More flipped shots, and discrepancies in Chicago geography

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by uruseiranma, Apr 29, 2011.

1. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When the Super Bowl trailer came out, I remember some people were wondering about the shot of the flying squirrel' guys jumping out of the plane- the shot threw some people off, because the shot was flipped.

Watching the end of the most recent trailer, Chicago's geography is all nuts again.

Plus, if you watch the building next to the glass one that the 'giant drillbot' is bear-hugging, the style of the building changes.

They actually shot the glass building at 155 N Wacker Drive. However, the building in the shot in the film is relocated to the Northeast of the Loop, up in the River East area. The structure has been footprinted in the film to the east of a structure at 160 E Illinois St.

I remember on one of the last days they were filming, I saw a camera-copter circling near this area, and was wondering what they were doing. I'm convinced that they were getting some shots for the bit at the end.

Also,at frame 2:12, the shot is flipped.This should be an East-to-West view, not vice versa.

So...anyone else as crazy as me in analyzing the trailer? I'm still hoping my workplace building will be one of the many in the Chicago landscape with 'battle-damage.'

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    In the first movie, when Bumblebee is speeding up in vehicle mode to save Sam and Mikaela from falling under the bridge, the shot is flipped, as Bumblebee's license plate is mirrored.

3. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    It's a movie.

I know it's the asshole thing to say, but it's true. Movies do this kind of things all the time...really annoying if you're a local because you are quick to spot the errors, but the rest of the world doesn't care.

4. AntiGod

AntiGod Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Specifically, neither know nor care.

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    this. even if it shot in my town i really wouldnt care about that, just that its getting blown to bits by transformers! :D 

6. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

I could care less, whatever they did to it, they did an amazing job making it look the way it looks.

7. casabonita

casabonita Autobot

News Credits:
    There's a discrepancy on the moon too, it's not the actual moon.

8. Kurai Prime

Kurai Prime Well-Known Member

Just like the first "moon landing."

I keed I keed.

In all seriousness, I'd probably be sort of ticked off if they changed my local area like flipping it or something. But honestly, as long as it looks great, my ails would disintegrate in some :bay 

9. cnic

cnic Decepticon

This

10. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Flipping stuff in film (and especially trailers) is common and not new. Often things change in editing.

11. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah dude I was one who noticed that issue in the superbowl trailer......and I kinda noticed this new issue, I notice these things because I am passionate about my hometown and films that are filmed here, knowing that I am seeing my home on screen. Who knows he might change some things around to make things look more appealing????? who knows???? Hell he was passing Detroit shots in the first film for LA....