More positive Transformers Movie Reviews and Reactions

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by atlianz, Jun 21, 2007.

1. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm blind to the raves. And saw this

Nit-picks: The music is pretty bad. The plot is over-simplified, and of course it's easy to figure out what's going to happen. The gazillion characters are introduced REALLY fast, and the pace is a bit frenetic - it had me seriously wondering if the screenwriters were on speed while constructing the story. Everyone yells a lot, even when they don't need to. It's a giant advertisement for muscle cars and trucks... and tanks and jets. (Yay, gas guzzling machines! While you're busy saving the world for humanity, you might try switching to hybrid engines. Or even hydrogen... aren't you supposed to be all technologically advanced and stuff?) But all of these are easily forgivable, and overall it's a super fun ride, well worth the price of admission AND popcorn... and maybe even a cherry Icee.

Typical of a Bay film...this is why I was scared to begin with...he made the same mistake in armageddon. Good potential to develop characters, but done wrong. TF has GREAT personalities behind the character, it's what makes us love them 20+ years later, yet it's not as important to Bay as blowing things up is.

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    and this:

Disclaimer: I have never been a huge fan of the Transformers, although I played with my fair share and watched a few of the cartoon episodes as a kid. Plus, I knew practically nothing about the film before entering the theater. I would suggest stowing away all previous knowledge of the world of Transformers, starting with a clean slate for this go-round, because obviously, if you're an old-school Transformers superfan, there will be a lot for you to nitpick (yes, they pimped out the paint job on Prime - deal with it). Of course, some people seem to really enjoy tearing apart films that others love, so that is, as always, a personal choice best left up to each individual viewer. Just don't hate me for absolutely loving what they did to 'your' beloved Transformers!

4. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    nice...

5. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

yeah but he also says ull grow to love the charachters such as bumblebee.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

And he also says it's all completely forgivable within the context of the film.

7. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

But she's talking about stuff new to her, as she's not been follwing the film's journey to the screen. We've been debating all that for months now - There are no new 'criticisms' in that piece, just the traits of any big budget action movie from recent years.

None of this is a problem to me - Unlike you, I think the 90% 'raves' say more about the film than the 10% 'nit-picks'. If you choose to see it the other way round then I can promise that you'll hate TRANSFORMERS.

8. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

The truthiness is quoted within.

9. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    Reading all of these Reviews just makes me want to see the movie more :) 

10. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Well, I took the review as she wrote it. black and white. It's apparent the topic at hand has been the topic at hand foremost since the initial announcement of the TF adaption. Now you are trying to claim...it's not an issue?

And for the recond, I'm not as diehard a fan as you in particular, that in fact locks down the fact I will probobly enjoy the movie more than you shall. ;) 

11. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    I love how there is always someone, that has to pick at things lol.

12. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Or you could love more the fact how people can just selectively read only what they want. If someone posts a reveiw, I intend to read...the review.

13. nuopus

nuopus Well-Known Member

Typical hater. See past all of the positives to get to the juicy negatives at the bottom of the barrel huh? Oh well .... have fun looking like an idiot when this movie is the biggest grossing movie this summer.

14. Ritesh_Prime

Ritesh_Prime THE PHIL!

News Credits:
    Yeah but you didn't do that though, in your posts all you show is the bad bits and PLUS! You also say you were Blind to The Rave bits, so you didn't really read the WHOLE review.

So Bla!

15. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    attack...retaliate

First of all...learn to read. I SPECIFICALLY noted that I read the ENTIRE review. I saw the good parts! woohoo. woohoo. yippeee. What else can I say about the raves she mentioned? want a pat on the back?

Hilarious...You honestly believe by making 'the most money' TF will A) make all TF fans happy, and b) label the movie as great? hahahaha

..haha

the OP posted a review about TF. So...i read it, and posted my opinion. I could just pretend i didnt see the negative nit-picks either././.

16. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Even more positive reviews at AICN.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33101

While the "plant" cries get louder (born of desperation?). Some that made me laugh:

"Real TF fans are avoiding this shit"
    "Why the f*** are we letting in more plant reviews?"
    (my censorship - He wasn't so restrained)
    "These are GayBay-Fans Praising this shit, Not TF Fans"

Remember to report that you hated this film once you've seen it people, otherwise you're a "GayBay-fan"...

Violence never solves anything of course, but after reading juvenile dummy-throwers say stuff like that, it sure feels like it'd make me feel better.

Er... sorry? Are you actually accusing me of doing something that you yourself have just done so blatantly? Now that is bold!!

17. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    First of all...learn to read. I SPECIFICALLY noted that I read the ENTIRE review. I saw the good parts! woohoo. woohoo. yippeee. What else can I say about the raves she mentioned? want a pat on the back?

the OP posted a review about TF. So...i read it, and posted my opinion. I could just pretend i didnt see the negative nit-picks either.

I'm not hating anyone. I am posting MY opinion about the REVIEW.
    Yes! I believe some of you guys are super hardcore ravers....but PLEASE read all parts of a review for heaven's sake!

18. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    wow, the positiveness of these reviews have been unanimous leading me to believe that my head might explode from awsomeness overload while watching the movie at cinema.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Why are people getting so worked up about a movie? It's not like Transformers is doomed. If you see it, and like it, that's good. If you see it, and don't like it, then that's fine, some movies aren't for everyone. Why are the these haters so negative? Why do they say retarded stuff like this? Get a life people, I can say from experience you won't regret it.