More than Meets the Eye #21 Discussion/Spoilers and Preview Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by VRDUBZAK, Sep 21, 2013.

1. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Yeah, I agree with this. Under the circumstances, with all the deception and skullduggery, and knowing that Red Alert had been shadowplayed as far back as the Matrix Heist incident, it really feels like there should be a lot more too it than "I got really stressed, so I pulled my own head off."

zmog

2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but Tyrest created this portal to take him to cybertopia right? He also created Aequitas computer/chamber on Garrus 9 which seemed to share some traits with the Portal he made specifically the "Guilt" aspects of it. Way back in issue #6 of MTMTE in a flashback Overlord mentioned that he wanted into the Aequitas chamber but not for the computer but for what was underneath the chamber.... Does any one else suppose there could be another portal on Garrus 9 and if so what does Overlord know about it, how does he know about it?

3. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Not a bad theory...

...and who ELSE knows about it?

zmog

4. gregles

gregles quintesson

Given that he is a dab hand at interrogation and an amateur memoseurgeon and he has sure had many many autobots in his captivity over the years he could easily accumulate lots of other peoples secrets. I wouldn't be surprised if he was manipulating or bribing prowl and bumblebee into making it easy for him to escape and rebuilding him after lsotw

5. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I was just rereading some of stay in the light and thought that it seemed kinda odd that Dia Atlas and Starsaber don't seem more familiar with Cyclonus. Dia and Cy used to hang in the same click according to the annual so I thought there would at least be a little more, but maybe that's why Cy went out of his way to mix it up with Saber. in issue #20 he does watch Dia fly off with what looks like concern (Though it's hard to tell with Cyclonus). Also I kinda figured the Crew of the first ark were the best and brightest makes me think Saber would have something to say about it.

6. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overlord did have fort max captive for what, 2 years?

Though, if he had mnemosurgery needles- why did he bother physically interrogating Fort Max? Why not just take the information he wanted, and them just torture fort max for fun?

Hhrm.....

7. TF14

TF14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^I could be wrong but maybe Overlord just wanted to mess with Fort Max psychologically, pretend to be interrogating him and threaten to kill another Autobot for every second Fort Max refuses to answer him. Making Fort Max think that it's his fault that all of these Autobots are dying by Overlord's hand.

8. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    He didn't have any needles though.

9. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

Sorry for the late reply, I've had exams and no time.
    He created his own forcefield to keep himself out because he had no self control? The single most important thing to him (Cybetopia) and he was worried that he'd stuff it up on a whim? As you said 'insane, not stupid'

This would be the equivalent of me wanting to have blue eyes, and subsequently hiring a bouncer to guard my door only allowing blue eyed people through. Not only is the added motivation redundant, because I already want blue eyes, I would have effectively disadvantaged myself by allowing any random person with blue eyes access to my home. Trapped outside I'd have to suffer a pretty major inconvenience while I try to manufacture a set of blue contact lenses.

You mentioned earlier that the forcefield may have been intended to keep others like Starsaber from crossing over. What good is a guilt sensing forcefield going to do against someone who is convinced they are the hand of God? Absolutely nothing.
    If he's such a good forcefield engineer, why doesn't he just make a forcefield that allows only himself to pass? That'll keep the riff-raff out of paradise more effectively and seems a much simpler process.

It really is a convoluted to suggest that Tyrest has given himself so many burning hoops to jump through, perhaps that is Roberts doing.
    But if Tyrest didn't feel he was able to assess his own conscience I'm sure he could have found a more controlled way of doing so like a quick scan.

The quote "Only those who are without guilt can cross over. I cannot open the portal until I have atoned for my sins" I feel has emphasis on 'can' and 'cannot' not 'wish not'. At no point does Tyrest mention wanting to make a good impression on Primus, the 5, and the Knights.
    Personally, I think the 'voice of Primus' inside his head is the most pertinent aspect of his revelation. He's being beckoned to come by what he thinks is Primus, he doesn't need to prove himself, he just needs access.

10. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Well, there IS the fact that Tyrest is batshit insane.

Or did he build the portal prior to hopping on the happy train?

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Don't want to open a new thread for this...
    but... WTF? I was just browsing soup.io for funny pictures and then I come across one picture of Tailgate riding Cyclonus... what the fuck is wrong with people?

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    So, I was just thinking... now we have the Dark Cybertron Crossover, but shouldn't we like first see what happened to the Autobots and Decepticons that suffered from the kill switch? I mean, they did nothing about that, didn't they? Or did I forget something?