More Power Core Combiners Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Sage o' G-fruit, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    It could work, I myself was thinking on trying to keep the whole set together and making Motormaster into the toro bot (who turns into a car), namely because that saves me some money.

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I think they're pretty cool! Sure, the limbs don't have individual robot modes, which is kind of lame, but they are supposed to be brand new drones (not characters that already had robot modes), and that kind of gives them that vibe that they are a simple power-up, rather than actual robots. The automorph adds to the vibe too, making them seem like a quickly deploying set of war machines. The versatile Mini-cons, however, are what really draws me to this line. They seem to add a massive amount of play potential.

3. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    What I like about these: Gestalts for my shelf, a cheaper Bruticus to go alongside Classics Onslaught, Smolder's potential as a Defensor repaint(please hasbro!), and maybe even the aerial bots to go with Classics silverbolt. Tons of other potential and nods, like the Blue helicopter in headmasters and yellow race car target master. Sure the limbs don't have bot modes, but they can really only be displayed one way or the other, love the preservation of leg articulation. Huffer too? Pure win, can't wait to see more combined and swapped for better accuracy and new guys. Defensor(smolder repaint), Menasor(huffer repaint), Computron, and whoever else can be squeezed out by them. Kinder on my wallet while providing some nice bang while filling some holes.

What I don't like: The alluding alts don't have bot mode figures T_T. Swindle in the least deserves a figure you'd think... Superion feels too much like the mini bot plane gestalt, less like G1 superion. No seperate limb four packs. Maybe some legends love would be nice in the least. Besides it's not like this would be the first time Swindle's sold others for parts.

4. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

They do look nifty, but I'm still not sold on them yet. They have pretty limited articulation, and unlike the energon combiners I don't think there'll be any fan modes that'll add much articulation. Also the whole idea of the limbs NOT having bot modes still bothers me. I can see why people might like these. The automorph gimmik looks somewhat fun, but so far from what I've seen.... they're just not for me.

Edit- I dunno, maybe I'll end up liking them. I can see some appeal in them, I'm just still not too sure about them.

5. JazzSanti86

JazzSanti86 Rockin Out! Latino Style!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    More awesomeness!

6. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

These pics coming out make brain hurt. I cannot figure out whether or not I like these.

7. Magnimus

Magnimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's the only thing that bugs me: why would smoulder combine with bombshock's drones?

Are rhe drones like the town bicycle and just get passed around?

"okay smoulder, you can have the drones Monday, wednesday, Friday and every other weekend. I get them the rest of the time and on all major holidays"

8. me!!

me!! hey it's me.

Neat i've been sold to these!!!!!
    (i feel like their gonna make a power core combiner devastator??)

9. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Real Gear "Booster X10" appearance as Buzzsaw, Soundwave's minion in Nefarious #1 kinda puts them into the Movie universe.

I still don't care for the combining gimmick - I hate non-transforming limbs, and frankly those limbs do not look much better then the clawed hands/feet of the Energon combiners, anyway.

But the basic bots are great, they will be usefull for repaints. I also can't believe that we are getting a new Icepick toy. Bring on the rest of the Monster Pretenders!

10. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    dude, that would be AWESOME!

um... because its part of the gimmick? why would you not combine each and every limb with each and every torso? i plan on mixing and matching, and buying extra sets of limbs from people just for that...

11. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I think they are just limb sluts :D 

The whole "drone" thing is a bit grateing, I didn't mind it with Energon Prime cause they all fit in his trailer. If we had like an Ultra Magnus with all his bits in a car carrier I would be on that like stink on Armanda Sideswipe.

12. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Lazy" and "trying something different" do not mean the same thing. And there's nothing wrong with expanding the definition of what a combiner is.

Duocons are old school, mate.

13. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Y'know what REALLY sells me on these? is the fact that they're NOT classics characters. It's not "Onslaught", It's Bombshock. It's not Silverbolt, It's "Skyburtst".

Just the name alone justifies it because they're not trying to pass these off as their G1 predacessors. Good deal to me. They're NEW characters and welcome to my collection.

Huffer is the exception. Not sure whether or not to replace my Botcon version.

14. AMG

AMG Old School

I can't wait for these to start hitting the shelves.

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Huffer and Smolder are the 2 I really want, but I might end up buying the whole line

16. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just to take this off-topic for a bit, this seller's also trying to offload Metroplex for only 50 renminbi? What?

17. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably the KO.