More Than Meets the Eye #15 Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by GFH, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    PIPES! REWIND! NOOO!!!!

I do agree with the statement that they should have tried increasing the size of this issue.

But DAMN I enjoyed it. I think some peoples issue is it wasn't as "long" at #14.
    I'm not buying Magnus being dead, and MAN Ratchet was hardcore!

for those complaining about a phase-sixer with a built in safety switch being "predictable", get over it.....it's an established thing, and clearly shown being set up last issue.....that said I'd love Rodimus "till all are one" thing to go away now.

I also sincerly doubt Overlord is dead....that shot was for someone else benefit, but even his jet mode would be slow going in the vastness of space. and give the DJD time to catch up with him.

all in all, while it wasn't AS GOOD as #14, as we saw with #13, a 'weak' issue of MTMTE is 200% better than 99.9% of every other comic on the stands (not counting Wolverine & The X-Men or Atomic Robo)

2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ratchet is a total legend.

3. agp

agp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the end I think this was all about Chromedome. I don't think the fight was supposed to overshadow his experience. It wasn't a massacre, it was everything in Chromedome's past catching up with him.

Ratchet is the baddest dude going, bar none.

I don't get all the conversation about the deaths. It's a story people die, none of the death's were gratuitous. I understand comments about being sad and what not, but I don't see the need to analyze if they were acceptable.

4. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Thank you for pointing that out! I completely forgot to mention how awesome Ratchet has been under Roberts. Loved how calm and cool he was after discovering Overlord. and wow, who knew he was such a good shot!

I'd pay good money for a short story arc featuring Overlord vs the DJD! It'd be great to see a story where Overlord isn't the unstoppable force of nature he's so far portrayed to be. Of course, I also hope they don't overexpose Overlord so soon, right now he reminds me of the early Venom appearances, where the mere sight of him had Spidey (and the readers!) worried for his life and his family, truly a force to be reckoned with.

5. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's a headfuck for ya;

Did Domey fire the missile to save Rewind from death at the hands of Overlord, or was it because he thought that Overlord would clue Rewind in on a few things?

Was Chromey making a tragic sacrifice, or was he weasely covering his own ass?

6. Napalm

News Credits:
    It pains me to say 'Both'.

7. Nope

Nope yscohb

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Rewind and Pipes :( 

I decline to believe that Magnus is dead.

Thank Pharma for that.

8. Star Saber

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the former.
    With the way Overlord was in his head, I'm betting Chromedome knows Overlord knows how close they were, and if he wasn't going to get revenge on Chromedome for locking him up again, he sure as hell was going to take it out on the guy he considered his closest friend. It really looked like he was trying to spare Rewind the pain of dying at Overlord's hands

:lol  I don't think the hands make a good shot, surgery yes, a good shot seems unlikely.

9. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

Has it occured to anyone that Ultra Magnus may be dead, but his spark may live on? Here's my line of reasoning.

In Japanese G1 continutity
    Ultra Magnus
    was killed by
    Sixshot.
    In IDW continutiy both
    Sixshot
    and Overlord are phase sixers.
    RID
    Ultra Magnus
    was named
    God Magnus
    in Car Robots.
    The God part of the Name is shared with Godbomber.
    Godbomber is a component of God Ginrei, Overlords original arch enemy.
    God Ginrei was rebuilt after being mortally wounded into Victory Leo.
    Clearly
    Ultra Magnus
    is going to be rebuild into Victory Leo!

Oh wait, they don't have to Shill a Toy line with this. Never mind. I'll miss you
    Ultra Magnus

And the above is a joke.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  10. Star Saber

News Credits:
    Actually Hasbro is making more comic-accurate toys as evidenced by their last announcement involving the Generations line (you know with the comic accurate looks and tie in comics?) :p  That said, your line of reasoning is a bit wonky :p 

11. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    the former. it was to 'save' rewind, nothing more....I imagine though he was trying to confess through the hatch, I have no doubt we'll now find out what the secret was, probably next issue in the 'season finale'.

12. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, Ratchet was totally awesome - why did I not mention that before? He was always one of my, if not my, favorite throughout all TF series..liked him in the Marvel comics, liked him in Animated, liked his design in the movies...I like how his new 'aligned' version is snarky/ sarcastic, and he's pretty much written perfectly in this series.

Nothing but love for this dude.

13. 1984forever

1984forever Banned

I knew MTMTE #15 was going to be overhyped when it got it's own playlist, so I wasn't expecting this issue to be any better than the rest. Which it wasn't. The dialogue between Chromedome and Rewind was just cringe inducing and the fights were disappointing.

Brawn didn't go toe to toe with Overlord and Sunstreaker didn't want to mess up his paint job. No surprise there, but I thought a glory hound like Sunstreaker would at least make an attempt to defeat Overlord. The bulky G1 Rodimus I know from childhood would have been the first one to rush into battle, this animated Rodimus wasn't even the second Autobot in, or the third. That skinny little coward was not Rodimus, he was the Scarecrow from Batman. Ultra Magnus was taken down too easily, and the fight between Overlord and mini-Max was straight out of a corny '90s Rob Liefeld rag. The only shining moment was the Ratchet vs. Overlord scene, too bad it was Prime Ratchet and not Sunbow Ratchet, though.

I blame the Marvel UK comics. If Roberts had grown up with the G1 cartoon as his main influence he would be a much better writer. I really wish he would stop his Transformers from referring to themselves as "people".

14. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No kidding. And for the record, the Metabomb was awesome.

15. Napalm

News Credits:
    Cheers 1984forever. Now, moving on.
    What is Rewind if not knowledge, and what is knowledge if not power? Who knows what else Overlord gleaned from Chromedome during their mind meld. Rewind might be a fairly useful tool kept alive for the big bad, no? And I'm sure a big hard bastard like that may well survive an explosion like that. I mean, Cyclonus shielded Rewind from a great big explosion in issue 12 and he isn't nearly as tough as Overlord..

16. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overlord probably isn't dead.

17. Star Saber

News Credits:
    I also suspect Overlord survived, and possibly took Rewind with him. Who knows? He could have transformed and took him inside before the explosion. Of course, given the time dilation field, I wonder if he got beyond a step before Chromedome blew them up, which means Rewind is possibly severely damaged or dead, but Overlord still lives.

18. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I forgot that Roberts tweeted that this issue was a place where he actually changed what he had plotted for one of his characters. I wonder when he'll share who it was and why the change.

-ZacWilliam, as always MtMtE makes me long for the next issue. :) 

19. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    thats a good point, I was expecting it to be something with Cyclonus...
    OH! What if it was SWERVE who originally was going to go see Blaster?

20. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My only complaint about the issue was that it seemed so short compared to, well, every other issue. But then it was an action issue and there's plenty of eye-candy to go back and enjoy.

I'm glad it wasn't the massacre it threatened to be, but I liked the way everything played out. For me the interest lies not in the battle but the aftermath. I expect great things next issue.