More info from toy fair 2010 including mp grimlock, sdcc blaster and uni straxus!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by galvascream, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Correct, commanders can combine with minicons or drones, not each other.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    That's a slight disappointment, even though I was 99% sure that was the case. Ah well, it doesn't stop the PCCs from being awesome.

3. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Weeeeell, if you don't care for the drones, you could take them apart and glue the sockets back to back...

4. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rallybots and Destructicons are sick looking. Are there pics of robot and combined modes somewhere?

Hailstorm and Straxus are badass too

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Hehe. Nah, I actually think the Drones are a very interesting concept, especially with the automorphing gimmick.

6. Fort Max

News Credits:
    Nope, just that sneak preview of the second wave of 5 packs. :( 

Yeah, I like em too so I wouldn't do that myself but it'd be interesting to see it done. Problem then is the commander figures have no super mode hands or feet. :lol 

Thinking about it, a double sided socket bridge would be a very easy thing for a 3rd party to knock up.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  7. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

The thing that bugs me about these drones and their automorphing is that they look VERY limited. You'd think that not having a robot mode to worry about would make it EASY to transform these limb-bots into convincing looking articulated legs, and arms with hands. I mean how hard is that?

TOO hard evidently. The drones-as-limbs look about as awkward and mistransformed as the old Energon Combiner limbs at their worst. Hasbro gets no bonus points there for transforming a simple vehicle into a deformed monster limb. I hope the Destructicons and Rallybots manage it better. :thumbdown 

Thanks... didn't realized I'd missed all that. Suddenly the Power Core Combiner line seems that much more interesting! Sort of Mugenbine-esque, with each one having his own "bonus head" too. :) 

I actually HAVE the Oversized Grimlock... he's not very good, but passable. The Galvatron is awful... total garbage... as I said:
    The oversized Classics Tank Megatron is pretty solid and lacks none of the joints of the original figure. Also the slightly modified oversized Octane/Tankor (red & white version) is pretty good. As well, the oversized ROTF Scout Class figures as Voyager-size are really good quality.

Besides the ones I've already mentioned, I'd probably kill for some decent quality oversized Classics Seekers in a Voyager size. You hear me, Chinese KO makers... KILL. :ev: 

If Hasbro won't provide, then I'll happily take whatever else is available.

zmog

8. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    battle blades optimus looks great, except for the crappy way the swords are attached oh my......and hailstorm looks badass

9. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn - looks like I waited too long to re-engineer VGR OP's transformation - Hasbro beat me to a MUCH better version...

Maybe I can use this one to make mine even better?

10. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yes it was!!!! LOL. every single one of them, except that weak Elita-1, is bought on sight. Especially that new Sideswipe.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    man i can't wait to own straxus, bring us more of the comic leaders hasbro plz

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The Rallybots and Destructicons look like throwbacks to the old G1 Micromaster teams. After seeing robot mode pics I'll decide if I want or not. But so far I'm interested.

Straxus, of course, looks awesome. First time I'm seeing Hailstorm. Really liking him. Gonna repurpose him into IDW Grindcore. Perfect pairing with Straxus.

13. tfan123

tfan123 Well-Known Member

Want Elita-1. I could care less if she is a repaint, but a black Chromia? Sweet. Also want Hailstorm, that sweet new Sideswipe (although this might become movieverse Bluestreak), Insecticon, Blaster and that AWESOME Legends Long Haul!

14. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Elita-1 just does not work.

They've never been able to give a straight name or what it's going to be (recolor, remold, or new mold) and we end up with a black Chromia. Nicely done.

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    They did say they were going to post combination instructions for the bikes online. The combination is just a mess of weapons and wheels anyway. More of attack mode.

I'm happy with everything except the Activators. Very gravity bot/ fast action battler like. Unlike Animated which were more difficult sure, but they were the scouts for the line. We have seperate scouts in this line. So Suspect these new activators to be disappointing if you were into animated's fiddly activators.

check these videos out. Brilliant experience. I'm sold on power core combiners (see part 3). And excited for all the scouts, deluxes, voyagers, and leaders coming down the pipe. Even the repaints. Jet Blade has G1 darkwings approval.

YouTube - Collecticons's Channel

Reading some posts in this thread, these videos do shed a lot of light on questions not answered by pictures alone. enough speculation. Its right here.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  16. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am liking the Voyager Optimus very much, looks like a good down-scaled leader version.

I also have a liking to that Insecticon scout figure. Really BW-like, and that's always a good thing in my book.

17. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whats up with sideswipes arms and chest..looks like interiggator sideswipe with tit gun arm things?

and with voy. prime..at least the fallen will have someone to battle with that is closer to screen accurate than the already voy. prime

18. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Straxus will be mine, but the others are passes(not that some don't look good like BB Prime & SA Sideswipe). I wonder why Blaster dosen't come with Rewind also when Soundwave got 4 tapes.

19. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I hope he has a rifle like Buster OP. That would be great.

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hailstorm is boss.
    So is that new Sideswipe; the original is one of my favorite Deluxes, so it's hard to believe that they could make an even better one, but it looks like they did (though it could do with a better deco).
    Straxus is...interesting. He has potential to be cool, but I'd like to see better pics; right now he reminds me a lot of G2 Hero Megatron.
    I'm really happy that we're getting a new Voyager OP.
    Everything else is looking good (except Elita-1; can't say I like that toy).