More miniseries please

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Arsenic, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though I enjoyed reading Robots in Disguise #6, it would better if it was released as another miniseries, such as "Transformers: Syndromica".

I have heard that miniseries aren't sold as much as main series does, but I think writing side-stories as miniseries is not bad idea. Heck, we already have the materials! Orion Pax tired of walk away(read the last page of RID #6), Thundercracker (presumably) left on Earth, Spike on runaway, Verity posessing Aquitas data chip, and so on.

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    I would think IDW doesn't have the resources now to have miniseries, I'd think oneshots such as the old Spotlight issues could be useful. They don't have to fit a certain schedule, and they could easily assign artists since it doesn't have to be a 4-6 issue run.

3. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I would rather see mini series. It could give us expansions on other series that are not g1,

4. Sockie

Sockie News Staff

News Credits:
    IDW's not doing anymore minis. They don't sell very well, and that's part of the reason why they're doing two ongoings instead of just one.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I think mini-series give people too much of an easy cut-off point to drop a comic whereas an ongoing doesn't (so much). And some people resent extra issues besides the main one, and also it confuses people as to if it's in continuity and stuff. Better to throw resources behind a single ongoing title. Or two ongoing titles. And Regeneration. But I think you know what I'm trying to say. :p