More Transformers Heroes News

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Transformer World 2005 has learned a bit more info on the upcoming Transformers series "Transformers Heroes". As we know, the auditions are taking place in Los Angeles now. The company handling the casting is none other than Susan Blu's Blupka Productions. Susan Blu voiced Arcee in the original G1 movie and cartoon, and also was behind the voice direction for Beast Wars. Also of note, the Optimus Prime character is younger than the rest of the cast, and is described as a Fire Truck. The agents are looking for a voice similar to a "Young Tom Hanks" for Prime. Megatron is being casted with a voice similar to Jeremy Irons aka "Scar" from the Lion King.

Since this seems to be a US produced show, with voice acting in LA rather than Canada taking place, let's hope some fan favorite VAs return. If Prime is indeed a Fire Truck, RID Prime VA Neil Kaplan would be the obvious choice, he is as close to Peter Cullen as you can get without a clone. Wally Wingert from RID continues to work in the industry heavily, and would be a great addition, possibly as Bumblebee. And let's not forget that now this is in LA, industry legend Frank Welker (G1 Megatron, Soundwave, etc) would be able to join the cast as, well any of them probably. Hopefully with Susan Blu, an American voice cast, and G1 names galore (see below), we will have the first well done show since Beast Wars.

Personal Note: I really think they should roll with Kaplan for Prime. When directed to do so, he nails that role better than anyone Ive heard, plus the guy has already done Prime and digs it. Cant beat that!

2. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Wasn't Mainframe a Canadian company?

As for the rest, this all sounds very, very Promising. Sounds like this will be a complete reboot of the animated franchise. I really, really hope they go with cell animation this time around, and forget about fucking CGI for once.

Sounds like Prime might be a bit green as the lleader, which will be interesting for a change. Perhaps they will delve into how he became the leader TWW style. All in all, Heroes is shaping up to be quite an exciting new series.

3. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yes, but the show is being done for the American market rather than Japan. Sorry, mis-typed.

4. butz

butz slippery when wet

Fire truck? Hmmm.. sounds like it won't be a movie spin-off afterall.. or classics, for that matter. Neat.

5. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

hope they do look into Neil Kaplan, he did pull Prime off real well, and a western-written TF show should be real promising

6. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Abrams tank Megatron!!!

7. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Fire truck? Young?

8. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Ah, gotcha. Couldn't be happier with the shift in focus for Transformers. The Unicron Trilogy nearly put me off the brand, it was so horrendously bad.

9. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I LIKE IT! I want Heroes to air now!

10. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah, that Unicron Trilogy thing let's try and forget that ever happened. It is just a thing of the past now. Finally. Three cartoon series in a row was a VERY long time.

11. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

Prime's a fire truck? It is RID!!

Prime: Life is like a box of energon cubes, you never know what you're gonna get.
    Megatron: But I am responsible for Mufasa's death, Prime...

ZING!

12. butz

butz slippery when wet

Don't get your hopes up.

13. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

This sounds like it's going to be a refreshing change from what we've had the past few years.

14. Omik

Omik *blink blink*

woo, about bloody time.

I'm surprised at one thing, though; I'm a little disappointed about getting another fire engine OP. Thinking back though, it's been a pretty even spread between the new series about Prime's alt mode, even with the liberal assigning of Cyb Prime as a fire truck.

Rather than a bunch of G1 voices, I'd like a bunch of new voices. Since it's gonna be new, let it be new.

Also, the news post isn't really that clear about what's fact and what's speculation. Are they actively searching for G1 people?

15. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Well articulated, minimally-gimmicked, realistic alt mode (for the most part) toys for the main line and various secondary lines that are very good as well in stores, a western cartoon on the horizon; it's as if 2001-2005 never happened.

Well, they took their sweet time, but Hasbro is finally bringing about the golden age for transfans.

16. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Prime as the youngest, oh noes, its gonna be like Hot Shot all over again!

Perhaps Magnus is in command?

17. TerraDestroyer

TerraDestroyer "Sometimes crazy works."

News Credits:
    Looks like we'll be getting some Orion Pax teenage drama! :D 
    Seriously, if this is the case, I'm all for it. While it is indeed the Prime vs Megatron scenario all over again, it'll at least be a refreshing change of pace.

18. Dalarsco

Dalarsco Kickback=ROCK

North American production?
    New spin on Prime?
    Megatron being similar to Scar, so esencially BW style Megatron?
    BOOYA! Seems that this show will actually get me into this stuff again.

19. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I really hope it is good. Ever since Beast Wars I haven't been able to sit through a whole episode of Transformers. Give us plot, twists and character developement. Kids will like it too!

20. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Sweet! They're bringing back Bosom Buddies? AND it has Transformers in it? I can't imagine how it could possibly be any better.

I can see it now... young Optimus and Inferno need a place to stay, but the only parking available is in a fire station. Disguising themselves as fire trucks, they elude their evil landlord Megatron, and hilarity ensues. Best show idea yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.