more Alien 5 rumors

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eyeballkid, Dec 6, 2008.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

MTV Movies Blog Sigourney Weaver And Ridley Scott To Team Up For Alien-Less ‘Alien’ Sequel?

I'm not sure that Ridley can put up with Fox anymore, since that studio seems to ruin everything. But I think someone could come up with a good script.

The idea that Alien 3 and Resurrection where just dreams, seems kinda moot after all these years. Ripley landed on Earth at the end of Resurrection, but Earth seems to be a waste land at the end of the movie.

Her character was interesting, but the movie was dark comedy. So what would happen in Alien 5? They need to do something original.

How 'bout this, the Earth has been through a war that has NOTHING to do with the Aliens. So Ripley decides to leave without any of the characters from Resurrection, because she never really cared about them in the first place. Maybe she could steal a ship on Earth, lie to the crew about why they have to rebuild this ship, and then leave them all behind for the homeworld, because she has the Aliens' DNA, and she can sense where the planet is.

She arrives there, and sends an S.O.S. to the Marines, who have been at war with the aliens on several planets. The marines have become disjointed, because they cannot find the homeworld, but when they get the SOS, they send the most elite squad they have. (many ships) They do not trust Ripley at all, and capture her, arrest her, and they send her to an isolation unit that cannot be breached by acid. Then they nuke the site from orbit.

But while she was on the homeworld, she found the Mother, who was captured by another race of aliens. (not predators) She frees the mother, who escapes to her old hive, that is built around a ship that looks like the alien ship from Alien. (The elephant guy.)

While we see this, the planet is blown up, while we see another alien elephant ship leaving orbit, but tracked by the Space Marines. Ripley is tried and executed immediately.

Alien 6 is about the Elephants....

2. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

Stick to drunken ramblings, that movie pitch was just..... not good.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

Care to do better? AND be original?

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

My story is based on a few things.

1. Ripley is the same character from Resurrection.
    2. The characters in Resurrection will not want to be in this movie.
    3. It will be low budget.
    4. Both Ridley and Sigourney want a new alien, and that would be easily explainable on the homeworld.
    5. We don't need to see the Aliens, we know what they look like. They are afraid of Ripley, so she could easily walk into a hive and rescue the mother.
    6. We need to see new Aliens, that are also scared of Ripley, because she is kinda suicidal, and is not scared at all. But we don't need to see them, like in the first movie. Bits and pieces, yes, but not like the last shot in Alien, which is horrible.

5. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

I'm down for a continuation of this franchise, as long as it's more akin to the first two movies, I'm game.

Mostly.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Just ignore Alien 3 and Resurrection and make an adaption of the graphic novels (amazing stuff with a LOT of potential).

7. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

SO you want to see Newt make love to a chopped in half Bishop?

8. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I don't know, I doubt Scott would make a sequel to anything he's made. Plus, I'm not sure if Hollywood can produce a proper Alien, Predator, or AvP film. Though, I would be intrigued if they explored the Space Jokeys some more.

Guess, I'm back to reading the various Dark Horse Omnibi I haven't looked at.

9. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    This is what I would do, first Ripley's done get her out of here. They cocked up that character so bad there is no way to fix it with out making everything worse like having it all be a dream, don't look back. Then get back to the roots. Dark and creepy. The last two movies where lite up to bright.

10. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

An Alien film about Ripley but without THE Alien in it would be like that season of Dukes of Hazzard where Bo and Luke left and Coy and Vance filled in.

11. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I enjoy Resurrection alot of great actos make the film enjoyable for me. However, if they do resurrect the series again, I kinda wish they just continue the AVP series and insert Resurrection Ripley into it.

Or a straight up reboot with a new Ripley...maybe Keira Knightley.

12. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

Ebay:
    If you take the retcons added to the novelizations of the comics by Steve and S.D. Perry and have a new cast: Wilks Billie and mitch with the "other" ripley you have a great movie. Heck Just take the comic that was the main inspiration for Resurrection (Labyrinth) and you have a great horror where the good guys lose hard and the Alien isn't the main villian.

13. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

1. Problem #1 - They've screwed up the Ripley character beyond saving. Almost no one likes Ressurection.
    2. The characters want what the writers want. The actors from Ressurection were mostly B or C grade character actors, who would jump at the chance to be in another film, even if most of them died the last time.
    3. It won't be low budget. Major franchise + Ridley Scott + Sigourney Weaver makes that impossible.
    4. It would be easily explainable on any world. New world = new alien.
    5. Why would the new aliens be afraid of Ripley? Because she has alien DNA? DNA of the same alien that they managed to capture its queen?
    6. What kind of horror/suspense/action film has aliens that are terrified of the protagonist?

14. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Alien" imo, was never a horror movie. it was a comedy. All these people chasing an 8 inch lizard, cussing the little bastard and then, walking into the acidic maw of an 8 foot monster.

"Aliens" was a great action flick. and built upon what made Ripley great- the power of self reliance.

I wanted so badly to like "Alien 3" but they screwed the pooch.

Fox should do what "Superman Returns" did: ignore Supes 3 and 4, start the movie where 2 ended and act like nothing else happened.

I still want the aliens to be brought to earth. Let the company bring em home and watch the world react.
    in that "terminator" kind of apocalypse, they could resurrect the franchise with a new Ripley and keep going.

15. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So Ripley has an illegitimate kid and there is an island of material that is toxic to her and aliens?

16. Wreckie

Wreckie Holder of the Discomatrix

Ebay:
    1. If you watch Resurrection, it's obvious that Sigourney Weaver is playing the clone of Ripley as a completely different character. The Resurrection Ripley was much, much more interesting than the original. And PLENTY of people like Resurrection.

2. Casting: Winnona Ryder, Ron Perlman, Sigourney Weaver, Dominique Pinon... yes, I can see how those guys would be desperate for work. :rolleyes: 

3. Yes, you have a point. Actors and Directors often choose low budget movies. Studios on the other hand, they like their big budget blockbusters, often forgetting it wasn't the big budget that made people like the movies in the first place.

17. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They need to let this go and let the franchise die.

18. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Yes it was obvious it was a different character. But that's splitting hairs. It was a way to bring the character of Ripley back, because studios, for some reason, think an Alien film has to have Weaver in it.

And in a population of 6.6 billion people, its easy to find "plenty" who like AR. However, those who dislike AR appear to outweigh those who do, and you can be sure that if AR had left people satisfied, Alien 5 would have been made long ago. In the end, AR grossed less in NA than A3, and only sligtly more than A3 world wide, despite a larger budget and 5 years of inflation.

I think if you check Ms. Ryder's and Ms. Weaver's resume, they've done very little of note in the past 4-5 years. Mr. Perlman works but rarely on films with the profile of the Alien series. And I don't recall Dan Hedeya, Brad Douriff or most of the rest of the cast being in big demand right now either.

Yep, but Ridley Scott can pick his projects at this point. He's been reticent to go back to Alien, and I find it hard to believe he'd do it for anything other than a big paycheck. With Ms. Weaver, she's likley noticed that her once record-high salary and marquee name has been reduced to "Computer Voice - Sigourney Weaver" on Wall-E, and is looking for a way to make herself relevant again. Both can already have the ability to do small pictures (indeed, that's mostly what Weaver's been doing). The main reason for them to go after Alien is, as Indy said, fortune and glory.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree. Wasn't Billie supposed to be Nute? I mean in the comic it was Nute, but they renamed her for the books because Alien 3 came out.

I noticed that about Resurrection which is what I loved about it.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Alien 3 is good, haters be damned.