More Masterpiece Starscream design pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is the first new figure in the past 3 years that I've been collecting that I would be willing to pay $100 plus for. I hope that the head is able to be turned so you can't see it in jet mode- like how some Alts are packaged head facing down, but one can easily turn the head around to hide it.

-Tony!

2. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

Now that is amazing, the cockpit detail is truly awsome! Oh and is that his head poking out the bottom ofthe jet?

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I've already asked that same question. I hope its not, but it sure looks like it.

4. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Its his head - according to the previous control art we've seen, what we can see there is the back of his head (you can tell by the circular detail in the middle), with his face facing upwards into the plane's body, so you can't see his face, but you can see his head there. Basically the head is rotated around.

Amusingly, that's the same general area where Kawamori's VF-1 valks store their heads, too.

5. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    You know, in the Robot Masters mini-show, there was one scene where Starscream had like a gerwalk mode, but the RM figure couldn't do the pose. I wonder if, this being designed by Kawamori, this version will, that would be a nice fanwank to the Macross fans in the TF community.

6. Armada_MK

Armada_MK BEAST EM BEAST EM DRAGON!!!

News Credits:
    I'm getting more excited the more they tease with these's pics, I cant wait to see figure's in the flesh, starts to drool:D 

7. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I REALLY wanna know if there's a Hasbro western release in the cards for this. Makes sense there would be, but it would be nice to know for sure, so opportunities aren't missed waiting for the truth.

8. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I think that is his head we see down there. I don't really mind. The Macross planes have robot heads down there. It's hidden well enough, and I guess I'll just pretend it's not there. By all means, the toy looks so cool, I'm going to forgive an exposed back-of-the-head. Besides, we're jumping to conclusions here. It could be anything at this point.

As for the removable nose cone, I don't think it'll be a vital part of the transformation. The Macross planes have removeable nose cones, and it's there purely for your amusement. You never have to take it off if you don't want to.

Next observation: it looks like his jet intakes have hinges, so that in the plane mode the intakes face forward, and in bot mode the jet intakes sort of bend forward a few degrees to simulate the show's look where the intake is "flat" in the front and bent in the back.

Another observation: it looks like he folds his arms inwards, and his arms become the plane underbelly. While this sacrifices the flat F-15 bottom, it's agian a sacrifice I'm glad to live with. One COOL thing this seems to do is (LOOK CLOSELY) there's some kind of hinge from the "shoulder" to under the wing and laser gun. It looks like you can place the gun from the wing to his upper arm without any part removal needed! How cool is THAT!

Next observation/question. I have ALWAYS disliked the fact that Starscream's toy never had a real head. I can't think, in my mind, how you'd end up with a plane cockpit for a chest, get rid of the nosecone, and have a head at the top of it without a cone on the back. Hopefully the toymakers have a solution.

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Oh oops. I forgot to make my last point/question. Um...how did this Kawamori rumor start? I hate to rain on people's parade, but I don't remember seeing a single news article saying he's working on this jet. Best as I recall, people saw how cool this toy was and made comparison to the Macross 1/48 toys, and before you know it, I was seeing Kawamori's name all over.

Do we know, for a fact, that Kawamori is involved with this?

10. Subria

Subria Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Amenbo website mentions his name in conjunction with this...

11. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

There Must be. I doubt Takara before the 'merger' or Tomy after the merger would fund it by themselves.

Even if that was the case, Hasbro are unlikely to let this one slip by.

12. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Plus the teaser images were packed in with the Kawamori designed THS-02.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:

Its on the amenbo site. So its not a rumor its FACT.

And the nosecone does not look removable to me, there is a hinge on the side, it merely opens like the real randome on an F-15 opens to showcase the APG-63 radar, as others have noted.

14. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Stop thinking for yourself! Jump on the bandwagon NOW!

In truth, i'm not too bothered either, will buy it tho.

15. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Never saw what hit 'em!

I hope it'll make it's way to Québec, Canada

16. Juchechosun

Juchechosun Chosunimmingun Jangkun

Japanese Transformers sketches always look better than the actual toys. I certainly hope this toy lives up to the hype.

17. Juchechosun

Juchechosun Chosunimmingun Jangkun

18. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Incredible! Can't wait to get one. Looks like even more detail on him than Convoy.

19. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
  20. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

I agree that it might be nice if Starscreams face had his little cynical smirk.