More Info On Upcoming Rescue Bots Academy Animated Series

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:03 AM.

1. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Ok but if the next show is rumoured to be a reboot from the 4chan leaks (uhhhghghghg probably fake though but lets play pretend for now) it might be an all new cast of Rescue bots and not a sequel?

• Like Like x 3
  2. myrrh

myrrh Well-Known Member

...it's getting a new title, rescue bots academy, and the complete change in production staff may portend it being more of a successor series than a direct continuation: i'll give it a fair shot and won't cast judgement until it's at least six episodes deep to find its own footing...

3. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Autobot Warrior

Its probably a sequel. 4Chan is fake and Rescue Bots sets up pretty well for a sequel of the Bots teaching new recruits.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whatever the outcome,GET RID OF ALL THE HUMANS!!!That's actually why I don't watch it.I will if that's fixed though.

5. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Autobot Warrior

I love the humans. They help flesh out the Pot's characters and the human villains are great.

• Like Like x 9
  6. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

It's not conditioning. It's better to have all of the support and representation possible, then err on the side of that representation being corrupt.

This is like saying it isn't necessary for all companies to have an HR department because harrassment isn't always going to happen. Absolutely ridiculous.

While I agree companies work to protect themselves from situations that aren't good PR, or that would hurt their market, those moves are always in their best interests, and not the employees. Worker rights have been on the decline for decades.

Positive this post will get deleted, but eh.

• Like Like x 10
  7. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about David Kaye?

jD001

• Like Like x 3
  8. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Nice! This show sounds like an awesome idea for a continuation show!

Not so sure on the non-union casting, but as long as they go above and beyond to support their employees and hires, I have no qualms about it. If they screw them over, then I have a big issue with it and will want top heads to roll.

Non-union isn't a bad thing if and only if the employees are taken care of above and beyond what union level would have given them. Anything less, and union is better. Even so, a union doesn't deny them getting better treatment anyway.

But if this also opens up the voice casting more for other kinds of various voice cameos over the years. That'd be cool. Gives them more freedom for some transformers fan reviewer staples like Vangelus, or Emgo, or Botimus, if they wanted to kick a bit part or something their way for a one ep cameo. So that's kind of cool.

That's literally the only drawback from union stuff. That it potentially makes contracting out quick voice cameos to random youtube staples of the fandom more difficult and paperwork heavy. That's it. That's the only bad thing about unions in voice casting. Except for that one lone reason, unions are preferred to make sure workers are taken care of properly.

Sad to see the original voice cast go though. They will be missed with how they brought the characters to life.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017 at 12:44 PM
  9. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't forget Neil Kaplan.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The entire point of Rescue Bots is Autobots working with humans to respond to emergencies.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

Don\'t really like the fact that is being recast, but thanks to all the actors who are leaving and good luck to the new cast. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How could I? He's voicing Zarkon right now. :lol 

BoT: I haven't been watching Rescue Bots (trying to catch up with tons of shows) but I'm interested in seeing how they write this series. Maybe it takes place on Earth in Metroplex.

jD001

13. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Big Green Dead?

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Hopefully this means we get someone from TeamFourStar in this.

14. Tforce

Tforce Active Member

More rock-bottom budget planning by Hasbro. Don't most of us wish they put in just a bit more effort with the original cartoon? Also, it reminds me a little of the time when kid fan mail was gushing into Peter Cullen with regard to his primary G1 character, but Hasbro showed him non of it. He was later surprised to find out his character was so popular with kids. I've always thought of Hasbro as a scuzzy company since then, but frankly that is corporate culture generally. I've no interest in what this company produces anymore generally.

15. Tforce

Tforce Active Member

They only view their IP from its ability to make money. They also do not think that it requires overall quality to siphon money via toys meant for kids, and historically that seems to be the case - although foolishly they overlook that it was in fact some aspect of (design, concept) quality that made these characters/this franchise so appealing originally. I am very sympathetic with you on this issue however.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:

Where did you hear that?

17. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbro has used non-union NY actors to do voice work for their toys and commercials for years now, including Rescue Bots line, I wouldn't be so quick to jump the gun on what tidbits Douglas found out, specially since he's been oddly hasty on statements about his show's cancellation before.

18. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

Yeah, non-union is a huge negative for me. Corporations do not look out for worker's rights on their own.

And do they really not understand that these voices are associated with these characters? Sometimes recasting is inevitable, but this clearly isn't one of those instances.

• Like Like x 8
  19. Tforce

Tforce Active Member

It's fairly old news and mentioned on his wiki and other places, including Peter Cullen

I think it's from old interviews so unfortunately I can't find the original source, which admittedly is troubling.

20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Whoever's going to be Optimus has a lot to live up to, so good luck.

But I hope the voices chosen are people I know/recognize and will be good choices.