More realistic Transformers cartoon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Kazak, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Kazak

Kazak Member

I was focused only on look, but I would welcome also this aspect. I did not raise this matter, because I wasn't able to see cartoons, so I can't tell which one after Unicron Trilogy is more grey than black and white.

2. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I think you mean the more traditional G1 look as opposed to the modern stylised aesthetics such as the movies, Prime and Animated.

I have to agree I definitely prefer the old school look myself.

There are a few videos on YouTube which are described as movies but actually walk throughs of the old ps2 Armada game and the Devestation game. The latter uses a lot of background music from the G1 movie.

I find them enjoyable and they're in our preferred aesthetic.

You should also check out Optimus Time Lord's thread in the Toy Forum where he redoes clips of the G1 cartoon using Masterpiece toys in photoshop/stop motion.

The War for Cybertron games were originally designed with G1 in mind so their aesthetic is close as well.

There are also fandubs of the Japanese Headmaster show that are quite well done. Not perfect but infinitely preferable to the official redubs.

I don't find the Machinima series as bad as a lot of the fandom say. My only real issue is Menasor's Godawful voice and Windblade doing too much anime style grunting and shouting.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    What about the Transformers Devastation video game? Thoughts on that?