Monzo's Mega Hasbro Customer Service Listing Breakdown

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Monzo, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Monzo

Monzo Weirdest Fan Experience

News Credits:
    *knucklecrack*

So when the story of the G.I. Joe fandom finding stuff in Hasbro's customer service listing broke, I backtracked the guy's findings and began playing around with the interface. It turned out that the site's Javascript somehow appended a hidden text list onto the customer service page whenever you loaded a listing, and if you went to View->Page Style->No Style in Firefox, you could see all those loaded listings at once. Before the listings were disabled, I viewed as many of them as I could (before tedium-based insanity triggered) and copy/pasted the listings into a Word doc.

326 pages.

Copied those into another doc and pared them down to 16. Here are my findings, with annotations.

Apparently previously-unknown redeco/retools of the TF Crossover Hulk tank as Hulkbuster Iron Man, the unreleased War Machine APC combiner as Iron Man himself, and the unreleased Iron Man motorcycle combiner as Captain America.

Apparently TF4-based customizable Kreons, in the style of the Bumblebee/Optimus/Starscream/etc ones that are out now.

Apparently more customizable Kreons.

Apparently TF4-based Kre-O sets and Micro Changers.

Unreleased Beast Hunters Kre-O set, perhaps?

Based on later materials, another TF4 Kre-O set.

There were no released 3" Titanium Series figures of Cheetor, Ironhide, or War Within Megatron. I'm not sure if the second Jazz listing meant they were considering a G1-style Jazz or if it's just a duplicate of the Alternators listing.

TF4 products.

Activators were spring-loaded Transformers: Animated figures; we never got ones for Hot Shot and Rodimus. Animated Optimus Prime had a piece of merchandise that changed from his truck mode to a hand with a gun in it; a version for Megatron was never released. Deluxe Animated Hot Shot didn't make it to the tooling stage; no idea on TBD #2 or "Animated Deluxe Animated Cybertron Bumblebee" (???).

Dunno.

These entries are spread around the listing; bringing them together for convenience. No idea. When was the last time we got a deluxe Frenzy...?

TF4 products whose entries are scattered through the listings, brought together for convenience. Probably like the Polar Battle Bear/Rockslide pack that was at Target for the first G.I. Joe movie.

TF4 product.

A lot of TF4-related Construct Bots product, but some Beast Hunters, too.

Listings immediately right after one another. Hm...

TakaraTomy listings for DOTM Human Alliance product. The released toys came with generic NEST operatives instead of Lennox and Epps.

TF4 stuff.

Ultimate Optimus Prime was the DOTM one, yeah? Uh...

Generations Legends listing 1. Includes Nemesis Prime, which the other doesn't.

The trouser-shattering.

More TF4 stuff, presumably.

No idea.

More TF4 stuff.

Wait, more MMOG stuff? Including Thundertron? The Star Seekers WERE supposed to be in that Chinese MMO(G)... maybe they were some kind of planned tie-in product...? The Prime Voyager Powerizer Thundertron and Ultra Magnus are listed elsewhere, although I guess it's possible they're duplicate entries (which there are for a few products).

Trans4mers.

The All Star range was supposed to be a DOTM follow-up with black Soundwave, G1-headed Wheeljack, Bumblebee and a G1-colors Ratchet. We'd never heard of any Voyagers planned for it, which I assume the Megs and OP here are; a deluxe Optimus with trailer (presumably the Ultra Optimus here) is the only piece that came out.

An actual product listing for an ROTF Human Alliance Ironhide? Huh.

Not sure if these are actually related. The Ice Cream Truck/Excavator set was the TRU Twins/White Demolishor set, but... Dead End and Tracks? A scrapped exclusive, maybe? There was an ROTF Dead End, and an obvious Corvette in Sideswipe...

Neither HA Leadfoot or Roadbuster came with movie characters, so Epps' inclusion is different.

Presumably that 3-pack that BBTS briefly solicited, which was then canned.

oh my god so much TF4 product

Huh. Well that's new!

I have no idea.

TF: Prime Titan Guardians/Warriors too? Huh.

Hurray! / What?

Some of these are ROTF, some of these are goldbox, some are the imported Generations from China... and some I don't recognize, like Bludgeon. Thoughts are welcome.

A bunch of normal Universe products, some WM exclusives that were shifted to Movie 1 on release (Big Daddy, Divebomb, Grindcore, Jolt)... and then the weirdos in bold. Universe Deluxe Skybyte-?!

Transformers Angry Birds. Transformers Angry Birds. Ay-yi-yi...

Some canned Speed Stars/Dark of the Moon product. Skullgrin? Huh.

Something called "Battle Master", listed separately from TFs as a whole.

... Angry Birds Transformers Jenga. Well then.

Bunch of weird stuff here...

oh my god

oh my god

IT'S HIM

[​IMG]

THIS DUDE I NEVER GOT THE NAME OF FROM TOY FAIR 2013!

HE'S ROM!

... other stuff.

To my eternal shame, I didn't manage to grab the Rescue Bots listings before they disappeared, but looking at my random pastes from yesterday, they included the oddly-named "Bumblebee and Scrapmaster", Dino Heatwave and Dino Blades, a figure 2-pack with a MorBot, Rubble the Haul-Bot, and... and Optimus Primal, including a listing for an Optimus Primal mask.

agh me why didn't you grab those

2. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaang!

3. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Banned

News Credits:
    Rescue Bots Optimus Primal? Huh what?

4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very nice!!

5. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Primal is in Rescue Bots a dream come true.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    God damn, it hurts reading about more cancelled Transformers Animated stuff. Activators Rodimus and Hot Shot? Cybertronian Deluxe Bumblebee?!?!? Can you imagine the repaint/remold potential for that mold? If it had come out TFCC could have milked it for YEARS.

Damn. Just... damn.

7. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Man oh man oh man oh man..... where the **** do I get all this money from?

8. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Wowzers

9. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

>Legends Nemesis and Thundercracker

oh god yes

So much goodness in that listing. And Prime Breakdown?! Madness. I kind of wonder if the "Megatron Sentinel" is supposed to be Unicron-enhanced Megatron from Predacons Rising...

10. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Whoa - someone at Hasbro actually remembered they own ROM.

And I wouldn't be surprised if the BH Breakdown/Air Vehicon are upscaled Cyberverse.

11. edgs2099

News Credits:
    Unless you like the idea of the upsized legends/commanders, I wouldn't get too excited.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Predaking is a new mold, so Breakdown probably is too. They aren't going to upscale a dinky Cyberverse Legion figure to an-extra large Voyager. Deluxe, yeah, but not Voyager.

The legions are being upsized to deluxes, not voyagers. Voyager Optimus is an upscaled commander. Voyager Predaking is a brand new mold.

13. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If you go into the systems and break down shit by codes and whatnot, there really isn't as much TF4 product as it seems, as a lot of "Rocky" codenames can be matched to actual TF4 characters that are also listed.

Ivan = Grimlock
    Bruce = Drift
    Max = Lockdown
    Duke = Hound
    Rocky = Dinobot Slash
    Southpaw = Scorn
    Thunderlips = Dinobot Slug
    Adrian = Galvatron
    Paulie = Strafe

We're looking at about 12 Deluxes, 6 Voyagers, 2 Leaders and 8 Cyberverse dudes from just what's been revealed/leaked so far.

But none of that fucking matters. ROM. THE GODDAMN. SPACE KNIGHT.

14. edgs2099

News Credits:
    I doubt your statement, but time will tell.

15. Spark Extractor

Spark Extractor Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These two would be really nice (if they aren't too beast hunter crazy).

TRA PRIME DELUX BEAST HUNTER AIR VEHICON A4696
    TRA PRIME VOYAGER BEAST HUNTER BREAKDOWN A4703

Does anyone know about the A78xx numbers on figure listings. By that I mean, if they are consecutive numbers, does that mean they are released together? If so, this would be one kick ass assortment.

TRA GENERATIONS DLX ARCEE A7800
    TRA GENERATIONS DLX CHROMIA A7801
    TRA GENERATIONS DLX JHIAXUS A7802
    TRA GENERATIONS DLX FANS CHOICE A7803

16. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    They've got Fans Choice/Windblade in the listings. The fan vote just took place this summer, right? So when is Windblade supposed to be out? Not until late 2014 or sometime in 2015, right?

Hmmm.... perhaps that does still mean the new Generations listings are for more distant future product after the movie lines. :/

Repaints speculation:
    Deluxe Hardhead, presumably a repaint/remold of Warpath with the alternate head
    Legends Gears, presumably a repaint/remold of Swerve
    Legends Nemesis Prime with Spinister, presumably a repaint of Optimus Prime & Blazemaster (Yay! They can split the Legends & the little TM dudes)
    Legends Cliffjumper, presumably a repaint/remold of Bumblebee.... perhaps with a repaint of Roller?
    Legends Thundercracker with Venin, presumably a repaint of Starscream....with Waspinator in the colors of G1 Deluxe Insecticon Venom???

17. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Wow.

18. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    and hasbro usually sends out deluxes with 4 to a wave and voyagers usually 3 to a wave. Leaders 1 a wave usually.

so we may only be looking at waves 1-3 for deluxes, waves 1-2 for voyagers and wave 1 or waves 1-2 for leaders.

i dont really care for the cyberverse so lol

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    She's 2014. The last of the 30 numbered "thrilling 30" toys.

20. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread should be required reading for any conversing on the subject of these releases. Thanks for all the hard work, Monzo.

I want to cry, but there aren't enough tears.

UM but there's at least a chance the Breakdown is something cool, it's a Voyager. I don't care if the transformation is simpler than whatever the AM had, but the Legion figure itself's joints are unacceptable at any larger size.

Also hopefully it's "battle damaged" like Cylas (who actually appeared in Beast Hunters) and not the G2 deco his Beast Hunters Legion release had.