More Dinos found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by seeker311, Sep 23, 2010.

1. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
  2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Yep, I saw that this morning. Pretty cool! It makes me wonder though how many there were that we haven't discovered.

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

cool, more dino... bots

4. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

The Kosmoceratops looks AWESOME. I love the downward horn crown it has going on.

Also, how many dinosaurs have horns to NOT attract mates? Just like purely gorin' action. Are there any that just use them for defense? I know the triceratops fights with their horns, but are they used for mating displays as well?

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That's pretty bizarre. Just when I think there can't be any more variations of horned dinosaur, another one turns up. Or two, as the case may be. And Kosmoceratops is such an awesome name.

Incidentally(and sorry to hijack your thread) there were 2 other very exciting Dinosaur finds from Europe earlier this month.

Concavenator, a hump-backed meat-eater from Spain known from a particularly well-preserved complete skeleton. This mid-sized Carcharodontosaur is a close relative of giants like Giganotosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrocketscience/2010/09/08/the-shark-toothed-dinosaur-with-a-%E2%80%98fin%E2%80%99-on-its-back/

[​IMG]

And Balaur, a velociraptor relative with double slashing claws on each foot from Transylvania(well, Romania).

http://blogs.nationalgeographic.com.../2010/08/stocky-dragon-from-transylvania.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i love the headline here:

Horniest Dinosaur Species Ever

and being a lover of Triceratops already, I now want animated versions of both of these... they would look so badass all together...

7. Deceptikitty

I read about the Balaur, I love the double slashing claws. I love how back then size and weaponry mattered so much. Obviously with modern animals it's the same, but the overkill of brutality just isn't there any more :(  When a plant-eating saurpod's only defense is to get ridiculously huge, you know it was a vicious time.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  8. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Kosmoceratops looks awsome, he seems also to be the smaller one of the two ceratopsians. It is always exciting when new dinosaurs are discovered, especially bizare ones.

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    woo...more dinos that's awesome

10. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Utah won't let you have firecrackers, gamble, or get wine at Wal Mart, but we have some awesome dinosaurs!

11. Deceptikitty

I promised Jack I'd take him to Thanksgiving Point one of these days to go to the Museum of Ancient Life. Utah delivers with dinosaurs :D 

12. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    That it does, I've always wanted to visit Utah's Dinosaur National Monument (I understand that the vast majority of Allosaurus skeletons in museums around the world were dug up in a quarry there).

Utah's Museum of Natural History put up a video that explains the significance of these new horned dinosaurs. It actually does an excellent job at putting everything in perspective.

Apparently these new dinosaurs are coming from a rock formation that they've only begun to explore in recent years. They expect to make more new finds in the years ahead.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  13. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

ANOTHER ceratopsian discovered? I'm not surprised :lol 

Wow Paleontology is on a streak with all these new discoveries in the ceratopsia infra-order, eh? This year I think there had to be at least seven or eight new species discovered, along with the debate that Torosaurus is actually an adult Triceratops.

And I absolutely love Concavenator! :D  if I had to choose a small therapod as a pet he'd be my first choice. Balaur is a very interesting raptor. Double-retractable-claws on each foot, thats awesome.

Quoted for the freaking truth! :rock 

IMO, there is nothing alive today that can hold a candle up to these animals. What an amazing sight it would have been to see a pack of Allosaurs bring down a Diplodocus, or a pair of Triceratops dueling. If I could see that happen my life would be complete. :) 

14. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Yeah I saw e'm yesterday.

both look cool.