More movie rumors (robot characters, alt modes etc.)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Nevermore, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Cool. I can't complain. They've got the most recognizable goodies & baddies in there.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I feel horrified.

4. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    -I just don't see BB as a Camaro. It's a good alt.mode but ....I don't know. Maybe it will be good. I better shut up.
    -DEcepticon Vortex: is that the same from the Combaticons? A combiner already?
    -Devastator as a tank? I have the feeling that this is a new bot. I hope it's a new bot.
    -The Matrix = Energon Cube? :lol  :lol  :lol 

5. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

Why oh why!?!?!?

6. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Hmm. Hope this stuff isn't true.

Phazer

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    See, I think a lot of these choices were based on two things -

1. Easily recognizable vehicle and robot modes, and
    2. Who outsiders will acknowledge from nostalgia.

I mean, approach this from OUTSIDE the Transformers fandom entirely. Let's say that you were going to make a live-action movie about, I dunno...Evangelion, or Robotech, both of which had a pretty big main cast and a larger supporting cast. What primary characters do most people remember from that movie? Who of the support cast isn't necessary or worth writing into a film script? Who do the fans JUST LOVE, even if they haven't seen the show for a long-ass time?

I think the decisions they made were okay. I don't think they're GREAT decisions - I still hope we'll see a combiner in the film series at some point, and I was really hoping it'd be Devastator - but I'm not going to go all fanboy whine whine crycry on their decisions.

8. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

Not liking the answers, but that's a personal opinion (other than "energon cube" which is quite rediculous no matter how you look at it.) I would have used more iconic characters for the Con's, but that's just me.

9. Nevermore

News Credits:
    A lot of people still seem to be under the impression that the Transformers will be the main characters of the movie.

The Transformers will be like the aliens in ID4 or War of the Worlds.

10. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

I'm thinking nostalgia filled outsiders will despise Devastator as a tank, myself.

Phazer

11. Crimson87

Crimson87 Senior Member

well at least they got the autobots right. but well.....

sigh.....

I could care less about brawl or vortex, or even scorpinok since they are minor characters and have correct transformations.

I just don't like the deveastator idea cause it ruins constructicon chances for later. Couldn't they have just made another random minion?

I also wish they would revitalize the seeker trio with this movie. I want skywarp, and thundercracker in it!

Finally, "the energon cube"? to replace the matrix? Sounds like a freaked out drink I'd order at a bar.
    No, "The Matrix" was good enough. I just think they are having trademark issues. The community could come up with a better replacement name than that!

TILL ALL ARE ONE........

12. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Liking the most choices, except for Brawl, Devestator and the 'Energon Cube'. Those are just...Ugh...

13. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    why the hell would bumblebee be a camaro? That is the most horrible idea ever he is a VW Beetle. I mean it has been a pretty popular car for years. (not one of my favorites) But he should definitely be a beetle.

14. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Okay...

I'm trying to maintain an "let them just make the movie and it will be what it will be" attitude, but that info/rumor about Soundwave is bugging the livin' sh*t outta me.

15. Nevermore

News Credits:
    Apparently, the movie execs think that Jimbob McMoviegoer will believe the TF movie to be a Herbie rip-off if it features a VW Beetle.

16. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's the impression I've gotten too. It makes you wonder why they made such a big deal about voice actors.

I think its pretty lame that they used Devastator already. I mean come on, Bonecrusher was a part of G1 Devastator. And why do we need another tank? Couldn't they come up with something else? :rolleyes2 

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Convince VW of that and MAYBE you might see it. As it stands VW wants nothing to do with Transformers so you're S.O.L.

To be honest as long as the fight scenes, CGI and voices are great I won't care.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Way I see it, it's not all that different to how the current lines pick from a pool of existing names for new or vaguely new characters, so if this is true I've no problems with it.

Only thing that bugs me, they say Prime is a Semi, but in the recent Bay interview, he confirmed Prime would be a Mac Truck. Perhaps this list is a prospective, pre-final list that still might change? After all, we're a ways from the premiere yet.

19. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Wow, lotta interesting stuff there. I like a lot of it, but some of this stuff just isn't clicking with me. Devastator as an individual character, not a gestalt doesn't sit right with me. I know it's not G1, but I like the gestalt names being reserved for gestalts, especially since one of G1 Devy's limbs is also in the movie.

Bumblebee as a Camaro? Um... okay. I can probably live with it, provided his personality is still Bumblebee-ish. I don't want to see Hot Shot racing around with Bumblebee's name.

I'm hoping there are at least one or two more Autobots, as their side is looking pretty thin from here.

The Matrix being called the Energon Cube? Okay, that's just plain f'ing stupid. I don't care if it shares it's name with an overrated movie trilogy staring Keanu Reeves, it's still the freaking Matrix. And Energon Cubes are already established objects, to boot. This is like if they made the Superman movie and renamed Kryptonite as "Braniac". :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: 

20. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    nothing to complain about there except for renaming the Matrix, that's just stupid beyond stupid.
    Edit: sounds like that may have been addressed allready. "The Energon Cube might already have been changed to a more fitting name. "

i'm trying hard to have NO expectations about the characters/vehicle modes ~ it's not G1, it's a new world based on it just like AEC...

any idea what this means? "Soundwave (bastard version - a.k.a Kennywave)"