More Seekers for the next film?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by QLRformer, May 12, 2012.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    We only got time for one Seeker, in ROTF: the eternal glory of Jetfire. There was a chance of one more (Ransack, in a fight that only occured in the novelization), but unfortunately they’ve all been relegated to the comics.

Still, there might be chance for more Seekers to appear in the next films. I think there’s scope for Ramjet (in his UNIVERSE version, as a foe of Vector Prime), Sunstorm (a special solar fusion reactor for energon), Dirge (a fear-inducer like the Scarecrow), and maybe even Slipstream (a female Decepticon would be something new). Keeping in mind that these are ancient Cybertronians and not Starscream’s brigade of aerial fighters, it could possibly go down well.

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Ramjet is dead, unelss they pull a crankcase by having a diff character but with the same name :) 

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Kup as the Model T.

4. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Depends how they use the term "Seekers". If they stick with the RotF-established "older Transformers whose mission was to seek out...whatever it was they were supposed to seek out in RotF", then yes. If they choose "Seekers" as in "coloured clones of a jet-based Decepticon", they eh, no. Granted, if they combined the two terms: A squadron of older aircraft alt mode Decepticons (Ramjet, Sunstorm, Dirge, etc.) who were sent out to look for whatever, then that'd be pretty cool. (And no, that's not the movie-fan in me, that's the me that just plain old never got behind the concept of the original seekers.)

Not if they want him for the film.

+1

5. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

autobots need ariealbots in tf 4

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I think you mean Starscream. Ramjet never appeared in the movies - comics don't count.

If Skywarp and Thundercracker showed up looking like their DotM toys - I might not object. At least not until they were underutilized then killed off in an inconsequential manner.

7. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Movie canon overrides Comic canon.

Deal with it or don't post. Simple choice.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love to see that good Ford car seeker.

9. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I vote Sunstorm, as long as he's like he is in my fan fiction universe; Extermination and it's sequels (link in my signature). :D 

10. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    did TC die in the comics? cause i'd like to see him and Skywarp in the films. i'd also like to see the three "storm" repaints of SS

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    The comics do not dictate what happens in the films - the films are their own canon. So, Thundercracker is a technical possibility.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yup - death in the comics is not death in the movies.

Then again, death in the movies isn't always death in the movies either. :p 

13. KayeMinor

KayeMinor Banned

Again with the friggin comis aren't canon argument?!

14. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    There is no argument, only fact.

Despite what the novel and the comics may say or do, the Movie is the most accurate representation of events in the Bayverse. Michael Bay has no regard for what ever micro canon the comics may set up.

A character that dies in the comics doesn't die in the movie. For all we know, Jolt and the Twins were off on a mission safely away from the heat of battle or were killed off screen.

Movie defines the canon, comics and novels work around that and off early scripts.

Its a simple fact; deal with it.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    The comics and novels are canon. But only to the comics and novels.

There's nothing wrong with people personally wanting to use what happens in the comics and novels to plug the gaps in the movies, but they need to understand that those plugs are not canon to the movies. Even the toy bios aren't canon to the movies. The movies hold ultimate sway here because all other stuff based off the movies are secondary to them.

Sure, a later movie might take an element from the comics if the moviemakers want, but even that wouldn't validate all the other comic and novel stuff in regards to being canon to the movies.

Until some people understand that we'll always have the 'figgin' comics aren't canon' thing. So get used to it.

16. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Get used to it. eagc7 religiously thinks of the comics as canon and, no matter what you say, he'll always stick to that mindset.

17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Agreed. If Thundercracker and Skywarp were ever in the movies; they'd show up for 2 minutes, have no dialogue, or personality, then some Marine would throw a rock at them, and then they'd die.
    And then some people would still be posting the forums regardless raving about how awesome they were...

I mean look at it this way; in the 1st Bayformers game Shockwave was a boss, and a he was killed. Oh, wait, now he's in DOTM; that can't be canon...
    The comics, and video games have to work around whatever the movie wants; not the other way around.
    The movies are going to ignore whatever the comics, games, and novels have to say. It's really that simple.

On a personal note: I do include the comics as part of the movie canon, bc quite frankly, the movies don't show a lot, but that's just me. If the movie contradicts the comics in anyway, I'm not going to complain.

18. Soundwavedredd2

Soundwavedredd2 Banned

YE thundercracker and skywarp could be starscreams brothers

19. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

He also refuses to watch any of the cartoons

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    "Yes thundercracker and skywarp could be starscreams brothers"
    Ah, I'm not sure we need to see Starscream clones in the movieverse.

But I'd LOVE to see TFilm Dreadwing appear, in addition to the other Seekers I've mentioned in the OP.