More G1 sticker sheet questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gestalts Vault, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Gestalts Vault

Gestalts Vault Well-Known Member

Why do some G1 sticker sheets have extra paper around the edges? They seem to come with Canadian TFs, is that the case?
    The colors on the two Tracks sticker sheets below vary slightly.
    [​IMG]
    Also, can anyone identify the two top sheets?
    Is the bottom one Ironhide or Ratchet (Is there a difference?) and is it real? It seems much more reflective.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanx!

2. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Top left is red alert, top right is inferno, and the last one is Iron hide (Ratchet had yellow knee stickers)

3. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    The middle and one directly under it is from Tracks as you pointed out but the Ironhide/Ratchet one may be a second printing or later

4. Gestalts Vault

Thanx a bunch guys. I figured the first was for the Sideswipe mold but didn't want to check in my boxes. Shoulda known inferno by those circles on his "stabalizers". The Ironhide thing is curious because the seller never sold TFs before. He only had a few in an old case which he sold seperately so I believe all items were genuine 80s.
    Any info on the difference between the Tracks sheets or about the extra paper?

5. Gestalts Vault

Oh yeah, JD, item shipped today.

6. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Well I have a few sticker sheets when I bought them back in the 80's. My Swoop, Ironhide, and Jazz has the extra space on the sides like your Tracks, but I also have a Ratchet that looks like your Ironhide, where it is cut clean. I have no idea why some do and some don't.

7. Gestalts Vault

Maybe the series one figures have more reflective stickers than series two or later?

8. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

The one on the top left is Red Alert. By this point, Hasbro labored to remove any details (mostly text) that had anything to do with the real-world car used. So Red Alert's license plate is blank, as is the right-hand space on his 2 light blue kneecap decals.
    The one on the top right is Inferno. Like Red Alert, his license plate is empty, but the rest of his decals are pretty much the same.
    The one on the bottom right is Ironhide's sheet. Ironhide was my first TF, so I'm used to his detailing. Nearly all of his decals look different than Ratchet's, in subtle ways. His leg decals are black (and the blue hexagons should go near the top), the long red-banded decal goes around his platform's missile launcher. It's shiny because both Ironhide and Ratchet's sheets used a different texture than the ones for Jazz, Sideswipe, and Tracks. (Tracks's sheet are the two other sheets in your picture.) Hot Rod, Kup, and Blurr also use a shiny texture on their label sheets.

9. KaguyaHouraisan

KaguyaHouraisan TORANS-FORMAAAA!

Just because this is a thread about stickers,I'd like to express my frustration towards G1 stickersheets. When i try try to peel them they just break and they are a real pain in the ass to apply to the correct places. I almost never get stickers right on figures.

10. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    The only question I had about sticker sheets is why does the Jetfire one have a different TF logo on it? I always hesitated buying them because the different logo makes me think they are repros.