More Hasbro Transformers toy reveals at CybertronCon 2012

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by and2ng, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

*cries cause I can't have them*

2. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getting FOC Starscream. Just can't believe we have to wait til next year for him.

3. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    pretty sure if there is an RID deluxe of Ironhide it will be the RID Kup mold. it looks so much like the Cyberverse Commander figure.

4. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    I'm most intrigued by the Prime/Generations mash-up toys and the Bludgeon remold as Megatron.

If they're going for the G2 deco on the Bludgetron, I'm gonna have to see how the headsculpt looks on the body, especially after seeing Botcon Gigatron.

5. theycallmedenny

theycallmedenny Reximus Prime

excited for the FOC starscream and prime toys, not so much those exclusives. Jazzy wheelie sounds ridiculous

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So Starscream is the first of the illustrious 40 for 2013, correct?

After reflecting on it, to me, the only MUST HAVES from Asia will be Hot Spot, Megatron, Power Dive, Swerve, and EVAC. Everything else I already have (better) representations of the characters. (Megatron is for my Megatron shelf).

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After what they did to the Alternators version I'm leery but I'm sure you're right. The fact that I can't make out the picture very well doesn't help though.:lol 

8. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    thanks hasbro way to screw us out of bunch of classics repaints for a good price

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm loving that Rumble. Some of those repaint ideas are pretty cool as well, I just wish they weren't Asia exclusive.

10. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is anyone else slightly annoyed that we won't see these on shelves in the US?

11. Logos Minor

Logos Minor Enabler

News Credits:
    I'm definitely going to find a way to get Hot Spot and Swerve, maybe Power Dive.

I'm just mind boggled by those FE mold retools.

12. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I'll be buying the repainted movie leaders, but that's it. Finding all the Asia exclusives for a decent price will be too hard.

13. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:

What?!?

1) We're getting 40+ classics/generations figures next year. 40+!!! That is beyond amazing!

2) Most of these are terrible ideas that don't match the classic characters they're based on well at all.

3) These aren't anything Hasbro was ever planning to release here and took away from you, they're padding that TakaraTomy or Hasbro Aisa or whoever created for their market. If anyone get pissed at THEM.

-ZacWilliam, just WoW, when Hasbro can announce nearly 50 classics/gen figures for the US and still get a post like this it's really, really sad...

14. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, they aren't Takara-Tomy. They're Hasbro Asia.

15. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Point entirely stands.

16. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    I think Hasbro Europe should start making it's own exclusives as well...

17. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wouldnt TRU exclusives count? are those released in Japan as well by TRU Japan or something equivalent? I gather that collecting toys is much more prevalent among adults in Japan than NA, Europe- If they have a larger market (also in a much more concentrated space considering how small Japan is, Asia by and large has a much higher population density than NA/Europe) it means they can afford to do more recolors and such because its not just kids buying their products.

18. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Honestly, those Asia exclusives look pretty awful, in my opinion. So, I don't really care about missing them.

I might get the G1 Colours leader Ironhide, seeing as how I didn't get the original version of the mold. I'll pass on Starscream. Kup and Rumble; I will have them both. They look really good!

But that deluxe seeker mold! I must have it!

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Rumble's pretty badass, but he'd look so much cooler in black than blue, with those red highlights and creepy chest face.

20. phoenix88

phoenix88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok. so i literaly jsut filmed a rambling vlog about this for my youtube, but i'll give mor succint thoughts here.

1) i'll be surprised if those non-movie aesthetic asia exclusives stay that way. HAsbro would be nuts to not release some of those voyagers and deluxes over here.

2) PRID Kup. Wow, thought this was ironhide at first, but i love it. Totally get a Prime-verse Wreckers feel from him and i love it. Not really digging those collar pieces by the head, but that's minor. Bought on sight.

PRID Rumble: Not really feeling the shoulder kibble, but other than that i'm completely sold.

RTS Legends (legions) reissues: I like the look of all of these repaints but i never saw the originals so yea.

Scout Re-issues: Brawl from Breacher seems like a weird choice (woulda prefered to just have the cancelled Bodyblock figure be released). Sandstorm and Dead end are just beating mediocre and dead molds to death. The Laserbeak redeco of skystalker sounds very promising, and i love that mold, but without a more avian (think thats the right word) head, i'm not sure how well this'll work for people.

Deluxe re-issues:

Springer from Tomahawk: Didn't see this coming, but i dig it alot. love the mold already, hope t gets released in the west.

Swerve from Kup: I'm intrigued by this. kind of left-field-ish for me, but i like how the new head mold looks so we will see.

classics cliffjumper using the FE cliff mold from Prime: I'm all for this, probably wont buy it but more people need the FE cliffjumper mold and classics cliffjumper is stupiduly expensive so yea. Good move HAsbro.

Wheelie from Jazz: Ummm. WTF? So left field. need more photos.

Voyager Re-issues:

Power Dive from Highbrow: I'm intrigued. no attachment to the character, but i'm intrigued.

G2 MEgatron from Bludgeon: I dig it. Want to see more of what it'll look like, but yea, i dig it

Brawn from Prime Fe Bulkhead: So out of left field, but i'm very intrigued and want to see more!

Hot Spot using the classics Inferno mold: Hells yes!

Repainted Movie Leaders Ironhide and Starscream: Meh. pass

Generations FoC Starscream: God yes. Win! Bought on sight. only nitpick is the shins look a bit too chunk and the feet look nonexistant/ unposeable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.