More Cybertronian modes PLEASE! At least for my Decepticons!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    So, I was organizing my shelves, and I decided to do my main 'con shelf in one half: Megatron and the earth modes on one side, and Shockwave and the Cybertronian mode cons on another... kinda like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then I got to thinking... one way that we could even out our decepticon shelves (at least for classics) is by having it more cybertronian decepticons released.

Off the top of my head, the main ones would be the rain makers in actual cybertronian ship modes. I remember them also having purple drone ships as well.

I just wanted to see what you guys' thoughts are on this.

2. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I've thought about this as well, especially with the WfC deluxes in Generations. I LOVE the idea of more Cybertronian modes...however I feel it should be done for the WfC2 toys. Get the Seekers in the tri-fighter designs, Jazz, Onslaught...

3. ExVeeBrawn

ExVeeBrawn Three dollar Nazi

News Credits:
    I know it's not probably not exactly what you had in mind, but I'd enjoy seeing the Cybertron Starscream design done over without the Cyber Key gimmick and be more poseable in the arms. I LOVE the look of the vehicle mode, but especially for a Voyager and up it's not a great toy. Either way, with my fond memories of the Vehicon toys, I really can't turn down well designed Cybertronian alternate modes.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    We might get some more when WFC 2 hits.

5. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

ThereĀ“s few cybertronian alt modes in my classics colelction. They need to be more. G1 had a good variety of Earth and Cybertron modes.

6. whiskeytango

whiskeytango Combaticon

As much as I like wfc, if we get more cybertronian modes, I'd love it if they were more like the idw/ww designs. They're awesome reimaginings of the chararcters while also being designed in a way that the toys might actually come out looking like their art counter parts. So many of the wfc designs are awesome, but could never actually transform between their two modes, soundwave being a good example.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yea, I'd even love to see a WFC Trypticon and Omega Supreme!

@ExVee- I think that'd be awesome man! Honestly, if they could do the rainmakers with THAT mold, it'd be perfect!

@Whiskey - I'm with you.

8. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd want Generations Shockwave to turn into a Cybertronian tank. I'd be fine with other Cybertronian modes as well. Blitzwing could be done better with Cybertronian alt modes, although for consistency with Astrotrain and Octane, I'd prefer him to have Earth modes. Arcee and Springer should both be Cybertronian. I'd be all for a new Galvatron (Voyager class) with a Cybertronian tank mode as well.

For Movie figures, I'd also really like Decepticon figures that turn into some of the ships from the concept art I saw (I assume they were in the movie too, but I haven't seen it yet).

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I want a line of WFC figures. It will never happen but I still want to say it.

And WFC Soundwave is amazing. He doesn't look 100% like in game but he's extremely close.

10. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone once told me that Cybertronian alt modes tend not to sell well.

While I can't verify the accuracy of that statement as a whole, I can say that the WFC toys are shelfwarming like crazy at my local store.

11. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'd prefer WFC Shockwave... going by his altmode, it should be possible to engineer a pretty decent gun-mode as a third option.

[​IMG]

I'll be happy if we get another 4 molds in the next classics line. I'd go for Shockwave, and Arcee... since they were originally Cybertron-based characters. Then if they do the Starscream and Ratchet molds(which seems likely), they could get another 5 characters from 2 molds.

12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly the only Cybertron mode Decepticon I'd prefer is Shockwave. Everything else I think I'd rather prefer something at least looks kind of like an earth vehicle.

13. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I don't think it's fair to say that WFC toys are shelf warming like crazy, because the first few waves of a toyline that is months old are of course going to shelfwarm. I see tons of Generations Kups, Dirges, etc. etc. shelfwarming just as much as the rest.

And, I'd honestly stray away from the WFC lines, and gear more towards the comic styles, like Whiskey was saying. They fit way more in with classics aesthetic.

14. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Now, while mine isn't exactly in as good shape as that one (qq), I've always liked how his alt mode seemed like a hybrid between an earth truck (chevy Blazer?) and a spacial ground vehicle, and he wasn't the only G1 toy that resembled such a combination either.

... Turbomaster revival of sorts?

15. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If they did make the seekers in that triangular/ delta style fighter mold......that would be awesome. But how would the robot mode look if they couldn't make it look like g1?

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Atleast buy WFC Megatron he's fraggin awesome.