Minor/Repaint: More Game-Accurate FOC Jazz!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kaiwera05, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    So I was at my local Target earlier today and I saw a FOC Jazz sitting on the shelves and impulsively had to buy it. In hand, he's not a bad figure at all, but I thought that he could use some paint on him to bring out all the sculpted detail on him. So I got to work and made him (arguably) more game accurate! I used screenshots and concept art from the games for reference.

Anyways, enjoy!

[​IMG]
    Basic action shot. What's crackin', little bitches?

[​IMG]
    (Blurry) View of the front of robot mode.

[​IMG]
    Back detail.

[​IMG]
    Front of car mode.

[​IMG]
    Top view of car mode.

[​IMG]
    Back view of car mode/

Attached Files:

2. JDM_EK3

JDM_EK3 Well-Known Member

It looks like a 5 year old with a marker got a hold of it.

3. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice. Really nice. *smh*

OP, it does need a bit of work, but your idea shows promise. A little bit of extra work will go a long way. What did work was the addition of the red paint. It looks good on those spots.

4. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    Thanks for the input, guys. I actually don't care much for how it came out myself, so I'm repainting him into something else right now, and it doesn't look like a 5 year old with a marker got a hold of it! It looks like a 6 year old got a hold of it!

5. Unicron9

Unicron9 Chaos Bringer 9

Considering Deluxe Transformers cost around $15 now, I'd probably start with something else for practicing rather than a new figure.
    For practicing line work (since that seems to be what you could use the most improvement on according to the pics), you could use any old toy or broken piece of a toy that has any risen details or recessed lines.
    Just start with some cheap wal-mart acrylic black or gray for a primarily white figure like Jazz here. Dab a fine tipped brush from water to the paint and then dab that into a paint mixing dish (or on a CD case, plate, or whatever you have around) until what is coming off the brush is a fairly even mix of paint and water. Then just carefully paint with the mix around risen details and/or into recessed lines. You may need to play around with your mix ratio until you get it just how you want it. It will look much different once dry then it does wet too BTW.
    After it is mostly dried, take your shirt, hand, or whatever, and lightly scrub across the lines and details until the surface paint is gone and only the paint in the lines and around the details remains. Remember to rub ACROSS the line work, not along it. Rubbing along the lines will remove that cheap paint.
    Another way is to use panel liner pens, but they often leave a shine in certain light that I don't like.
    Either way, those are the easiest ways to get into doing decent looking line and detail work that I know of, and getting that down makes a huge difference in how your paint work looks. Its a good start to moving from 6 year old level, to promising amateur customizer, and can even be quite sturdy after a good clear coat.

6. MasterxBlaster

MasterxBlaster THUGFORMER

News Credits:
    That's really awesome to see a Veteran customizer step in, and offer some valuable advice, instead of just leaving nasty comments like the 1st Reply. When I eventually pick up this mold, I will definitely remember the advice offered here, to accomplish a cool panel line effect.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    :thumb