More Transformers Heroes News

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Will he be young enough to wet the bed, then wear the wet sheet as a cape?

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i think they were more comparing the specific voice actor than the Disney villian quality...
    I'm thinkin' it'd be sweet to ahve Ultra Magnus as the wise old leader (although i'd do a full on Geek out if they finally used Sentinal Prime) and Prime as sort fo an Up-and-comer ~ hopefully no Hot Rod/Hot Shot type antics, but more like Hot SHot was portrayed in Energon, where he was younger, but more seasoned ~ more like a lieutenant than a young punk.
    does a bear poop in the woods? ;)  no matter how good or bad or Armada-level-aweful they are, they are here for the sole puprose of driving sales. it's unfortunate, but that's the way it is...
    this series will be for AFTER the Classics and Movie toys are done, probably launching late '07/early '08

3. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds kind of cool...I like the thought of Prime being the youngest, we may get to see him mature and "grow" into his role as the Autobot leader. I just love flawed characters, and a young leader has potential to fill that quite nicely.

While I think Neil Kaplan was awesome, I don't know if his Prime sounded "young" enough for this role...But I would love to see him back. I can't wait to see more about this series, sounds like it has some good potential!

4. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

Hmm... sounds interesting. Good voice actors are one thing, but the story also has to be up to snuff. Since it is being produced in America, I'm hoping they can pull this off to join the ranks of Beast Wars and Beast Machines (BM was a quality series, whether fans liked it or not is irrelevant) as as well-produced series. The premise of the show doesn't interest me as much, but I'm willing to give it a chance if it can take what appears to be a boring plot and turn it into something deep and intriguing. Having Prime be a young and inexperienced leader is a nice twist that may help facilitate this. It's nice to see they are at least trying to make Prime a flawed character without ripping off Primal in BM.

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Sounds very promising :D 

Very Excited!

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I too hope this American production attains the same pantheonic level of the Canadian Beast Era masterpieces.

I apologize. :(  I just have trouble resisting, is all. It's like a maple syrup drug.

7. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I agree with Sky Shark. If they are going this direction, then I'd rather take it all the way and have Rodimus Prime in the role. They could always give a retired Optimus some cameos. Maybe even feature him in a Convoy Council. It would be refreshing.

8. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ... I just want it to be good...

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm already excited about it. Not as excited as I am about Classics, but excited none the less.

10. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

So, just to be clear... you'll pretty much only accept Transformers as Seasons 1 and 2 of G1? Does that about cover it? Or do they only have to look and act the same way?

Well, I'm sure the makers will be gratified that you've decided grant them a viewing before deciding that they're also making your inner child cry. Or whatever your sig represents.

Ditto. As long as there's good writing, bring it on!

11. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyeeeeeMEN!

12. Tfgraveyard

Tfgraveyard Not a Fan of the Fans

News Credits:
    Why do I have the feeling this is going to be on par with Fisher Price's Rescue Heroes? Seriously, i'm not trying to knock it, it's just a feeling I have.

Somebody tell me i'm wrong? :) 

13. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    There was also a large comic run. Though, Optimus did whine a lot in that at some point.

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Hell. Yes. I've always thought that was one of the coolest 'villain' voices ever! :rock 

This sounds like really intriguing news! Hopefully it'll be BW quality!

15. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Hell. Yes. I've always thought that was one of the coolest 'villain' voices ever! :rock 

This sounds like really intriguing news! Hopefully it'll be BW quality!

16. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    That's just your inner-contrarian reacting to the possibility of a G1-inspired cartoon. It hurts, I know :D 

17. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    I'm convinced Hasbro is run by absolute morons.

They're finally able to OK a live action movie, but don't use the Alternators style of design... nor do they require the studio to do a G1 faithful story.

^^^ DUMB.

They release the Classics toys, which beg to be used in animation... and make a new show that has nothing to do with Classics.

^^^ DUMB.

Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus in the live-action film... yet they don't even try to get him to spurt out 4 lines from the 1986 movie for the $70 Optimus Prime figure that is marketed to PROMOTE THE RELEASE OF THE 1986 MOVIE?

^^^ DUMB.

I swear, these people in charge of TFs up there need to be replaced.

18. Llama G0d

Llama G0d Six-winged god of llamas

I'm just really glad that the voice actors are going to be able to peform without being constrained by pre-existing Japanese dialogue-based animation. It should allow the characters to breathe an awful lot more.

And it's sounding like it's going to be different to other Transformers shows? Brilliant. RiD, Armada, Energon and Cybertron have all been pointless re-treads of what's gone before. The only *really* good TF shows were the Beast Wars/Machines series. Series that looked like they were crafted with love by people who were enthusiastic about them, and not by a tired worker in a Japanese animation sweatshop somewhere. (Okay, so that's how they make the Simpsons, too, but that's not my point. ;-) ) Let's hope we get that with this one. Something new, something different, something that's loved...

And as for Megatron being a Scar-like character? Superb. He's probably the best Disney villain there is. He killed Mustafa! Maybe we'll get to see him despatch Sentinel Prime at the start of the series. ("Long live the Prime...") It'll be worth it just to hear him sing...

"...be prepared!"

19. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

Being for the american market I have high hopes it'll be a change from the past three series (i.e. be watchable).

20. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

This is great news, Hope we see a good develop story with it space out over a few season like BW was. However I did enjoy the Armada/Energon/Cybertron story to a degree, i found it like most have to be dragged out at times and filled with filler, not to mention the voice and animation errors. I hope Hasbro takes their time on this one and makes something great again. At least there no need to meet a 52 episode in one year like Takara does, so this show be a nice change.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.