Minor/Repaint: More TF Prime Megatron paint apps and LED mod

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by darthdevious, Feb 20, 2012.

1. darthdevious

darthdevious Destroyer of Worlds

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Took the gun apart, used an extra bit of wire to relocate the LED, painted the gun purple, then a very light dry-brush of silver, then sealed it with future finish. After removing the gimmick parts, glued them together to create a gladiatorial style energon sword :)  Also, in the closeup of his head, which is hard to see, de to the small size, I took his head apart, the light piping has molded pupils, so, I added a tiny touch of white paint to circle the pupils, removing the "dead" look. The gun lights up by simply pressing down on the battery cover area, or pushing in the back part that used to activate the gimmick.

Attached Files:

2. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Nice job! I have been planning to do that same LED mod to mine.

But I must ask how you get it to light up by simply pressing the battery cover.

3. darthdevious

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, the way it is designed, it can be activated that way. There is a small white lever in there, it presses the tiny button that activates the light. The wires I used jammed the mechanism from moving, but, it still lets pressure be added to the white bar, transferring it to the LED. Take a look at it, you will see the white bar on the bottom when the gun is at rest, and the battery cover is facing up.

4. lugNUTS92

lugNUTS92 Wrecker

Hey man, that paint job is sweet. What kinda paint did you use on ol' Megs and what'd you use on the cannon? I'd love to paint mine the same way :rock 

5. darthdevious

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I used Elmers Painters pens. For his body, I dabbed a little paint on my finger, then rubbed it over the body, getting it into the molded grooves. For the cannon, I painted it purple, then drybrushed a very light coat of silver, then sealed it with future finish :)