More focus on Optimus & Megs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ArtistOfWar59, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

I feel like Optimus and Megatron aren't really getting much attention. (So Far..) It centers more around the humans, and their guardian bots, which I'm ok with, but Id' like some focus on the bots who aren't guardians. (Optimus, Ratchet, Megatron, etc. ). I mean, does anyone else want some more epic fights between Optimus and Megatron? I'm not whining, saying the show is bad, or anything. I just want to see more of Optimus and Megatron leading their factions, and fighting epicly. It's just a small complaint I'd like to share.

2. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I think (as in: desperately hope) that they are saving both OP's and Meg's character development and epicness for the season finale.

3. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually of the opinion that Arcee and Jack are the true main characters, and Prime, Bee and Megs are really just there for brand recognition.

If this turns out to the true, I'd be perfectly ok with it.

4. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

If this is the case, then that lack of attention for Optimus and Megs is understandable.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The writers said that the reason Megatron was killed was because "When you got Megatron and Optimus together you can't help but tell the story of those two".

So yeah, now that he's alive, I think we'll get their development pretty soon, and probably TOGETHER since they're old "pals".

6. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

For right now, this is probably the truth, especially if you throw in Miko and Bulkhead as the other main characters.

I've heard that the writers want to focus on the other cast members first to get their personalities down, so that when they get the ball rolling and focus on Optimus and Megatron, they don't have to worry about the others. I'm taking it to mean that the show would become the Optimus & Megatron Show once Season Two starts up. However, I've been wrong before.

7. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    I would say that that's a probable assumption.

We have seen the spoilers of [spoilers]the kids reacting to prime having used to be a decepticon and likewise for megatron.[/spoilers] So we know some kind of development is coming. I'd assume it'd probably take a two part story to tell properly, which would imply the finale at this point I think (not sure how long we've got left, though, tbh it feels like we've had more than we have due to the bloody breaks).

I'd imagine that witht heir backstories out of the way, the characters will then be free to expand and grow in S2 and beyond. IMO they've made the right choices, by focusing on the 'lesser' characters, we are now able to know and understand the cast completely - to the point where even episodes with a 'meh' premise can be carried by teh characters alone. Not possible if you've just got a hero and his supporting crew.

I also suspect that Ratchet may well get some time with June, both being medics and all/ He could also factor into the Optimus backstory, since they seem to work the best together.

8. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Maybe a Ratchet story, featuring the return of a "Prime-ified" version of his old pal....Lockdown?

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope Prime allows us to see some more relaxed sides of Megatron. Most series show him only during his villainy moments, I always wanted to see "past time Megatron" or something of the likes.

I mean, a guy can't yell at his troops all day long, can he?

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would be nice to get a little more of Megatron and Prime since a good deal of the back story seems to involve the two of them.

While they are at it a little bit more of Soundwave wouldn't hurt either. Kind of hard to feel like he's always silently watching if he's not around much.

11. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I really like the idea of not having Optimus and Megatron fight in every episode. It makes their battles a little more special. I really liked how in the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, the turtles didn't battle Shredder in every episode. It's the same thing. It makes it so that when they do have battles, they're all the more enjoyable.

12. Sonicpower451

Sonicpower451 Well-Known Member

That signature. Starscream with the Autobots?!

inb4 "Autobots! I, Starscream, am your new leader!"

13. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I'm seeing in my head an EPIC 5-parter gives a condensed version of how the two became friends, comrades in arms and eventually reluctant enemies.

Please Christ someone throw Cullen a chance to emote propperly.

14. AlphaTrionA3

AlphaTrionA3 Autobot

News Credits:
    Hey I'm right there with you, man! Optimus Prime and Megatron need a lot more character development. Im holding on to hope that season 2 is where we'll start to see this. The past should be explored more and I think we'll see a lot of the details of their past relationship come to light.

15. AshesG

AshesG The worst seeker.

Yes, but they need more focus on all the other characters. As much as I'm enjoying Jack and Arcee, my interest in the show is fading due to lack of sensible focus on the guys in the background, making them seem close to pointless.
    Megatron seems like an idiot that does nothing but stand around and has an ego that's a detrimental factor to his own faction. Optimus is boring and rarely gives an emotion other than stoical. Ratchet is just a guy who hangs around the base most of the time making quips (I do mostly enjoy his quips but those are the most in variety that we can get out of him, which is disappointing). Bumblebee and Raph seem just ineffectual, like the writers were heading straight for a corner when they wrote them in the show. Bulkhead's is shown to have done almost everything in his past yet none of the occupations make any impact on himself but are only used as exposition and references to other characters. Miko doesn't learn from here mistakes and never takes anyone's needs but her own into consideration. Breakdown's not doing anything.
    The only characters I see effort in writing are Starscream, Jack, Arcee, and Knockout; they all are doing their best to contribute to their causes, they're sensible, have more dimensions, are are pleasing to watch.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    We see a lot of Optimus Prime and Megatron in every series so at this point they want to develop the other charecters who seem to be a lot more awesomer.

But yeah count me in for more Prime and Megatron encounters and charecter developement.

17. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Weird, your spoiler tags didn't register.

18. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

I'd LOVE more screentime for Soundwave. The old fella deserves, after his little screentime in DOTM.