More Information On Power Core Combiners In 2010 TF Press Release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Automorphing Power Core Combiners And More In Transformers 2010 Press Release - Transformers News

TRANSFORMERS ACTION FIGURES
    (Approximate retail price: DELUXE Scale $12.99; VOYAGER Scale $19.99; Leader Scale $44.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Spring 2010)
    For more than 25 years, TRANSFORMERS action figures have been known as “ROBOTS IN DISGUISE,” providing fans with the enjoyment of converting incredibly detailed, realistically styled vehicles into awesome battling alien robots. In 2010, Hasbro is offering a wide variety of all-new versions of fan-favorite characters, including OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, MEGATRON and STARSCREAM in an array of scales: DELUXE, VOYAGER (larger scale), and LEADER (largest scale and includes lights and sounds).

TRANSFORMERS BATTLE OPS BUMBLEBEE Action Figure
    (Approximate retail price: $59.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2010)
    The all-new BATTLE OPS BUMBLEBEE action figure is ready for battle! This large-scale figure truly shows fans the AUTOBOT hero’s personality, both as a protector of Earth and a warrior against the evil DECEPTICONS. With two distinct modes – Battle and Guardian – BATTLE OPS BUMBLEBEE features a variety of electronic sounds and lights, accompanied by a converting plasma cannon.

TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS
    The TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS introduce fans to an all-new assortment of figures that expand on the classic play pattern of the popular “ROBOTS IN DISGUISE.” This new expression of figures combine with one another, in dozens of variations, to create a wide variety of larger COMBINER robots, with each figure serving as various body parts and weapons. Available in 2-packs and 5-packs.

• TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 2-Pack
    (Approximate retail price: $9.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2010)
    The TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 2-Pack includes one SCOUT scale TRANSFORMERS figure and one MINI-CON scale figure. The SCOUT scale figure features a ‘robot’ mode and a ‘vehicle’ mode. The MINI-CON scale figure has four modes: ‘robot’ mode, robot weapon, vehicle weapon and Power-up Armor for combining with the central SCOUT scale figure in both robot and vehicle mode. 2-Pack figures are interchangeable with 5-Pack figures.

• TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 5-Pack
    (Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2010)
    The TRANSFORMERS POWER CORE COMBINERS 5-Pack features teams of TRANSFORMERS characters that can combine together to form one large TRANSFORMERS figure. Each team consists of one SCOUT scale figure and four LEGENDS scale vehicles. The SCOUT scale figure features one ‘vehicle’ mode and two ‘robot’ modes and each of the LEGENDS scale vehicles can plug into the specially marked ports on the central SCOUT scale figure to instantaneously convert into an arm or leg using auto-conversion technology. All figures can be swapped out with one another to form multiple different combinations and new figures. 5-Pack figures are interchangeable with 2-Pack figures.

TRANSFORMERS ACTIVATORS
    (Approximate retail price: $7.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Spring 2010)
    TRANSFORMERS ACTIVATORS toys, a new expression within the TRANSFOMERS toy line, feature conversion from vehicle to robot modes that’s easier than traditional TRANSFORMERS figures. Designed with the younger child in mind, conversion is triggered by pressing the AUTOBOT or DECEPTICON shield located on the figure and require only a few steps to fully change modes. TRANSFORMERS ACTIVATORS figures feature popular characters including BUMBLEBEE, OPTIMUS PRIME and MEGATRON.

TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME CYBER SWORD
    (Approximate retail price: $19.99; Ages 4 & up; Available: Fall 2010)
    The TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME CYBER SWORD allows kids to role play just like the fearless leader of the AUTOBOTS and reenact their favorite battle scenes. Kids will enjoy its electronic lights, battle and conversion sounds, as well as key movie phrases.

ACTION FLEET TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE BATTLE TRACK Set
    (Ages 4 & Up; Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Available: Fall 2010)
    Created specifically for the ACTION FLEET TRANSFORMERS line of mini-vehicles, kids can join the adventure and help BUMBLEBEE and OPTIMUS PRIME defeat the evil MEGATRON by racing to victory with the new ACTION FLEET TRANSFORMERS BATTLE TRACK set. The glory of winning depends on your skill; launch the BUMBLEBEE mini-vehicle, exclusive to this track set, at the correct time and send it crashing into MEGATRON who will crumble in defeat. Introduced in 2009, TRANSFORMERS mini-vehicles feature the robot version of characters unique to the TRANSFORMERS universe on the underside of each non-converting vehicle for easy identification.

ACTION FLEET TRANSFORMERS STEALTH FORCE OPTIMUS PRIME Vehicle
    (Ages 4 & Up; Approximate Retail Price: $24.99; Available: Fall 2010)
    Featuring electronic lights and sounds, motorized conversions and firing projectiles, kids can “bring to life” the epic TRANSFORMERS battle with this new vehicle from the ACTION FLEET TRANSFORMERS line. For covert combat, watch as select parts of this OPTIMUS PRIME semi-truck vehicle convert with the touch of a button to reveal stealth mode weaponry hidden inside to battle the evil DECEPTICONS like no other vehicle available.

About HASBRO
    Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children’s and family leisure time products and services with a rich portfolio of brands and entertainment properties that provides some of the highest quality and most recognizable play and recreational experiences in the world. As a brand-driven, consumer-focused global company, Hasbro brings to market a range of toys, games and licensed products, from traditional to high-tech and digital, under such powerful brand names as TRANSFORMERS, PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, CRANIUM and WIZARDS OF THE COAST. Come see how we inspire play through our brands at http://www.hasbro.com <http://www.hasbro.com/> . © 2010 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    oh hey, activators are coming back.

3. mainframe

mainframe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    wow it looks like that the power combiners are going to be pretty cheap and small so they will be good to display

4. Dr Wheeljack

Dr Wheeljack 3DS

Yes Combiners.

5. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    auto converting ledgends limbs!?!

6. RodimusPrimus

RodimusPrimus Transform!! Combine!!

Wow, forgot Toy Fair was this weekend lol

Definitely keeping an eye on what's up for this year and beyond.

7. Sentinel Pax

Sentinel Pax Well-Known Member

From the sound of it, the combiner limbs won't have individual robot modes. I may just be reading this wrong, but that's what I picked up. Hopefully that isn't the case, since can't see what's so hard about making true combiners (especially at such a small scale).

8. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, it looks like the legends in the 5 pack don't have individual robot modes. That kinda sucks. Well, the two packs still sound pretty cool.

EDIT: Beaten to it, oops.

9. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It mentions that the PCC 5 pack the scout figure has robot and veh modes but only mentions veh modes for the legends size ones. I hope that doesn't mean that the legends can't transform and only have veh mode and appendage mode like ROTF Supreme Dev. That would suck.

10. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    Some interesting sounding stuff in there. I'll very much be looking forward to seeing images of some of these!

11. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Curious use of the word "expression".

12. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    They'd better be that cheap up here, too.

13. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Hope we get some good pictures from toyfair (or some better leaks soon), but so far from the little I have seen, I have a good feeling that the second half of 2010 is going to be light on my wallet..............hopefully.

14. Triceradon

Triceradon In it for the rage

Toyfair's Sunday, right?

The possibility of the "legends" limbs being sans robot mode is making me very, very worried.

15. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

sounds like a big pile of fail!

16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's what I got out of it.

Yeah I think the limbs have individual robot modes, just different vehicle modes and can automorph into limbs once snapped onto the scout leader. This might be fun, but it's disappointing to see that the limbs lack individual robot modes.

Man it seems like every gestalt component that Hasbro makes is compromised in some way.

17. RedHeadKevin

RedHeadKevin Well-Known Member

I'm 31 years old. I have no kids. I'm not married. And this sounds pretty frickin' cool.

18. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    No transforming limbs makes Beastbot a mildly sad panda. It's still KINDA cool since I like combiners, but not "OMG AWESOME!" like I thought before.

19. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    shame the limbs dont seem to have bot modes...

20. monsterikan

monsterikan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so this is not in the Leader Class category then. nais