More Combiners

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by soundwave47, Jan 2, 2007.

1. soundwave47

soundwave47 Remember Me?

2. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice!

Thanks for those!

3. Ramulus

Ramulus Rhinox is my anti-drug TFW2005 Supporter

VERY cool, thanks for posting!

4. Mad Dawg

Mad Dawg Autobot Brewmeister

Victory Saber is such a cool combiner... Too bad his transformation sequence is gay.

By the time they get into vehicle modes, combined vehicle mode, combined robot mode and then put on their shoes and backpack... Well, let's just hope they're not transforming in the line of fire.

5. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Rail Racer one of the best combiner toys period

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Exactly what I was thinking, sheesh.:lol 

7. dreadwingg2

dreadwingg2 G1 since 84

Half the 30 minute cartoon is over before he transforms (VS that is)

8. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    Perhaps this is the wrong thread for this, but what is going on with that Voltronesque (sorry, that's my only real reference, I know it's prevalent in some Mecha Anime) sequence for the transformation? Can't they ever simply transform without a whole elaborate sequence which completely IMO disconnects the transformer from the scene?

Other than the fact that it looks cool to some, and probably saves on animation since you can re-use it over and over again, why is this done? I find it extremely distracting.

9. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think VS' transformation is a lot faster, but if shown that way you couldn't enjoy it as much. For example, the actual speed of the "BRAIN SET!" is shown in Victory's opening. It's almost instantaneous.

IMHO of course, I also think it's an unwritten rule (among Transformers) never to attack during mid-transformation. That would be dirty play, even for a Decepticon.:wink: 

I think you gave the answer yourself. Saving on animation appears to be a big factor in Victory. G1 was finally winding down in Japan.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Drawn out transformations are a part of the mecha genre. Brave had them as well, lots of other mecha anime also make use of them. It's a time saving measure, although once in a while you'll get a gem of an anime like the recent Gaiking which frequently either forgoes or cuts short the stock transformations, or indeed simply does them differently to better fit what is going on.
    That said, the TF series mostly seem to be made to advertise the toys, so the cost cutting measure is normally there. Pity, since a TF series with fewer stock sequences and more on the fly ones would flow so much better.

11. Toonces

Toonces Domo

Ebay:
    I figured as much, I was just hoping that there might be another answer behind it. It's just so disconcerting to be watching a show like this an to be yanked directly out of the scene due to recycled stock footage. It's probably my biggest pet peeve with the newer series' (as well as the mecha genera in general).

12. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    Long Transformations are sweet sweet eyecandy for robot nuts like us. Especially Transformers fans. I love combining sequences