Minor/Repaint: More G1 looking Classics Prime (No Alt Mode) WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by hailstarscream, Dec 22, 2010.

1. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't sleep and Optimus was staring at me. I always keep one in robot mode and he always looks fat(not phat) to me. so i trimmed him down, shaved around his neck, ball jointed his head and added some much needed touches in my opinion. So sorry No Alt Mode(N.A.M.) guys. guns are by Cashanova which i think fit him perfect. i know there's Revoltech, MP Prime, I even have PP01 Faith, but i wanted this one to fit in more. i still have a lot of work to do: sand, fill in holes and paint him. which is going to be well after new years. so here's my take on him, thanks for looking and C&Cs welcome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Prime got junk in the trunk.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    You talking to me?

[​IMG]
    Do these guns make me look fat?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Thats really neat, I always hated that arm kibble to a certain degree, I try to pretend there armor. I think it might look better with crotch facing the right way. Bummer about the lack of alt mode.

3. hailstarscream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks on the comp. the holes are going to be filled. besides he didn't have a fork on his crotch(looks weird to me), it looked more like this with the angle and all. at least on the back the fork can't be seen

4. cheetor71

cheetor71 Autobot

This looks pretty god. It's a shame he can't transform anymore

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice work. I was looking to do something similar, as I too have a Faith Leader, but as you said, he's a little too tall. It's too bad he can't transform anymore, but very nice job. The crotch looks more like the cartoon flipped around like that, maybe you could paint the "fork" part blue like his back looked. In any event, nice job, I'd like to see the finished project

6. hailstarscream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thanks man. this is my personal figure so he's going to be used just for posing with http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/319332-classics-megs-articulated.html. i was tired of using the Revoltechs, too small. and the blue, i know what you mean. i did it before but not all the way up on http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/319333-classics-o-p.html thanks again, i hope to have this guy done by new year's but it prob. won't happen.

7. galvascream

galvascream Apple Junkie

News Credits:
    Can you show a best attempt at an alt mode?

8. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Wow... this is a prime example of everything people nitpick about this mold. I know it's down to the individual to modify as he/she sees fit, but every time I see something like this I just want to cry.

9. hailstarscream

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    sorry can't, crotch doesn't let the legs lay flush, switched arms won't let hands t fold in and shaved door holders.

don't cry. he's actually comprised from different junkers i had. i know how you feel about seeing people desecrate a TF because it isn't a TF anymore. i feel the same way but i needed one between Revoltech and PP01 size for action and posing shots against http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/319332-classics-megs-articulated.html. and truth be told his arm and leg kibble gets in the way. but don't worry, i'm trying to make one that will either transform or partsform. hopefully i'll be in your good graces with that

10. Crank729

Crank729 Seeker

Great Job. I have always hated those door/arm pieces, so it's nice to see them gone. I like the ball jointed head as well, it really works. Excited to see him painted.

11. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    That's not quite what I meant...

Whatever, it's your custom, your choice, and I shall forever remain a sad panda.