More Photos of Masterpiece Grimlock MP 08

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by GenZhao, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I will wait patiently for a U.S. release.

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Beautiful figure, but too pricey for me, and not a character I like enough to shell out that much for, but I'm happy for all the Grimmy fans.

3. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

Well, the U.S, release will probably be cheaper. But there's no good reason to support K.O.'s

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I see what you did there.
    :thumb 

5. pcsguy88

pcsguy88 I'm a Toys R Us kid TFW2005 Supporter

Do we know about metal content yet? My wife will not pay $150 for plastic. The only part I can tell is metal is Grimmy's man cup. You can tell it's red paint. I sure hope that gold chest is metal underneath.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    It isn't. Diecast is extremely limited to his crotch, dinoclaws, and shoulder joints. there may be a few other bits indiscriminately tossed in here and there, but nothing major like his chest or anything. It's a disappointment to be sure.

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Fortunately, he has an apron with a bow tie on it. You'll never need another accessory again.

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

The non-bootleg MP Screamer is fragile enough. I shudder to think of the graham-cracker fragility of a bootlegged one.

9. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    *sigh* I already know I'll be picking this up off the shelf at Toys R Us when I see it...don't want to, but will...it's inevitable...

...and LMAO @ 1:1 scale Unicron for $150

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Really? My MP Megatron shudders and threatens to crack into brittle plastic shards at the merest suggestion of human contact. I wish I had your MP Megatron. :) 

While I agree that $150 is pricey for any adult collectible, there are certainly things that fall into that price range that deserve to be there. $150 doesn't really go that far when you think about it.

In my case, thanks to a group buy, my MP Grimlock is only costing me $139 Canadian, tax and shipping included. Much easier to swallow, though I admit that deal just enabled me to cave in to temptation... I was planning on waiting for the likely cheaper US release, though the difference in price probably won't be that significant after factoring the varied expenses and hassles of obtaining it locally. Plus, I'm looking forward to having it at the end of the month. Wheee. :) 

But seriously... I'm an avowed cheapskate, but I think you're being a bit ridiculous in your expectations.

zmog

11. GreenScream

GreenScream Neo G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Man check out those Dino chompers.

I bet the US release will either round the teeth or come with Dino dentures to meet the toy safety regulations.

12. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Thank God you're not a Macross fan then.

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Roffle-maow.

People who complain about MP Grimm's price haven't strayed much into the other offerings of Japanese collectibles available on the market. Even at an inflated price, Takara's offerings are cheap compared to the other stuff that's out there.

Grimmy's price is a drop in the bucket compared to anything from Beagle, CM's, Yamato, Max Factory, or Aoshima, just to name a few.

14. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    Man, I'm not trying to wait for Hasbruh to (possibly) release this. F*ck a recession. I'm gonna wait about three weeks after you all get yours. And if nobody is complaining about defects or anything else, the order will be placed. and i will smoke a phattie of the stickiest as i open the box.

This thing looks to be the truthiest G1 representation made into a toy...in both robot and alt form, a bona fide Masterpiece.

15. pcsguy88

I have a Yamato YF-19, but I was smart enough to buy a clear Binaltech Mirage to trade for it. If I'm paying $150, it better have some metal and withstand some handling. I just saw the new Bandai's over at Toyark this weekend and must say the $150 might be better spent on it. Is it a VF-25? I dunno, I just watched the original Robotech as a wee one in the 80's. 50ft human aliens and protoculture just is not my thing. To advance my blasphemy further, I own 3 Toynami VF-1's and really like them. :dunce 

16. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Best plan ever. /salute.

17. pcsguy88

I think your post just cost me $200. $150 for Grimlock and $50 for the party favors.

18. DazzalingFury

DazzalingFury The COLLECTOR of Stuff

I really like this, the features for Grimlock are pretty outstanding, and I just love the detail that reminds us all of one of our favorite characters from G1 :D  Can't wait for it to hit a store near me ;) 

19. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Yup, well put dude! :thumb  Yeah and lawl on the price "issue"! :lol  Oh boy- i paid more than USD $200 for the Yamato Roy-Focker Skull Leader 1/60th super strike parts set alone. :lol  Insane much?! :cry  Yeah and also, Id say its more about personal choice, monetary avalibility (like duh); and finally moral- self control-lawl. You either got all three or you dont! Simple, no?!! :D  ;) 

20. gilermo

gilermo Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine from Ebay, should be here in 7 days :D .
    can't wait to put him next to the rest of the MP series.