More Than Meets The Eye #2 Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Tim Formas, Feb 14, 2012.

1. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Yeah Roberts rocks but hearing you say that just flashed me back to Rotorstorm... aww....:( 

2. Greyley

Greyley Well-Known Member

Damn straight! I've never been so happy to hand over four bucks. :) 

And that's a great point to make...everyone out there, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE spend actual money on this! IDW has finally given us the kind of TF comics we've been begging for for years, so we need to support this creative team with our wallets. All the fan love in the world won't matter much if the profits don't impress.

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've bought them all digitally at this point because I have had no time to get to a store, but I plan to buy them all physically too as soon as I see them. And I'll buy the collections too.

And I have ZERO reservations about doing so. These are some of the best TF stories ever and they deserve to be rewarded and supported.

-ZacWilliam, IDW needs to know this comic should never ever end.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I buy the individual issues digitally and will gladly buy the TPBs when they come out.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Picked this up today. Fucking hilarious. Roberts writes these guys as people. It's great. They have people problems, act like people, yet are believably robots. I can't explain how much I love Ratchet.

The art was, I'm not gonna lie, bad at points. (half the time Cyclonus' face looks terrible) Overall not bad at all, though.

6. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Bought it (digitally, since I'd damage/loose a physical comic eventually, and it's so much easier to simply tap a button and read it on ipad. Helps that the app works great, too.)

Loved this issue. Not as much as the first, since the first was (mostly) all characters being characters, and this issue felt more plot.

The writing is stellar. I find myself caring less about the plot and more about the characters and their interactions.

"Cybertron: The Soap Opera" sounds appealing if it's written like this.

Preferred Roche's art overall, but this is perfectly fine.

I only wish we could clone the team who worked on it, so we could have it weekly. :D 

7. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another great issue, I actually care about Skids! I have a feeling a lot of G1 toys prices will skyrocket now like others did with LSOTW. Swerve is just as awesome as last issue. Hell everyone is full of character. Alex Milne has also done a great job picking up on the art, putting his own little touch in while keeping the style very similar to Roche's. Josh Burcham's colors are a big help as well, everything just looks so good.

8. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    This was another great issue! Great work by the creative team! I can't believe I'm actually caring for characters I've only rememebered from toy catalogues. Great to see them feature little known characters like Skids and Swerve! Now I want toys! :lol  Hopefully we'll see other lesser known characters get some time. Really looking forward to Trailbreaker's feature next issue.

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I get the feeling Trailbreaker will be essential due to his forcefield... looking forward to events to come.

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It wasn't as exciting as the first issue, but damn was it funny. What lacked in action was made up for in well written humor, characterization, and story. I think Skids was definitely a highlight as he was in the spotlight for most of the action.

One scene that I particularly enjoyed was when Cyclonus pulled Whirl in close and whispered
    "I'm going to kill you."
    Whew! Terrifically written comic.

I'm definitely supporting these new comics. I buy both covers and will seriously consider the trades as well.

11. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Ok read the issue again, and checked TFwiki for some characters I wasn't familiar with. Noticed all the characters they killed off here are non-toy ones, and are either brand new or one-off characters. Glad to see they're going to at least explore the long time ones that have some history (or no history rather).

Anyway I noticed people haven't tried identifying the 'Bots on page 19. I see Blaster, Mainframe (next to Blaster at the console), Sunstreaker, Hound (next to Sunstreaker at the console),Gears (next to Ratchet) Brawn (next to Ratchet) Inferno, Cosmos (he got bigger!), Powerglide next to him, Pointblank (next to Rodimus' leg) Trailbreaker.

Any guesses who the others are? Also, nice to see what looks like Actionmaster Rollout on top of Ultra Magnus on Page 1. Damn this issue is just so great to look through.

12. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm going to have read the issue again to try and identify more of the bots. I really like how you can read through this issue multiple times and continue to enjoy it.

13. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really miss being able to do stuff like this. It's like every time I read through it, I catch something else. It's so rare to have a comic like this coming out these days.

14. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    If I were to ever be faced with continuing Prime or having a cartoon that is an adaptation of this comic, I'd kick Prime to the curb. And I like that show, too. :lol  Best Transformers story in years, period.

I think Springer is in there too! The guy talking to Powerglide! It has enough visual cues to be him. Green, grey and orange, wheels in his shoulders...

15. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    If Springer is there, then we should find out what went down with him and Whirl!!!!

16. astrakhan

astrakhan Well-Known Member

What's impressive is that there's two comics like this coming out on a regular basis. Remember the scene near the end of Robots In Disguise #1?

Yet despite some of the similarities--core casts with tons of cameos--it's amazing how well they differentiate RID and MTMTE. It really feels like you're getting your money's worth from two titles instead of one bimonthly book.

17. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    We're totally getting our moneys worth. I like what you said about how well they differentiate RID and MTMTE. I completely agree and love how the writers are still able to keep them connected.

18. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    That's Hoist innit?

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Damnit, I saw those colors and was certain it was Springer. But that is far more likely. :( 

20. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, he was seen earlier in the book hauling Cyclonus out of the water.

I've been meaning to look back at that particular panel and see who's who.

Anyone have any idea what the hell Rung turns into? I saw a couple of scooter wheels on his back in the first issue.