More Pic of MMC sixshot

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by xterry, Oct 25, 2011.

1. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

He looks expensive if he's that big.

2. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm amazed at how little kibble he has, considering he has six modes.
    There must be some sweet engineering going on here. Either that or a lot of extra parts.

Time for some color guys, I doubt the clear plastic does him much justice.

3. Astronopolis

Astronopolis Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hes probably not as big as some people are assuming. that bee is about as tall as the HA bee not counting the doorwings. i think hes perfect for classics, i like the idea of a huge Sixshot, hes a rather fearsome character! but hey i use TRU Grimlock as classics too

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    zomg me too. I think that some bots are suppose to be pretty powerful and large. So I don't really mind.

5. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Hell no, Leader Bee is quite a bit bigger than HABB.

6. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

he is a big ass kickin bot. no problem there. keep the price down fellas and you'll sell lots.

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    That can't possibly be true. Look at how much smaller the deluxes from DOTM are because of the inclusion of those ridiculous mechtech guns. IGear Ironhide is 7 inches tall (two inches shorter than a masterpiece seeker), but comes with two guns, two saws, a knife, two pistols, two big cannons and like 5 other lil accessories. That and the fact that it's original engineering make the 10 dollars more seem like a steal.

ALL plastic costs money. I'm pretty sure when they meant accessories, they meant the standard one little pistol you get with most figures.

8. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No insult intended, but did you have the Bruticus, Devy, and Sixshot G1 toys (or at least have you compared sizes on them in the past few months to remember the relatives sizes)?

Sixshot is that big (toywise, anyway). He's just suffered from serial size misrepresentation in other media (kinda like Fort Max).

The original's head and hands were a bit small, but, yeah, these are definitely smaller. I would suspect it's out of necessity for the engineering and probably won't change.

With what we've seen out of Hasbro in recent years, I doubt we'll ever see a six-changer from them again.

That would make this the only chance we'll have to see a real Sixshot homage. Hopefully, the engineering and QC are good and it can stay in the $100 - $120 range, since from what I've seen so far, I really would want to get it.

9. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    I imagine construction costs far more than plastic. An accessory could easily just be a part of the sprue that, instead of being a tube, is an accessory.

Mechtech weapons have to be assembled and they have springs.

Regardless, bigger, more complex guns are a decent excuse for the general public for why the figures are smaller, regardless of the actual numbers behind the scenes.

10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Pretty cool. Get the feeling that this will sell for over 200$ tho sadly... =/

11. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

it's a perfect size, saw it at the victoria show. you guys know the g1 sixshot was a pretty big bot right?

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Maybe... but once again, why the dramatic drop in size? heck movie 1 Bee had what was arguably a Mech Tech weapon, Ironhide's Movie 1 Voyager had a firing missile gimmick... Damn near all tranformer toys have some sort of spring for the weapon firing gimmicks they usually have. Assembly is one thing, but the IGear Hide and Ratchet come with more accessories than around 5 or 6 deluxes.

13. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Sixshot likes to fight with bread knives? I think those swords are Circle of Light blades, which will probaly kill him if over used. He's a bit big but I look forward to having a Phase sixer also for those that think he's to big there is that other Sixshot in the works.

14. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    ^ agreed, size is perfect especially if looking at him through g1 and/or idw eyes. Hope someday a comprable overlord and monstructor get made = )

15. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    And again I say:

Regardless, bigger, more complex guns are a decent excuse for the general public for why the figures are smaller, regardless of the actual numbers behind the scenes.

16. RedCometCustom

RedCometCustom Zeon Ace

News Credits:
    I will be getting two. Sixshot is one of my all time favorites. $100 would be nice, but I'll go up to $200 no problem. This is the most anticipated third party piece ever for me.

17. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really want to get one of this mold, but I'm undecided on whether to get Sixshot or Greatshot. Can't wait to see them painted up.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is going to rape my wallet. But I can't pass it up.

It's hard to believe it transforms into 5 different alt modes.

19. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

The mechtech guns aren't what made DOTM figures smaller. they didn't help, but the main reason is the cost of plastic. Plastic is a petroleum based product, Oil is costing more. I'm sure Hasbro just made the DOTM line the start off how things are going to be for awhile. The mainline of the toys are getting smaller (but they are still badass! compare these new legends/legions to minicons, a world of a difference!), it's just the thing that has to happen now. yeah is sucks when toys get smaller and the cost stays the same, but they are trying to deliver the same type of product at the same price. Something has to give. i see it being no different when I go to a sandwhich shop and the portions are smaller than what they used to be.

20. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I cant wait for the Shadowmaru version. But the size. Ouch.