far as to make drawings for the 5 Stunticons in terms of how to transform them around and all so that I know what parts I need to use for which Con... Along with hunting high and low for an Animated Wreck-Gar for to use as Motormaster before finding one online... But that is a whole other story...

Okay, enough of the boring talking, onwards to the images (see the attachments, I do apologize for the blurriness of said images, blame it on the Samsung Flashcam that I am using... Piece of crap if you ask me...)

Well Breakdown is so far almost finished, just need to do some minor modding for the waist and connector points. His head has been shaved along with his hands switched around and whatnot so that Rodimus' back becomes Breakdown's chest (which has been inspired by the IDW The Transformers and F_R's Breakdown custom).

Wildrider... The first time I saw Lockdown, I said to myself... That is Wildrider... That damn smirk on his head and the spikes just screamed Wildrider to me not to mention his alt mode looked deranged, crazy and psychotic which basically is Wildrider in a nutshell... Only thing I didn't liked was that he was sooooo tall, so I set out to make his legs a bit shorter and alter his transformation... So far the heavy modding done to him are the arms being replaced by the arms of Jazz (I love that guy, so many good uses for that mold) and that windscreen/window being switched around, for him the additional changes that still needs to be done includes a new neck, the legs and some connector ports/plugs...

Also posted/uploaded (I almost forgot) are Breakdown and Wildrider in a leg mode

Well that is all I have to show for now, since I work on these guys whenever I can, tips and advice are of course more then welcome since I am still learning when it comes down to this, and while it can be stressfull, it is a pretty fun little hobby of mine... That and I am a combiner nut lol

Attached Files:

2. Autobotknight08

Autobotknight08 Well-Known Member

Good Luck. Rodimus, as a leg, looks great. Ya know I think with a lot of cosmetic work the classics Dragstrip would work as an animated counterpart. He has animated proportions. With a new head and some sculpting to smooth out the lines. . .
    Of course I am sure you already have something planned.

3. Moriamur

Indeed I have, good old Prowl, Jetstorm and Blurr... But never the less thanks for the suggestion, even though sadly finding Classics Dragstrip (or Mirage for that matter) is virtually impossible here in the Netherlands

4. Moriamur

Well, some more images from wildrider (from my phone, much better quality if you ask me) that i was working on namely the waist. I was sawing and gluing parts of lockdown and sentinel prime's waist and i was afraid that it would had been croaked, but after letting the glue rest for the night and attaching it to the legs and body and bingo! It is straight! Of course it needs some grinding and filling but it is on the wild riding right track!

also included are some better images of rodimus/breakdown

Attached Files:

5. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    WOW dude... this is gonna be a though cookie, but already looks like it gonna be delicious ;) 

6. Destructicon 1

Destructicon 1 Original Gestalt

Looking really good man. That's a nice start.

7. Moriamur

Heh, well thanks you guys. That means a lot to this rookie... And just my dumb thinking luck, I was deadset on using the Sentinel legs for the folding transformation that I overlooked the use of other legs, namely the ones from Jazz...

Oh well, I'll give the Jazz legs a try this weekend and see what works better, but that is the fun of being a Radicon/Customizer right..? To think up different things/ideas to designs/customs while working on it right..?

8. Destructicon 1

Hey i'm a newbie at it too, so yeah that seems to be the idea. Keep at it man!

9. Moriamur

Well another update, well update more like a question on which looks best for wildrider. The sentinel prime waist + legs or the jazz waist + legs (note, mostly asking this out of leg stability and transformation into car mode/legs folding up against body).

already thanks to whoever comes in here and leaves behind an answer ^_^'

Attached Files:

10. Destructicon 1

Looking good man. I'm liking the jazz legs.

11. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    I love frankensteining bots. I'm curious to see how these will look in alt mode. well specifically Wildrider. I dig your opposite torso Breakdown!

12. Moriamur

heh, well thanks M_P ^_^

Yeah figured to homage G1 (what with Animated basically being a sort of alternative reality kind of universe sequel to G1 IMO) a bit more for Breakdown, that and to have him look different compared to the BotCon version and all... It took me some trial and error but I managed to nail it. Just need to add a few connectors on him (combiner ports and a waist connector) and do some modding to the side back windows... I really am glad that my friend had managed to get me a Rodimus Minor since originally I wanted to use Blurr before giving it the much needed thinking and all

13. Moriamur

Oh boy, another weekend has passed and still nowhere near close to finally start working on Wildrider's vehicle mode (yet included is a mock-up image of his alt mode), all because of his frigging waist giving me headaches... I hate lining things up, oh well did a neck swap with Jazz's neck and what a world of difference it all makes (to those curious, I used the lightpiping balljoint of jazz, removed the visor and screwed lockdown's head in place) to the figure's overal look.

Still needs some work but I ran out of glue for the neck, back of head and his evil waist...

But yeah, at least things are going as I have it in my head, hopefully I can start work on his alt mode next weekend after some more shaving and grinding of his legs. Also included are shots of his leg mode AND of an arm mode since I can't decide on which looks best...

Attached Files:

14. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    I seriously having a hard time seeing what you have in mind... but he, my ugly as Rodimus Prime alt-mode looks like it only works for the person who makes it :D 

15. Moriamur

Heh... Well I guess you could say that for now, Wildrider transforms into some kind of Cybertronean hovercar or something like that lol... Yeah I really wanted to work on his alt mode today, but his waist has been giving me headaches that needed a whole lot of fixing that by the time I was done, I wasn't in the mood to work on his car mode, so instead worked on his head, full on head articulation!!! Suck it Hasbro XD (just kidding)

16. Destructicon 1

Making progress man. Keep at it!

17. Moriamur

Well... Another update after so long and as you can see, I have taken a different road for The Wildrider. And the reason why is due to the previous mold/idea giving just too much pain in the back that I went back to an old idea that used Jazz (old original idea) but with the mindset to make both bot and car mode different from the original mold of said figure.

Now for wildrider, I've switched the head and cut a part of the blazing lockdown chest and glued it on jazz aftes making some room. Modded the exhaust pipes a bit and mistransformed him and ta-da, The Wildrider is born.

Now there is some minor mods that needs to be done like modding the front wheels a bit and adding some spikes here and there but for now he is finished; included are some images together with Breakdown in all 3 modes. Next in line for the build is Motorious Minor aka Motormaster..!

P.S. Is it possible for a Mod to change the name of the thread into Animated Stunticons/Menasor WIP please..? If it is possible then thank you very much

Attached Files:

18. HnH

HnH Masterpiece dumbass

News Credits:
    Dat ziet er allemaal slick en goed uit kerel...toppie hoor vanuit lelystad een dikke duim omhoog ;-)

Back to englisch any updates yet?? Was looking through your thread and i love the WIP.....
    Me myself am playing with painting with car paint due to my work at an autoshop so most of the repainted ones i have look really metallic...lol

Hope to see some updates real soon...

keep up the good work man

19. jordy

jordy Banned

News Credits:
    so which way are you going to go for when it comes to connecting the bots to make menasor?

20. Notilator

Notilator Xenomorph4

Omg I have a wip sun streaker that uses that exact mod with hot rod, great choice by the way it's looking really promising :D