More Images of TRU Exclusive Reissue Soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Staxeon

Staxeon Shaper of minds

Um, am I the only one who is completely pissed by this??

That's NOT Soundwave. Why did they give him a freaking boob job? Even the pics on the inside flap of the package show the single-deck, smoked plastic, flush door. Dual deck, that's Soundblaster.

Forget the dual-deck gimmick. I want my favorite Transformer ever done right! The dual deck sticking out like that, in the completely transparent plastic looks wrong and cheap. Why, after all the other reissues they've done, are they f'ing with Soundwave???

To quote the Toys R Us site product description...
    "An identical reproduction of the original toy, this TransFormers® Generation 1 Soundwave® toy from Hasbro®..."

IDENTICAL....of SOUNDWAVE.

2. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

I might be alittle soundwave crazy. Just was my favorite character. Really all I have is the entire alternators line, a tru reissue prime, g1 soundwaves, cybertron soundwave, 3 inch statue soundwaves, crap I'm gonna pick up 2 titanium soundwaves and I hate the figure, cassettes, blaster, then a few g1 dinobots. I have some other soundwaves too, I'm just trying to collect every soundwave figure from each line ever made. My entire TF collection is small compared to other people here.

Plus I just wanted to order two of these soundwaves, so one would be a good figure to transform and the other I'm keeping MISB. Shit I started off ordering 3 of every Alternator. One to keep MISB, one for robot mode, and one for vehicle mode.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Gotcha'. Nothing wrong with that. I think the voice and "coldness" of his personality made him a favorite of most people.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Compleatly understandable.

But from what I can remember, the Soundwave mold bit the dust and Soundblaster mold didn't. I think Takara re-made the Soundwave door and stuck it on the Soundblaster mold for their Soundwave reissue....Perhaps Hasbro didn't have access to the re-made Soundwave door? I dunno.

Anyway, I might be a bit pissed if I didn't still have my 1984 Soundwave in-tact (worn and aged, but in-tact). Seeing as how I still have mine, I see the mold change as a cool variation.

And man, it's just impossible to be pissed when they throw in two of the tape molds!

5. Alpha-trion

Alpha-trion Sentai Warrior

I had the Original Soundwave when I was a kid and I must say that this figure was one of the better ones when it came to articulation, which is why the Classics set is so popular. Sounwave had an uncanny distinctiveness to him and he still does. Can't wait to put him in the rest of my Classics Collection

Find your "ness!" :) 

6. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

I really don't like the new tapedeck at all.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I'm not completely sold on it myself.

But it's still my best shot at getting a Soundwave for a reasonable price.

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    I'm all over this.

Love the bigger tape door, love getting two cassettes with him.

Come on, TrU Canada, get this in!

P.S.: My original 80's TF Soundwave disintegrated years ago, I've since replaced him with a VERY similar Soundwave that doesn't seem to be a real TF. The colors and door are same as original, except that the door says "Cassette Man" and he has no Decepticon symbols.

Anyone know what this is? Is it a Diaclone, or were there later KO's of SW like this one?

No tapes, no box, but has all his weapons, door, and is in pretty much new/mint condition. My wife bought him for me from a garage sale for a buck.

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Nostalgia and toy accuracy aside, I prefer the two-tape door. His chest is too flat and uninteresting on the old toy. The larger door makes for a more barrel chested and bulky robot mode. Soundwave was supposed to be quite strong. The two-tape door version looks like he could bench a lot more cassettes.

Then again, I have an original and both the SW and SB reissues, so maybe I'm happy to see something unique. Makes me much more likely to get this.

10. devilsknight

devilsknight Banned

...TRU Canada

Has anybody tried to contact TRU Canada at all and find out if Soundwave is in their system yet ?

I'm curious to know...if not i'm willing to try and find out lol

If so how much would it go for here in Canada ? I can get one for $45.99 CDN before taxes, would that be a reasonable price ?!

devilsknight

11. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    Since TrU in the U.S. has him listed at $29.99, I'd guestimate he'll list at $39.99 cdn here in Canada, IF TrU Canada gets him.

12. Staxeon

Staxeon Shaper of minds

Ya know its just so all bitter sweet. Finally, a new Soundwave to replace the one lost to me. I don't have to settle with ebay loose joints that might not stand up, or a tape deck that might not open. But then they do the dual deck, which is neat to a degree, but not the real thing...know what I mean?

I was banned from buying one for myself by my gf, so if I get him for xmas I'll be insanely happy. Hurray for small victories I guess.

13. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I figure the Soundblaster mold might've been the easier/cheaper alternative for Hasbro, and offering it in Soundwave colors means collectors who already bought japanese releases of Soundwave and/or Soundblaster might buy this one anyway as a new variation (people have said as much on the boards) while the 'casual nostalgia' people probably wouldn't notice the difference. ("I musta forgot he could hold more than one tape. Oh well, he could in the cartoon, so it must've always been like that.")

One thing I think the toy could use, and I may try it when I get one, is some body-matching blue paint around the sides of the sticky-out tape door. The all-clear door with a little detailing on the front comes off a little cheesy to me (though filling it with tapes probably helps.)

14. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Well said, Feralstorm. They're releasing Soundblaster in show accurate colors.

15. McTullis

McTullis Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope to god that she's banning you because -she wants to buy it for you-....Nothing with tits would EVER come between me and a G1 Soundwave...reissue...double tape deck...blah blah whatever....NOTHING.

16. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Well to be fair, I don't think most TF fans on here ever need to worry about someone with t*ts getting in their way of... anything. Not real life ones anyway.

:) 

Come on now, no one get offended.

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And THEN the thread took an ugly turn, :lolol 

18. General Tekno

News Credits:
    TRU Canada's not getting him.

Sadly.

19. shinobi-wan

shinobi-wan Member

F Hasbro

I can't believe more people aren't outraged! This isn't a reissue Soundwave, this is a recolored Sound blaster. Bottom line. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Hasbro is incompetent. They could learn from Takara, but instead just sit back, let takara do all the work, then repackage a crappier version. How many of us say 'this is the last time i'm going to get burned by Hasbro'? I need to learn my lesson and only buy from Takara, I guess. You know, the statue of Liberty would look a lot cooler with a mohawk, it doesn't mean it should be done. The same thing goes for the extended tape deck. Do The missiles even shoot? I'm sure they don't. hasbro's like your dead-beat dad that your mom divorced when you were three. You keep that hoping that he won't let you down, but he always does. And i don't know what's more disappointing, the fact that we're really not getting a true soundwave or the embarrassing fact that i'm so passionately disappointed over a stupid toy.

20. General Tekno

News Credits:
    Uh...

As has already been established, Hasbro probably doesn't have access to the original Soundwave mold OR the remolded door Takara did for their reissue.