More Information On Power Core Combiners In 2010 TF Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Feb 13, 2010.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yet none of the legends figures used automorph to transform either into a arm or leg depending on where you connect it, they're just itsy bitsy molds of plastic with flawed robot, limb and vehicle mode.

There's really no way of adding a robot mode without turning the limbs into either a flawed mess or being a simpler than G1 limbs and lame little robot, this isn't really a case of BLAH HASBRO ENGINEERS SUX as much as it is fans thinking that Alternity level engineering can be used on legends sized toys (p.s. they cant, they have to make a choice of either having no robot modes or abandoning the very feature they wanted to show us with this line)

2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Yes. $30. Powercore Combiners five-packs are $20 and include a Scout sized figure. Take away $10 worth of features from Devastator and what do you get?

Remember that a price point is important too, not just the amount of effort that goes into making a toy. If something ambitious such as a combiner has to be sold for the price of a Voyager then somethings got to give. I'm not saying they wouldn't be able to give each limb a robot mode too but doing so would bump the price point up.

I wouldn't be surprised if the limbs were RPM style vehicles (but without the robot underneath) that has simple transformation to become a limb. I think it would be kinda cool if you could buy individual limbs like RPMs are sold now to customise your combiner the way you want.

3. Sye909

Sye909 Well-Known Member

Im none too disappointed about the 5-pack power core combiner sets. the limbs may not transform, but the core robot does, in fact the core robot has *TWO* robot modes. that excites me. Punch/Counter-Punch anyone : 3 ?

The way i see it, the other vehicles are like armor pieces, think... Machine Robo Rescue ? Or.... Energon Prime ? I'm excited to see them switch things up like this, don't hate on hasbro for experimenting !

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think the second robot mode might just be the combined mode.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Agreed, second robot mode probably gonna be just a MC Hammer dance pose for combining like the G1 guys.

6. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Seems a number of folks here need to familiarise themselves with the term "you get what you pay for".

PCC's sound great to me, they sound like fun, cheap toys with lots of play value that will urge kids to buy more of them, exactly what the market needs at this time.

7. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    good we can finally see what these badboys look like. man i love combiners!

8. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd pay more if that means better toys, buddy, and so would tons of other people - it'll show on how many people will pre-order the custom Energon limbs now. I waited for the PCC toy before making my decision but Hasbro made this quite easy for me.

Who cares about automorph? We could have lived without that. Plus have you looked at the pics of Bruticus yet? Those claws on his hands work the same as arms. There will be no "two-type" automorph there.

And sorry, but the Legends Devastator robot modes (save Rampage who is indeed flawed) are very articulated and a great representation of their Deluxe or Voyager sized counterparts.

It always surprises me how some of you people can lower your standards just to be able to continue collecting the new toys. It's not just toys - lots people lowered their standards for the ROTF movie as well, even compared to the previous movie.

A Transformers Gestalt/Combiner is, by definition, the sum of individual separate transformers. Not a transformer AND some non-transforming vehicles. With that much effort, you could call Powermaster Optimus or Omega Supreme a Combiner.

Before anyone misinterprets me - I have no problem with the actual PCC Scouts. From what I have seen so far, they look really good. If the 5-pack scouts look well, I might even buy them separately. But they are not gestalts or combiners. If you call them gestalts, then call the Power Ranger toys gestalts too, they are the same category.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hope to find out more once Toyfair gets rolling. Untill then, I have no opinion on this matter. Furthermore...

. I will not make assumptions on toy design based on no real information
    . I will not review unreleased toys based on no real information
    . I will neither freak out nor go nuts based on no real information.
    . I will not espouse on the state of the industry based on no real information.
    . I might do some thinly-veiled fandom-bashing based on no real info though. ;) 

10. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd be inclined to agree, but this is official information from Hasbro, sadly. I'd be the happiest person if this turned out to be false, but how often has that happened in the past?

Also, Philister (our only source who has seen the combiners) never saw the limbs transformed in the flesh or on the packaging, he just said he remembers they are supposed to have robot modes. It's a pretty vague guess opposed to an official release from Hasbro. The conclusion can be deduced by logic, sadly.

11. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    I think you misunderstood, it's nothing to do with how much your willing to pay for something but rather scaling expectations to the given price tag.
    Simply put, if I pay £100 for a figure I expect a masterpiece and would except few flaws, if I'm paying £10 for a figure I expect a toy and all the cut corners and slight disappointments that come with it.

12. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    if they have stunticons i will poop myself no doubt:dunce . so the two packs combine with the five packs huh? super huffer!

13. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    i see energon kitbashes coming from this line

14. masterofmonkeys

masterofmonkeys Member

I'm reserving judgment on the 5-packs until we actually see them. Provided there is a substantial difference in these legends-class thingies between limb and vehicle, I could probably live with it.

But I'm pretty much crapping myself with excitement of the 2-packs. 4-mode minicons? Targetmasters? Me=happy monkey.

Like someone else said earlier, headmasters would be super cool. Maybe individually sold to beef up your own custom gestalts?

15. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    It did seem a bit suspect when Philister said he never saw the Aerialbots in robot mode but "could tell from the package that they had them". What on the package would have indicated that without SHOWING them?

Well, regardless of what the case is, they still sound sufficiently interesting for $20. I'll never fathom how people can place such a high premium on combiners having individual robot modes when the vast, VAST majority of those modes are shit you barely play with.

16. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Fuck yes, automorph. Give it. Now.

17. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    It always surprises me how some people can lower their standards to imply that G1-level engineering is acceptable for today, which is what everyone who says "THEY PULLED IT OFF IN THE EIGHTIES WHY CAN'T THEY DO IT NOW?" is doing.

18. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huzzah for the Return of Activators.

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Aww, not bot mode for the little PCC's? That's pissed on my cornflakes slightly, but along with the WFC figs, these are still on my most wanted list. By the sounds of it, they have automorphing at least, which could be cool.

20. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I understand your point of view - for me, however, a transformer that doesn't transforms (the limbs in this case) is not really a transformer at all. (I'm willing to overlook this for Action masters because they are 'history' by now, and for Robot Heroes because they are so cute, but not for a gestalt).

I'm one of those few people who does play with them, and I even prefer to display the combiners in robot mode as opposed to combined mode. The Energon gestalt limbs were a prime example of this - as unimpressing as the gestalts were, the individual robots all had very good looking robot and vehicle modes.

By the way, anyone knows how many new 2-Packs and 5-Packs will be in the first wave of PCC? For two-packs, we know of 3 toys so far and 2 5-packs.