More G1 Sillyness

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Okay, I'm not trying to make sense of this at all. I gave up on that a while ago. I've been amusing myself this week by watching my entire G1 series DVD set, and so far I'm in the middle of season two at the moment.

I find it pretty amusing that the Decepticons can always fly without the aid of a jet-pack, but the unfortunate Autobots need the jet-pack only half the time?
    It seems that in half the episodes, especially the early ones, the Autobots can fly anytime anywhere they need to go. And the rest of the time, they use back-pack style jet-packs in order to fly.

It seems that the Autobots abilities change from episode to episode to fit within the story.

What do you find amusing about G1? Lets forget about the silly animation errors, there's already ton's of threads for that. Also, lets not try and make logic out of any of this. It'll just give us all headaches and our brains will explode leaving our computer monitors a big mess. LOL!

2. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From what I remember, the Autobots only flew in the 3 part pilot episodes which were obviously written before anyone decided that Autobots do not fly.

3. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Decepticons can fly in bot mode cause they were the "military" models and not the "civilian/worker" models who became the Autobots.

4. Tigertrack

Guy's, I just said I was not looking for logical explanations here. I just wanted to know what you thought was amusing about the show! :) 

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Spike playing football with the Dinobots was pretty corny. But then again, so was Rodimus as a leader.

6. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Click one of my sig links to see all the things that I found silly about G1 episodes.

7. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

the autobot throne made for optimus was pretty silly. "thrones are for decepticons, i'd rather roll" prime says and then leaves.

on an unrelated note, just watched fight or flee the other day... it's a pretty dark episode, especially rodimus' sarcasm at the end and the fact that they had to blow up the entire planet. kind of a political jab at pacifists.

8. Tigertrack

Thanks but again, not looking for animation errors. Just silly stuff.

9. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers Badly Animated has nothing to do with animation errors. It just makes fun of the silliness of the G1 episodes.

10. Tigertrack

Okay, cool. Just that the title made me think otherwise.

11. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be honest there is loads of silliness on the show, especially during season 2 but it was all part of the charm I guess.

12. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    some of the racial slights the got away with back then. Carbombya for example lol.

13. ---The RAt

---The RAt Well-Known Member

I'd have to say what I always found the most silly was the episode where they discovered jetfire. The 'cons were sucking the heat energy out of the earth core from up in the Arctic. However before we discover that plot point.
    Spike and the Autobot's were out having a snowball fight in the middle of a desert.
    Jazz apparently stood still long enough to be completely covered in snow, and everyone forgot he was standing there. So spike thought one of the autobot's made an autobot sized snow man. Also it was Spike and the autobot's ending up rolling down a hill in a giant snow ball and tiny cactus that stopped them from rolling. It took that for it to occur to Prime that something might be screwed up about the whole situation.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Most amusing/silly thing about the G1 cartoon? How people love to regard it as the 'be all and end all' of G1 fiction. Close runner-up? Primacron as Unicron's creator.

15. Tigertrack

Well to be honest, for me G1 is really all that I know. I have seen some bits of Beast Wars and Beast Machines, but not enough to know them. However, I don't really consider it the "be all and end all". There are after all the comic books. I think I remembered reading the comic books before seeing the cartoons. I just remember more of the cartoons than the comics.

16. Papasmoak

Papasmoak Well-Known Member

Episode "Triple Takeover". Blitzwing crashes the football field.

Quote: (football player) "Coach, it's a tank...what do I do?" (coach) "Give him the ball!"

So silly, but that's one thing I'll always love about the show.

17. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Drunk Decepticons.

18. Tigertrack

"Those who the good ol' days, back on Cybertron!" LOL!
    Yea that was funny too. With Rumble or Frenzy not sure which having a hick-up.

19. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Autobots on huge robot sized surfboards in The Ultimate Doom.

20. $5HotRod

$5HotRod Trailbreaker Fan

Ebay:
    Laserbeak crashing when he was over-energized. That was just too funny.

Wheeljack giving the Dinobots simple brains. Grapple and Hoist allying themselves with the Constructicons to make the Power Tower. DRSMOOV covers these points brilliantly.

The Instant Immobilizer. Beforehand, Wheeljack was content to test in the Autobot's base but the second time around, "hey, let's go out into the open!" The silliness of that decision still cracks me up.

But if you want ultimate G1-silliness, at least in my book, look no further than Kremzeek.