More positive Transformers Movie Reviews and Reactions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by atlianz, Jun 21, 2007.

1. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    heh. you don't want to know. You obviouslyt can't understand my sense of humor, so you're not worth my time.

And to be honest, I will see the movie next week. And I will love it,
    BUT
    when I talk to people about it (my reveiw) I will tell them....my reveiw, both what I like and what I didn't like.

I can't understand the mentality of some people on these boards. Express your opinion, or attack someone elses, it's what makes it interesting, but members like noobus come on specifically to start shit.

Once again...sorry I read the review in the perspective I did. I found it ironic, yet refreshing to see a review that speaks honesty and opinion, it was great to hear someone who actually saw the movie proclaim to throw out your G1 visions, and the fact that producers rushed in too many characters and mashed up a potentially great plot.

2. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

LOL I just do it to get a rise out of you princess. Im going to see it opening night with my friends. I can't wait.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Wait, I'm lost. He punched his monitor and broke it...so how can he continue to post and see what he's posting?

<leaves thread ASAP>

4. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I bet you have lots of friends too. Tell me how popular you are and how many girlfriends you have also, I am belittled by your presence.

Dude. quit attacking me, if you want to get personal, My PM button is on the left here

<------

We can settle it however you'd like. I'd love to shut you up.

ps, enjoy seeing it on the 3rd, I'm seeing it the 27th :) 

5. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I long for that day...
    I honestly (and foolishly) thought the good word about the film would mark a turning point.

Instead we have an almost indecent clamour to grasp onto the smallest of negatives and blow them out of proportion to prove the most nebulous of points.
    I'm truly so close to jacking it all in now, and invoke 'Captain Boycott' on this previously enjoyable thread.

6. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I have no doubts that the movie will be well received by professional critics, but the stuff they post over at AICN just makes me cringe for all of its lack of respect for the English language. Those last two reviews in particular were pretty rough to digest.

The last reviewer talking about plot holes made me laugh. Someone like him is in no position to talk about what makes for a good story. Even the all-time great novelists were unable to avoid plot holes in their works! I've come to the conclusion that it's near impossible to tell a perfect story.

So, I'll take this with a grain of salt, though there is one thing through all of these muddy reviews that I can positively gather about the movie that I couldn't for the other big flicks this summer: Transformers is a lot of fun.

7. brothersamuel40

brothersamuel40 Mmm... munchies

8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    is THAT what they are saying in that song... I thought it was about a higher love or something...wow...

9. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

If there's ever a dominantly bad review written of this film (hasn't been one yet), I'll be sure to quote the 10% that says good things, and discard the other 90% like it never happened :D 

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I agree with nuopus to the point that you shouldn't let stuff that's said on here get to you personally, but at the same time, I wouldn't call someone who punched, and broke, their monitor after reading something on here that made them mad stupid, or anything similar for that matter. I too wish we could have a thread about the movie that didn't turn ugly, but, that's impossible, lol.

11. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    I haven't seen one balanced review of this film yet.
    Once I download it and watch it thoroughly, I'll provide the first one.

12. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

I love this comment from a review on AICN:

Dude certainly doesn't have very high standards.

At any rate, it seems that TF is getting mostly positive feedback.

13. Lateralus

Lateralus Well-Known Member

14. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This movie needs to come out Yesterday.

15. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

The Variety reviewer comes off as rather snobbish, as if it pained him to have to sit through Transformers when he could be doing his nails. And yet, he didn't completely bash the movie either.

So, that's a positive sign, I guess.

16. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing, and said as much on the Murphy boards, and Don set us straight :D 

So I guess that's just the way they write 'em; summary up top, technical quibbles down below.

17. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    First of all, any kind of reviews that are going on for this kind of action flick are going to be negative in some way, shape or form. It's a BLOCKBUSTER film, not your Indie non-money making Oscar contender.

Although it should be an Oscar contender just in the special effects alone..Spielberg and Bay are in it for the money, not the awards (finally). Both will be opening new bank accounts due to this one movie alone.

I read some reviews but my review is what counts. Although I'm not hip about the stars of the film (Fox and LeBeouf) because, IMHO, both seem rather clueless due to the "Bambi" factor (deer in the headlights look of surprise and awe), it's the Cybertronians that count. Me? It's all about Optimus Prime...but then again, you all know that, right?

It's just a movie. If the Autobots/Decepticons were the real thing, it would a totally different matter altogether.

Love, Heather

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    QFT!!!! I dont listen to reviews. In the end its what the viewer sees the film as.

19. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I must admit, even as a movie supporter I've been really surprised by how positive the reviews are.
    I mean, it's almost traditional for the more 'explosive' summer event movies to be given, at best, grudging lukewarm praise and a host of back-handed compliments.
    Being aware of this makes the reviews released so far all the more encouraging.

20. billmoo

billmoo aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I laugh at people on teh int4rw3bs that nitpick about minutiae and actively get worked up about it far beyond the practical scope of said minutiae.

Regardless of any reviews being posted, the only one that will really matter is my own on opening day... though the mostly positive ones coming out is encouraging.