More Than Meets The Eye #8 Discussion SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Nope, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

No arguments there.

2. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    could simply be that Tarn is making the statement that he has given himself over completely to the decepticon cause, wearing the con logo in place of his (seemingly damaged underneath the mask) face.

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Could be, sure. In fact, I hope his face is damaged in some way.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah I would love to see Roberts write Thundercracker. He was one of the few things about AHM and Costa's ongoing that I genuinely loved.

5. markerguru

markerguru tech master TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i mention a page or 2 back that his face IS damaged under the mask. thats why some he has some damage around the left eye which you can see when there is a close up of the head.

6. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Crap you got me. Also, I just realized who you were. Heh, sorry Alex, love your work.

7. ChameleonArch

ChameleonArch YOU AM NO REAL SUPER SAND

I can't shake this feeling that Grimlock is part of one of Shockwave's schemes, because if the Worldsweeper was in fact his ship, then that would point to Grimmy being experimented upon by Ol' One Eye. And I can't think of better way to mess with a captive Dinobot than to open his skull up and fiddle with his mind.

When (If.) the Scavengers get to Cybertron, is it possible that Shockwave could control Grimlock? Maybe that's why he appears brain dead, his mind having been dulled by whatever Shocky did to him? If Shockwave does control Grimlock, he could be used as an effective weapon against Autobot High Command.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to think, given IDW Shockwave's previous global agendas, he would have grander plans for Grimlock then just to ripoff his shitty FOC counterpart's mad scientist shtick and use Grims as a less effective weapon against the Autobots than himself considering how amazingly powerful Shockwave is supposed to be.

9. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    I still think Scorponok is involved somehow in what happened to Grimlock. I mean that whole mess the scavengers found on the ship just smells like ole Scorpy work. Plus he also was on Garrus 9 with Grimlock when Overlord took over.

10. D307

D307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you here on this, we have not seen Scorponok since Maximum Dinobots. But the IDW version of him has a way of working behind the scenes, letting things take a long time until they pay off. He may be off onto his next experiment already, though I do wonder what happended to his old Headmaster partner?

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Indeed.

Plus I'd just love to see Scorponok again. He was a rough customer with no closure.

12. mirage4lifeyo

mirage4lifeyo Well-Known Member

Awesome issue, as usual. I like that even with so many cliffhangers dangling everywhere now with almost every character, Roberts is not rushing it, just wrapping up one particular story arc at a time so you feel both fulfilled when this issue ends but on the edge of your seat for the next cliffhanger at the same time.

By the way one thing I just noticed, and this probably isn't a spoiler since the situation has been ongoing since issue #2...but the whole situation with "Skids the amnesiac" is pretty funny when you look at the original toy bio written for Skids by Budiansky back in the day...the very first line of his "abilities" says: "Skids has an enormous memory storage capacity."

LOL. Whoops. Yeah, not so much anymore.

Actually I wonder if that could be a trait that's in play here, and that Skids was chosen for whatever has happened to him specifically because of his huge memory storage capacity, which whoever then utilized to do whatever? Dunno....

13. mirage4lifeyo

mirage4lifeyo Well-Known Member

By the way, notice toward the end when
    Tarn is telling the Scavengers that they've all been added to "The List", he then closes by saying "And Grimlock - don't worry. We'll work our way down to you eventually." In context, that's implying that Grimmy too was in fact on "The List", still leaving an implication out there that he spent some time as Decepticon at some point perhaps? Tarn also revealed some apparent personal hatred for Grimlock on page 9...bottom line everything with Grimmy really is still as shrouded in mystery as it was when the issue started, but I still maintain there's no reason for him to be on the List unless he had some sorta history with the Deceps in some way.

Oh and for people complaining about the possible "cartoonization" of Grimlock's speech patterns...keep in mind too that that was the speech pattern for Grimlock in the Marvel Comics run especially in the later issues when Roberts got hooked...in the comics it was Grimlock alone who had the speech problems whereas the other Dinobots spoke normally, which is the situation we are setting up now (and also, coincidentially, seems to be how its gonna be set up in the Fall of Cybertron game and possibly TF Prime after that...things starting to align a bit like Hasbro was saying they wanted perhaps?)

14. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    This comic would be a bargain at twice the price. Always quality, I have never not enjoyed one :D 

That's going to be interesting, if it ever happens. The DJD are badass momma jammers to be sure, but Last Stand of the Wreckers (by design or my terrible interpretation) makes Overlord look like a one man army.

15. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I'm more worried about what's on the
    Necrobot's list eighteen months later
    at the end than the comic. That has me very worried about those character's fates...

16. Baron Prime

Baron Prime Well-Known Member

Loving MTMTE immensely. Not previously a fan of Alex's work I have come to really enjoy it. Tarn=Armada Demolisher. Just saying. We've had Sky Byte and Lockdown from other interpretations why not Demolisher? Loyal, Tank, Big guns as well.
    On another note, I've been letting my 11 year old read the Roberts run. I hesitantly gave him LSOTW last year just to see his reaction but he just read on with nary a worry. I did warn him with the DJD torture scenes but after putting it into context he was ok with them. And nows he knows and (everyone!!) knowing is half the battle.....

17. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Same here. I'm hoping it will be a curveball like Rung's fate. Would hate to see those characters go away so soon.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Did anyone notice that Tarn transformed a lot in this episode? ^^

19. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Heh. Episode.

I actually didn't clue into that until you pointed it out, this is actually the first tim we see his alt mode in-fiction, yes?

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Force of habit lol. but yeah, he popped into tank mode to cover the distance between him and the coffin, again to attack Grimlock, and again to attack the Cybernought. he could have hit with his hands or used his double fusion canon, but nope. Now those transformations may not be considered "alot" but consider how often others transform-hardly at all, aside from needing to to travel-mostly everyone stays in bot mode. in fact, aside from Fulcrum and Flywheels once a piece in this EPISODE, no one transformed except for Tarn. Often for them may not seem like often for us.