More fitting trilogy alt. mode?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by 0MEGATR0N, Dec 5, 2011.

1. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

While most characters had one alt. mode throughout the trilogy some such as megatron and soundwave had 2 or 3,which modes better fit the character?
    Megatron as a jet or tank? Soundwave as a satellite or car? I actually thought the best fit for megatron was his DOTM beatup mack truck mode,I feel it added character,though for soundwave it seemed more fitting for him to be a satellite,and any other I may have missed,discuss...

2. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

I actually really liked Megatron as that beat up truck as well. Nice contrast with Optimus Prime. The tank and jet modes were nice as well, but this truck had some character. And given the state Megs was in, it was very appropriate too. Loved his first transformation with the tarp over his face.

With Soundwave, either mode fits. I thought his face looked better when he was a satellite. The car was just so damn sexy though.

So, it's hard to say!

3. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

I liked DOTM Soundwave better but the satellite fit him better

4. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I always think Megatron works best as a tank.

5. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

I liked tankatron better than truckatron and jetatron

soundwave, I'm neutral on

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Megatron was better as the truck. A dark reflection of Optimus and it actually told a story about the character.

Honestly Soundwave as a car fit more for me. Him actually being part of the spying rather than just watching from a distance is more Soundwave's thing.

7. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

I didn't like the idea of Megatron as a truck at first, but it ended up working really well.

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

The jet was the best as it could fly but I would go with the tank if it had a flying stealth Force mode. A satellite was the most fitting for Soundwave. I do not care about the minor ones like BB and Swipe.

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually really liked Megatron as a truck. I like the idea of the two faction leaders turning into trucks for some reason. Both of his other alt modes I didn't care much about to start with, the flying tank moreso than the weird jet.

Soundwave I didn't mind as a car either. But a satellite fits his traditional role much better if he's hacking into other stuff for data.

And I'm surprised nobody has said "OMG WRONG SECTION!!!!1" yet. Unless the OP is including other series too.

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

For Megatron I'm going to have to go with the truck. Giving him an Earth mode it just seemed so much more creative when it goes from truck mode to robot mode. Cybertronian jet or tank to robot just felt kind of lazy.

For Soundwave I had my hopes up for an alt mode that had more to do with sound. A very cool looking car but not really something I picture when I think of Soundwave. Ha ha, plus I wanted the car in blue as a nod and tip of the hat to other characters named Soundwave.

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Megatruck gave a sweet sense of irony for me. He wanted to be a Prime, and the only Earth alt mode he took was one of a Truck like Optimus Prime.

12. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Megatron as a truck.
    Neutral on Soundwave.
    DOTM Bee and Swipe over their past alterations.
    And I know they werent really in it, but Skids and Mudflap (who actually changed vehicle mode) both looked so sexy as black Sparks with green and orange stripes.

13. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I liked Megatron as his flying tank. I looked alienish like a Decepticon. I really like DOTM alt mode for Megs though, that goes for Soundwave as well. I Soundwave looked scary in DOTM.

14. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

btw,I am not too car smart,is the mercedes sls and sls 500 the same car and the same alt. mode used for soundwave?

15. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

I like the reasons for each of the alt-modes for Megatron and Soundwave.

1. 1st Movie Megatron - I like that we see his actual Cybertronian alt-mode. He's not going to take a pathetic Earth vehicle mode, because the fleshling maggots are not worthy of providing an alt-mode.
    2. ROTF Megatron - This is my favorite mode for him; a cobbled-together Cybertronian tank. It's more functional, and he still keeps from looking like a useless fleshling vehicle. This is the most effective, too, as he kills Optimus with this mode.
    3. DOTM Megatron - This is my least favorite, but I like the story behind it. Megatron is an insane, sick, heavily damaged tyrant that has to hide now to remain alive. He's way too damaged to possess flight technology or significant firepower. It's tragic.

1. ROTF Soundwave - His satellite mode is my favorite and is demonstrative of how effective Soundwave is.
    2. DOTM Soundwave - His car mode is fine, and I understand the story reasons for it. I just felt he was much more effective as a satellite.

16. bearweezie

bearweezie Well-Known Member

I like DOTM Megatron the best, I didn't like the car for Soundwave cause I think he should be something bigger.

I think something like this would have been good for Soundwave
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

Soundwave was definitely better as a satellite. Not for looks, but for the concept. Soundwave is a communications officer, right? As a satellite, he could hack into ANY audio transmission and just give the Decepticons the information they needed. In ROTF, they would have never known where Megatron and the shard were if it hadn't been for Soundwave. Just saying, he had more control as a satellite.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Nothing says he still can't function as communications as a car, he just doesn't have the safety of being in space, but he's still covered in sound-techy-receiver things.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Megatron as the truck by far. It's real and actually looks awesome and not half assed.

Soundwave (personally he'd be a Swat Van in my series) but his car mode was cool but his sateiliette mode was most pratical.

20. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Design-wise, I'd say that all three were suitably Megatron-y. His RotF alt mode seemed to pack the most punch, but storywise, Megatron's DotM truck mode was better, in my opinion.

As for Soundwave, I don't really feel that one mode is better over the other. Both served their purpose, and both were very Soundwave-y. The communications guy; a satellite, hacking into government databases, watching everything from above, not really directly involved in the fight - perfect for Soundwave. Now enter DotM. The spy; subterfuge, he's a 'Con on a mission and he's undercover, trying to get the dirt on Carly/Sam.

And to put a finer point on Soundwave's design, his modes in the movie have made me think about his usual designs. From what I know, Soundwave's usually come in one of two forms. 1.) Sleek, simple, not much "going on" (G1, Animated, Prime and DotM) and 2.) The "walking satellite", in which well, he's basically a walking satellite, with panels and flaps and whatnot, a very busy design (Cybertron, RotF).