More information from Shout about the TF G1 DVD release

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Soundwave84, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I did some looking around and found out that shout has their own message board which may explain some of the things we have been wondering about the guy who is in charge of putting the DVD's together has posted on their here is the link:
    Shout! Factory Community - The Definitive Transformers Thread

edit: also shout will be at BOTCON

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    It's really cool that they're doing this sort of Q&A. I was about to post a new thread about it. The embossed packaging sounds really nice. Probably the most interesting bit of information in the initial post was this:

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I still don't really see a clear answer on whether or not all the seasons after the first will get their own individual releases. Hopefully that info gets cleared up soon.

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    ^LemonPrime that is quite a find.

These shout factory guys are going to get major fan praise if that's the case.

I'm teary eyed. I just read the full post and its heartwarming to see some work being done to make these great old cartoons come alive better than ever.

Granted their only on season 1 right now. When they do season three "Carnage in C-minor" might require so much error correction they'll just have to throw it out. :lol 

The question is whether to pick up each volume individually or pick up the whole box set they plan to do.

5. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

I was reading their wiki, the company looks like a who's who of Rhino. The news sounds good, but I'm skeptical.

Although this does sound like they're really taking fan criticism to heart, maybe we will get a decent release, but I was really hoping for the Sony release.

6. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

well i think this has tilted the scales for me and i will be picking up this release of dvds as well.

7. drill

drill Gotham's White Knight

News Credits:
    Down the page there is a quote that leads me to believe it will be separate seasons:

"While I love Peter Jackson, we will not be pulling a Lord of the Rings with these DVDs. The complete series sets will have everything that the season sets will have and more."

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It definitely sounds like they've taken on board all the criticisms levelled at earlier releases; I do already own G1 on DVD twice, but if the eventual reviews of this edition turn out to make it sound as good as they're claiming, I might be tempted to pic it up again. Either way it's good that G1 is getting a rerelease.

9. Mega-con

Mega-con Autocon

Ebay:
    Well, this made my Transformers' pants go crazy.

10. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

this sounds great. I guess if I want the ultimate treatment, I should wait for the box set.

11. Scottimus

Scottimus That's what she said

they're gonna look better than before... awesome.

they get a taco :hookday 

12. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    I want them to re-animate the whole thing.

13. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

In that thread they actually stated the complete series will be available before all of the individual season sets will be. So people saying they will "just wait" until they can buy the entire series, aren't technically correct. They won't have to wait as long to get the entire series set.

Everything I'm reading there makes it sound like this will be pretty special. I've already got the Rhino releases, but the animation fixes they're talking about sound good, and all the extras make it sound spectacular. I'm probably gonna have to pick up the complete series set.

14. Soundwave84

Soundwave84 Banned

News Credits:
    I am def won over about all of this

15. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Kudos to those guys for giving the series some real attention. Trying to clean up mistakes and fix errors, even if the material isn't perfect, is pretty admirable. I'll support any company that makes the kind of effort these guys are doing. Mark me down for one complete series boxset.

16. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    That pretty much sums it up.

But I still don't know why Season 1 is up for preorder. Shouldn't it be the whole series? Or maybe he doesn't understand, and that when we say "whole series", we mean all the seasons. And that he is saying "volumes" are individual sets within the season, sold separately?

Ehh...I just confused myself, I think.

17. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow...I think I might be these after all, just for the sake of nostalgia. That's nice they seem to be getting first class treatment. I don't own any of G1 on DVD (well, unless you count the DVD that came with 25th Anniversary Prime) but I've seen the criticism leveled at previous releases so I haven't even bothered pondering a purchase of them. This new set has me leaning toward yes though.

18. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    My hats off to them thus far. I'm really excited that they're taking the time to get it to the best quality they can and that they chucked a lot of the rhino junk that pissed me off so much. I HATED the added effects that were so unnecessary and ruined my enjoyment of the show.
    For bonus stuff, I really don't care a whole lot about interviews and such, they can be cool to watch but I often forget about extras. Like lastnight was the first time I watched any of the extras from the 20th AV release by Sony on TFtM.

19. Turcicus

Turcicus Well-Known Member

I think you're overcomplicating it a bit. I read his comment as being that Season 1 will be out first, the complete series boxset soon thereafter, then they'll subsequently release the additional seasons as stand alones - no breaking seasons into volumes. And it sounds like they have a good reason for releasing the complete series before the rest of the seasons - the boxset will include things that only serious fans will be interested in (and that only serious fans will be willing to pay a premium for :drool: ).

20. mainframe

mainframe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    that sounds good