More Dragon Quest on the DS

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by OmegaScourge, Jul 31, 2007.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

awesome news....and please let there be a Chrono Trigger DS game.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  2. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

Very nice! Looks like they're ultilizing both screens like Sonic.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I promise that I am not a fanboy. I solemly swear. But I wish that Square had released DQ9 on PSP or PS3/360 over the DS. This isn't because I dislike the DS (quite the contrary - FF12 Revant Wings FTW). But DQ8 was SOOOO huge with a world so enormous and vast and beautiful and relaxing to explore, that although the DS game looks good, it can't match what they created on it's prequel. The DS is a tough little system, but to continue that epic scope, Square should have taken advantage of the Ps3 or 360 (ala Blue Dragon). Even the PSP would have been able to handle the simple-yet-beautiful graphics of 8.

I will still buy 9, because DQ is a fantastic game (wether it be with sprites or 3D polygonal worlds), but I was really looking forward to a followup to 8, in the same grandure and spirit of the former.

Either way this is great news. DQ is a great series. And those screenshots look great!

4. Prime64

Prime64 In state of deep blue

I'm sure square-enix will find a way around the limitations of the DS. While it won't match the scope or graphics, they'll at least be able to recreate the experience. They went with DS because of it's extreme popularity, and to reach a bigger audience. The fact that it's portable makes it easier to play the game anywhere, and with friends. Otherwise, they could've just put out ix for the Wii.

5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this for a LONG time. WOOOO..HOOOO!!!!!!!

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's true, and I was wrong to write that it wouldn't capture the spirit. Honestly, some sprites have more spirit than a lot of the polygonal crap that's out there. I'm still going to buy it. Plus it's multiplayer.

7. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I hope we see american/european releases for Dragon Quest IV-VI.

8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ...any of these NOT a grind-fest like the majority of DQ games are? I think I heard IV was actually decent about that.

9. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I think depending on the gamer all of these can be grind-fests. IV Has you controlling different characters until the last chapter so I'm not sure.

10. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not the DS that bothers me, in fact I played FF3 just recently on it, or the techinical limitaions of a handheld... I just really would rather play on a big screen. Japan has this fascination with handhelds (ok it isn't really just Japan), but really, I don't care if a console release has less then a 20 million dollar budget, I would just rather use a nice large screen with a good audio system. It's not like I have many chances to play "on the go" anyways. I played FF3 on the DS, on my couch, while my nice TV sat there, because it was my only choice to play that version.