More Images of DOTM Skids and Mech Tech Weapon

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Jan 25, 2011.

1. soldierstar

soldierstar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that Peaugh's desk there in that first photo? MotherF#$%er! He beat us to the punch again!

2. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    I MAY pick him up due to his Alt mode. I like car coloring for the twins this time around a smidge better. Though, I wish some of the details were still in the headlights, though.

However, those feet are just.... awful. They are WAY too big. Really ruins the bot mode for me. I understand small feet suck too (see Sideways), as do wheel feet (see Sideswipe), but more so for funcntionality. These just look terrible.

Peaugh, have you figured a way to collapse them any more than the pictures show? Oh, and while I have your attention (maybe), is the MECH TECH gimmick ANY fun to play with, or are they a hassle/burden/balance issue?

3. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    I like it, its not a bad mold. Face still a bit goofy but he is a goofy character. :p  Thanks for the link!

4. jacobot

jacobot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok... Now the Ferrari and the Fire Truck please ;) 

5. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

I dont understand, IMO the first movie line figures were good, the ROTF figures were even better. Who in the heck designed this line. I PASS on the whole line for now

6. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    So far, I have to agree. I might change my mind when I see the Ferrari come out but I am pretty much passing on 98% of what I've seen so far. I'm afraid this movie might suck ass if this is a hint of it. We'll have to wait and see.

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Actually, it looks like the other pics have him properly transformed except for two parts. One, his heel spurs aren't folded out (yes, his actual feet are slightly LONGER! :lol ) and that black panel on his large right arm lifts up, flips over, and then folds back down to make his forearm green like his feet. You can kind of see the green on the inside of the panel. It's actually mistransformed in my mechtech pic as well. Whoops!

As for the feet, that joint that everyone kepps pointing out as proof that the feet fold up, they're halfway right. What you're seeing is the actual foot mode position. If you look at the pic from the side on ACtoys, that joint in the foot allows the toe piece to fold up and out, with the silver toe plugging in right above the wheel on the ankle. That black panel under the foot is the panel that sits between the car door and the rear wheel. It's the panel right under the back window in the vehicle mode side shot.

As for Mech Tech, I'm digging it. I think Skids' gun is the most fun so far, with Megatron's being the best integrated into alt mode.

8. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    ...but the Ferrari WILL be a part of the DOTM line, thus engineered with a certain focus.

The question is not whether or not the toy that is released will be any good, but what could the toy have been like in the ROTF line... ?

My opinion, the Ferrari toy will be like being conceived by alcoholics or meth addicts. You get the chance at life, but the odds are stacked against you for having birth defects or a "normal" life. So, while the Ferrari may be a good toy, possibly even the shiny star of the line, we will never know what could have been had he been born into a different scenario.

That's right, I just conjured a successful metaphor relating Hasbro engineers to meth addicts. Where my award? HAHAHA!

9. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    This :

[​IMG]

10. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe hasbro isn't catering to the collector with DOTM but instead are doing that with Generations. This will be the kids line. Not as complex and more gimmickey, that leaves generations to take the risks we collectors like. I don't think the new movies toys are outright bad. They are just different than what the past couple of years have made us come to expect.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the movie toys are simplified. They were complex for us collectors, let alone a child. If they want to keep kids interested, they need to make it easier for them to play with the toys. Remember, no kid interest=no more transformers.

12. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Erm.. I have mixed feelings about this guy.. One thing is I don't like the fact that he's smaller than his ROTF counterpart. Another thing is I don't like the painted headlights and face. :(  And there is a lot of green on the legs, which is in contrast to his already all or almost all black body.

Other than that, he looks fantastic and an improvement to the ROTF mold. And the mech tech weapons do look good on him.

13. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

aside from the few rational people here, i am finding it funny that Adults are complaining about how a Childrens Toy is too simple and not adult oriented, especially one of a character that most of you hated. Simple if you dont like it then dont get it Hasbro isn't gonna collapse if all of TFW don't buy their toys, while i think the Mechtech weapons are a bit too Power Ranger-y, it works for some of the toys, i just wished that they could have disguised it better.

14. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Dude.. The movie TF designs are complicated. So the toys would end up complicated as well wouldn't they?

But of course, complex designs would put off kids. But then think again. There are many collectors out there, including you and me. Hasbro will still earn from us even though they can't earn from kids. Also, have the kids learn to be patient, and this problem can be solved.

15. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    It looks nice. I will buy since I didn't get Skids last because of DOTM.

16. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Granted, I feel that HA Skids is the definitive figure for the movie line, but that over the shoulder AEC style cannon looks a little better when it's posed as it is in the photos. In Alt mode, it's useless, but like that, I could see it. And I do like the black on him, much better than the Tuner Skids version.

17. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    The Rotf toys were mostly great, but the one thing that sticks out for me was how complex they were. I think the DotM line is looking to address that and make them a bit more kid friendly. When selling unwanted movie TF's on a carboot sale, I heard quite a few parents telling their kids they couldnt have any because they're too complicated.

18. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Um...you do know that we, adult collectors, are the minority, right? If the kids aren't buying them, then Hasbro is loosing money. It's that simple.

19. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Well he's shorter, as he should be, so this is a maybe since I didnt pick up the ROTF version.

20. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    God forbid if there are transformers lines that are for kids instead of for collectors! I mean WHY should there be a toyline of transformers TOYS for KIDS? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE!