More Adult Human Characters Coming To "Transformers Prime"?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Spunky, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

I was watching the making of "Transformers Prime" clip about the human characters. During that clip, it was said that "we have three main TEENAGERS in the show". Not three main humans. Three main TEENAGERS. So I'm wondering if more adult humans are going to be added that may bond with Optimus and Ratchet the way the teens are bonded with the other three Autobots. Well maybe Fowler is the only adult human character that will be featured in the show. But I just don't see him as a main character in that he isn't paired with a robot and doesn't have a huge presence with them. He just comes and goes. His purpose is just to appear and slag the Autobots off if they get into too much trouble and that's it.

2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I think you may be reading onto the phrasing a bit much, but i'm in no doubt there will be more human characters on the way, adult or otherwise. I'm sure we'll see a Lennox style character in there somewhere, and you never know, the Cons may get some human allies too.

3. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm reading too much into that. But why didn't they just say three main humans instead of three main teenagers? Makes me wonder.

4. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Probably because Agent Fowler is also a main human character. There will inevitably be more human characters, but I think the kids and Fowler are going to be the only "main" one's. Though I can imagine Jack's mom showing up every once in a while.

5. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Main characters are the most important characters in a show. If it just said main characters, that could be anyone from bot to human. The clip not only said human characters, but specifically "main teenage characters" which leads me to believe the three teens aren't the ONLY main human characters in the show. Fowler MAY be a main human character. It depends on how they are going to use him. If his only purpose in the show is to show up and slag the Autobots off every now and then, I don't know. I doubt June Darby's going to be a main character if she only shows up once in awhile and stays in the background completely ignorant to the Autobots' existence. However, curiously, she's dressed in hospital scrubs meaning she's probabely a nurse or a doctor working at a hospital. Now why have her in a medical profession in a show which features a doctor Autobot who transforms into a hybrid vehicle of an ambulance? Makes me wonder if June's role is going to be expanded in the series and she's going to be pared with Ratchet. But that sort of doesn't make any sense since normally kids don't like the parents of kid characters to be involved in kids' shows.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I know what a main character is :crazy: 

Honestly, I'll be surprised if he isn't considered a main character. He's had a big enough role so far, and I can easily imagine him staying as active in the future episodes, if not more at times.

Didn't say she would be, just that I can imagine her showing up in future episodes.

I would consider Sari's father one of the main human characters in Animated, so I don't think it would be out of the question for Jack's mom to become more involved in the plot of the show later on. We'll just have to wait and see. Maybe wait to see how more of the show pans out before reading into things too much and jumping to conclusions based off of a characters wardrobe (not trying to start an argument or anything, just don't want to get ahead of ourselves before we've seen more than five episodes).

7. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Those were hospital scrubs and I'm not the first to notice it.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I didn't say they weren't scrubs, just that I think you're going a little far with the conclusions based off of just her wardrobe.

9. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Well if she's wearing scrubs, then she obviously works in a hospital. Which again I find weird considering this show features an Autobot who's a doctor. So that's why I'm wondering if they are planning something with June and Ratchet. Don't know.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Not necessarily. She could work in a nursing home or some other sort of care facility. Scrubs don't always mean someone works in a hospital. Some people even consider them a fashion statement (odd, but weirder things have happened).

I honestly don't see how it's weird. Now, if she was a nuclear physicist and one of the Autobots happened to specialize in nuclear science, that would be weird, but mostly because of the not-so-common profession. However I don't see how having Jack's mother possibly work in health care is weird, as it's a common profession.

Besides, how many TF shows have had the Autobots medic-less? There was bound to be one that had a human character also work in health care.

It's possible, but honestly, I wouldn't jump to that conclusion based off of just her wardrobe.

11. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Whether she works in a hospital or elsewhere, I find it strange that a nurse or doctor human is featured in a show with an Autobot doctor. It could be nothing. Or could there be something between her and Ratchet later in the series. Who knows.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well still haven't seen Miko's Host Parents or Raf's parents yet so maybe...... also potential teachers at the school.

They're gonna develop a lot more as the show progresses.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd think they'll introduce an occasional human, 1 or 2 episodes a season but that would be it. They'll keep the 3 teens and a few adults in the background--maybe even a teen or two as the main 3's friends--as they have in previous series. Maybe they'll have a human villian or two like TFA.

Besides, as a rule, we don't like the human characters anyway..doubtful they'd add more humans when we're raging for more bots. (yes, I'm kidding..but you know it's true) :D 

14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    This isn't The Highlander or anything, characters with similar occupations are allowed to exist in the same show.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Why? It's actually a workable excuse as to why Jack's mother isn't home for most of the day (she's off at her job, may it be at a hospital or nursing home). What would you want her to be, a flight attendant?

Okay, you SERIOUSLY need that brain-to-mouth filter. Not every "similarity" between two otherwise different things is a potential story element. I implore you; think about what you are going to post BEFORE you post it.

16. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Brain-to-mouth filter? Pleeease! This is a Transformers forum! A TRANSFORMERS FORUM not some "NASA The Meteor's Gonna Hit Us What Are We Gonna Do" real-world seriousness. This is a free country and a free forum.

I'm NOT saying there is GOING to be any connection between June and Ratchet just because she's wearing scrubs and appears to be a nurse or doctor. I'm merely suggesting the POSSIBILITY. What's wrong with me speculating about what might appear in the future for TFP? Everyone else does so why can't I? I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm merely suggesting a possibility and some people are getting bent out of shape over something on a forum that's supposed to be fun and not serious.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

You made a thread about what you thought the possibility of TF: P having "hanky panky" because you were appaled at a kindergarden book that featured mating hampsters and feared that somehow would suddenly put adult content in a kids cartoon that has nothing to do with hampsters or "hanky panky" but instead is about robots blowing the **** out of each other. And then there was the idea about Arcee and Avatar's Neyitri somehow being related in some way.

I respect your right to post possibilities for the show, but you tend to make a lot of guesses every time one of those "possibilites" show up.

18. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

Again I'm not saying anything is for sure going to happen. I'm just stating possibilities. And again, I found the depiction of hamster mating in a book for small children to be disturbing. I've seen cartoons allow for more and more adult mentionings over the years. Beast Wars is a perfect example even if what was stated in that show was subtle. Again, I'm just stating possibilities. How TFP is going to turn out is anybody's guess. For all we know, there could be a depression on the horizon and we may never see more than 1 season of Prime if the economy collapses and nobody can afford to buy TF toys anymore or food for that matter. Anything can happen.

19. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Did you also find it strange that Animated featured not only an autobot who turned into a police cycle, but also a police chief too? I know, mindblowing.

20. Spunky

Spunky Well-Known Member

You're right. Actually, I don't like the idea of June Darby being a main character knowing about the Autobots' existence. So hopefully they don't pair her with Ratchet. But when I saw those scrubs she was wearing, I wondered. But you never know what they are going to do in TFP. The police chief never got paired with Prowl, but he knew of the Autobots' existence (as did everyone else) and was a main character unlike June Darby at this point. Again, I don't want June being a main character in the future, let alone getting paired with a bot.