More answers from Hasbro UK thanks to TFAuctions

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jan 28, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91831

I found question 15 the most interesting one.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Wow not a lot of info out of that Q&A

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

"I cannot comment at this time as to wether or not I find these answers helpful"

Gotta love Hasbro UK. I wish these question could be asked again to Hasbro US at next month's North American Toyfair, I'm sure we'd get some much better answers.

An Alternators comic sounds cool, but, c'mon, gimme those frikkin' Seacons already.

4. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Wow, I had no idea they were trying to still decide on whether 20th Prime should come out or not.

5. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I hope they're right; despite numerous reports of Cybertron toys being available in the UK, there is literally NOTHING in Luton except 2 or 3 Energon combiners at TRU. The sooner Hasbro UK start releasing things properly, the sooner they'll start getting my money again instead of eBay sellers. Hopefully this forthcoming Hasbro UK online store will carry more than a couple of TFs and a crapload of Action Man (which I really would not be surprised to see).
    I love the way that they neatly sidestepped a lot of the issues, though; especially why we pay so much more than the US for every single TF we ever buy.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that they'll stop gypping us, although I won't be counting on anything.

6. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Interesting reading indeed, the fact that hasbro intend to roll out Cybertron toys up to the movie could be good and bad..

-good for the fact the UKers could get more toys shipped in with
    a longer distribution period, ie long they roll out more chance we get later molds.

-bad because I cant see hasbro shipping two full lines of transfomers at the one time (g1 neo & Cybertron), ie we could get cybertron basics and and deluxes while we only get G1 neo ultras, or visa versa.

As for the Alts, not much seems to be changing anytime soon, but maybe with this new packaging like on the meister re-release, the ones which were skipped would arrive here down the road.

All that being said while my island neighbours might prosper in some way or form, its not uncommon for myself or my Irish brothers to suffer, we only got landmane scorponok in the very latter ends of the energon supplies, I dont think I even saw any deluxes after the combiner torso's and in my opinion if the World of wonder shops in either Carlow or Newbridge don't have em, they are not available, they have carried every available TF toy (not including the Alts, Argos have them first but they do receive them in time) that has been relased so far.

So there is my opinion on it, be it right or complete shite. (that rhymed, that :confused2 )

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    A lot of those questions made no sense to even ask these people. Alt Ricochet for example, what exactly would Hasbro UK have to do with that.

8. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    When people were asked between here, the Allspark and TFansto post questions to ask Hasbro, it wasn't specified that those questions were for Hasbro UK.

Some people realized this, others didn't.

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    lol, fair enough.

10. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

Maybe they read all the questions and weren't able to answer em so the threw Hasbro.uk to the hungry wolves :ev: 

or maybe not :confused2 

11. Cradok

Cradok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, some of those questions made no sense to ask Hasbro UK. As for the ones that did, the answers were non-commital at best. Not enough to stop me importing, despite the added effort.

12. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nothing + very little. still = very little

Maybe they'll release it (in non altered packaging) for the 25th anniversary......

Seriously, if you're one of the people waiting for Hasbro UK to release this toy... you're going to be waiting until the Winter Olympics take place in hell.

Cybertron was shown at the LAST UK Toy Fair, why wasn't it relased after that??

As usual with Hasbro UK, one hand doesen't know what the other is doing, and neither of the hands are actually doing very much.

A good chunk of us just import. If you want a steady stream of new TF's there's no other option. 'Energon Starscream'
    Barricade and Roadblock had a very limited distribution in the UK. Not sure if they appeared here. As far as i can tell World of Wonder was the only place in Ireland that could Scorponok and Landmine.

13. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Hasbro co. UK sound like the guy the store owner asked to watch the store for an hour or so, and he got flooded with customers, in that hour, and know absalutly nothing about the products in the store, so he just beat around the bush, and dodged all the Q but the easy ones.

14. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just further evidence that Hasbro UK is nothing more than a distributor. They seem to have next to no input on the line and instead just sell whatever Hasbro US sends them. And I'm sure this thing with Cybertron running up until the movie is just in the UK and not in the US.

15. Vialli

Vialli Fantastic

The thing is GDS that importing isnt an option to all people, It was a strain just gettin 20th Prime from Japan, plus we shouldn't have to fork out extra money by right for the same toy, granted if ya want a die cast version of alt meister for example, thats fair enough, but for toys like cybertron, ya shouldn't have to.

16. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I wonder if this means there will ne a non-Beetle Bumblebee coming out in the near future.

17. Prowlus

Prowlus resident goldfish

Jeeze and I thought my Q&A with them was disjointed . Who did they talk to the head management or a grunt like I did on Wednesday ?

18. unafraid

unafraid Banned

Ebay:
    Wow, tons of non-informations!

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, Hasbro UK seem to be stuck on Action Man.
    Incidentally, High Wycombe's Tesco had some Cybertron this evening. Snarl, Sideways, and some scouts. Since that's not far from where you are, maybe they get stock from the same place and will pop up there soon.
    Though my local Woolworths is a wasteland. Last TF I saw there was an E Ultra Magnus who has been warming that one spot for near on a year.

20. The Phazer

The Phazer Well-Known Member

Ngh. No wonder they tried to bluff their way out of the question 15 - they don't have an answer other than "we're incompetent".

Phazer