More accents in the 3rd game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Autoboticon, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Autoboticon

Autoboticon I Know...I'm Awesome.

so if in the third game there are more new characters, what accents do you want them to have

for me i would really want blitzwing to be german again, it just suits him

or do people not want more accents? post your thoughts.

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As long as they have distinct any clear voices I don't care.

3. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

The accents given to Transformers in recent years have been great fun, I really hope many of them, like German Blitzwing, Italian Mirage and Russian Jetstorm become recurring things. Also, Outback needs to make an appearance, and then have an Aussie-ism off against Cybertron Jetfire.

4. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish they'd give Soundwave one. His voice just isn't working. It is so hard to hear what he's saying:( 

5. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    It is? I find it really easy to understand him and I dont know how a accent will help wouldnt that just make soundwave even harder to understand?

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I'd prefer more personalities first.

WFC/FOC reminds me of Aaron Archer's (Pretty sure it was him) statement on TF Cybertron where they gave all the robots different accents because they're personalities were so interchangable they needed some distinction.

7. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You stay the hell away from Soundwave. This is the only proper sounding Wave in existence anymore.

8. Autoboticon

Autoboticon I Know...I'm Awesome.

completley agree with you

9. Glass_of_water

Glass_of_water Well-Known Member

i'm not a fan of accents really cause too often they sound kinda lame and steriotyped. generic american accent works for me so long as they have an interesting sounding voice, unlike most of the dudes in foc that sound way too similar. the one that confuses me most was vortex, the first two or so words he says i'm sure sound way more interesting than the rest when he just sorta starts sounding like blastoff.

10. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

accents worked in the 80's, and early 90's, because it was the 80's and 90's.

and the cartoons back then were cheesy. and the games were voiced cheesily too. so the accents helped make it more fun.

however these days accents don't really work, with out being a stereotype.

unless you're going to get a voice actor/actress with an accent, then they should just avoid it all together, in games, or movies, and cartoons.

it only works if it is ACTUALLY the actor's voice, and not just some actor pretending to be german, or what ever.

but with that said. blitzwing being voiced by the guy who did the voices in animated, would be fun, for blitzwing. either the arnold, or the calm one would be great.

so i guess there are some exceptions to that rule, sometimes a fake accent is fun. i mean it was fun with blitzwing :lol 

BUT i don't think having the gimmick of all three of them would work in video game form.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't know about that. An actor that puts effort into his/her part and does so with passion can be very believable and like able. It's no wonder Corey Burton's Shockwave is liked by so many or why HMS still has Ironhide sounding very much like a Texan now. G1 had some really good voices, many of which fans can still hear in their heads to this day.

I hope HMS has Wheeljack talking like a New Yorker when his time comes. He just isn't the same when he's not. ...still wish Ratchet sounded like Pappa Smurf:( 

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Maybe. I sometimes get a good laugh at all the over the top accents Americans do. If they put in a Japanese dude, an Australian dude and maybe a hillbilly, it would keep me entertained.

13. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I'm okay with it, as long as the accent is not the full extent of their personality.

Like Jetfire, he's got a bit of a British accent on the go, iirc, and it's not like he's a walking bucket of UK stereotypes.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You want to hear someone with a Japanese accent (which would have to be heavy on the Japanese side to work) to speak English? :lol  Cries of racism would be come from left, right and center in seconds. Somethings you just don't do...

Some groups have been made fun of so much that it is seen as offensive my many and these groups as well. None of my British friends take offense to anyone trying to imitate a British accents, Americans don't either (well, when it is the generic American one anyway).