More Titans Return Listings Revealed! Octane, Seaspray, and more!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr. Chaos, Aug 28, 2016.

1. JediFlaherty

JediFlaherty Well-Known Member

So excited for Seaspray!

If Cosmos isn't a repack/repaint, I hope he's chubby like G1 Cosmos.

And if we do get a new Cosmos, I hope we get an all-new Warpath too.

And a Beachcomber.

(Can you tell I love the '85 Minibots?)

2. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    They were outlined as well in the same rumour thread:

Pounce/Wingspan
    Deluxe Iron Apex
    Leader Optimus Prime Blue Redeco
    Titan Master Powerhouse
    Tidal Wave

So the same thing, 2 clones, one deluxe, one titan master, one voyager and one leader

3. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    wait really(?), I never caught that ~ doesn't it seem odd they'd put 1 Deception between 2 box sets?

From Scaleface's ongoing write up i only ever caught wind of the Speed set info (the 4/28/16 update).

4. Spumoni Dingo

Spumoni Dingo GPN Official Spotter

News Credits:
    If we get a Cosmos that Titanmasters can fly around in I'm going to squeal like a little girl.

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    Maybe we'll get lucky and there will be a Voyager Overlord and a Leader Overlord, so that can be Broadside's other wave mate.

7. MaskSeeker

MaskSeeker Well-Known Member

I seriously thought Broadside would be Leader class. Though regardless we now have all three Autobot Triple changers in the same size class.

Though for Overlord shouldn't he be Leader class and a titan class? I mean I see the same could occur with Fortress Maximus and Scorponok for a G1 toy throwback AND IDW based design. I mean I see they match around the same size as Ultra Magnus based on most IDW comic interpretations.

8. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

It seems more likely that Strength/Speed will be 2 packs of just the clones. While I can see Tidal Wave being a good fit for Strength I am unable to come up with a good Autobot Voyager for speed... Plus that seems like it would be pushing a less than desirable price point.

9. MatrixOfWumbo

MatrixOfWumbo I see you

News Credits:
    That would be cool, for a comic accurate version of max. I just want an Overlord whose altmodes are largish deluxes. It would make sense given the play pattern (leaders having base modes) that the official one will be two smallish voyagers combining into a Leader, but we all know there isn't enough budget for that setup to have a satisfactory amount of plastic. They should bring back Ultra and Supreme class for a limited engagement. Overlord will almost certainly have two Titan Masters already making him a special case.

10. MaskSeeker

Seeing how they have Sixshot with ALL 6 modes they could just make a similar case with Overlord with both tank and jet combined with whatever garbled base they can make for leader class. Just need to know if they made prior designs for a blend of them based on MTMTE somewhere which could make it easier to figure out.

Titan class might as likely just cut out the tank and jet to make another Fortress Maximus take from Metroplex. I mean we didn't get a LOT of G1 extra bits from the newer Metroplex and Fort Max such as Sixgun, Slammer, Grommet and Gasket/Cog which all gave more play considering how much they added to the base mode. And I kinda fear the same will happen with Titan class Trypticon, Scorponok and even Omega Supreme as well.

I never cared for the idea that ALL figures have to meet with their lines gimmicks since it ruins potential in some of them. I mean what would Voyager Galvatron or Alpha Trion be if it didn't have to comply with the triple changer Titan master gimmick.

11. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just having some fun... :eek: 

Actually, I think you are completely on the money here. Once corners start getting cut they'll start doing it during stable times for more profit.

Sidenote: it seems Titans Return deluxes were just released here in the Netherlands, and the brick n mortar store prices have gone down with a whopping €5 compared to Combiner Wars. They're actually cheaper than RID warriors. What the hell? :D 

12. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    In Australia CW figures are $25 whereas RID is $30...when RID has less plastic...and I checked...I weighed them...WHAT THE FLYING FUCK?!

13. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    What store is selling Titan Returns and RiD at different prices?

14. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Everything; its RRP.

Of course I said CW because Titans Return has only come to TRU, and the rest are just RID shelves (aside from the odd voyager at Kmart).

Transformers have always been released poorly in Australia. I thought things were getting better with Combiner Wars, but it looks like a repeat of before then where we didn't get any Generations figures after FOC, up until they started stocking only Leader Jetfire and nothing else.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That is awesome.

A Guaranteed purchase from me.

I would have been cool with the original concept.

16. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Titans Return has appeared in Myer, TRU and Kmart and currently the RRP for both Titans Return and RID Deluxe is $29 as far as I'm aware. What you may be getting confused about is that some stores starting "clearing" Combiner Wars for $25 to make room for Titans Return.

17. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I haven't seen any TR Deluxes in Sydney other than TRU, and they're $25.

18. MaskSeeker

Its amazing how much was developments derived and came from the initial pitches. Sheesh Hasbro REALLY should've listened to their designers like this guy on bits like Soundwave. I mean limitations occur like when attempting to replicate Skullcruncher's G1 cockpit or adding more paint aps yet that's understandable and gets props for at least trying to make it work or include it in the final results.

The work on original Alpha Trion sounds tons better than what was finalized since it wasn't forcing the space ship BECAUSE of the mandated gimmick on said Voyager size classed figure. Though on that same hand WHAT would Mindwipe look like if initial designs were used instead of the final since it just be interesting to compare on that front.

19. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No.

Next new stuff we see will PROBABLY* be Toyfair in late Jan/early Feb, which is VERY close to when Titans Return Wave 4 will probably come out.

* Hasbro did reveal Sounwave at around the turn of this year

20. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Based on Astrotrain I don't expect Blitzwing (or Octane) to get any new tooling besides a new face and maybe 1 or 2 of his weapons.