Monster Quest.. anyone watch this show?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Dec 11, 2009.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good lord is this show stupid at times. Love how they NEVER find any conclusive proof...EVER!!

Like one I watched recently they investigate "flying humanoids". Watching the video it looks like some inflatable man or balloons flying around and people are convinced it is aliens or some unknown creature. Also they investigate an unknown little creature body. One look at it and looks like some mutant little tiny monkey. DNA came to the conclusion it was some unknown or evolutionary species.. I still say deformed monkey.

I can sit there and say a logical explanation for most every one of the eyewitness accounts. Like one I saw was in search of a Sasquatch like creature. One witness was a guy who saw it on a family trip as a kid. He woke up in the middle of the night and looked out and saw it. Easy to explain. He was 8-9ish. Dark plays tricks on your mind especially kids. He dreamed the whole thing or his child mind exaggerated what he saw. Another in the same episode a guy was hunting for it and laid a trap. He fell asleep and woke up to the creature taking the bait. He saw it face to face and before he could react to killing or capturing the creature it was gone. The guy fell asleep. He woke up, was obviously groggy and wasn't in full presence of mind. He had a waking dream like state.

I love how they try to hype up a discovery on the game cameras the left in the woods or something. Then when they show it it is something like a bear or two squirrels doing it.

2. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I think Destination Proof has found more evidence, than these guys have. I watch the show, because I'm interested in cryptids. But, it can be hard to take seriously, sometimes. It's still not as Biased as History's UFO Hunters, or Nat Geo's Is It Real.

Personally, I find Lost Tapes on Animal Planet to be fairly entertaining. There's really no pretense that what you see on that show is actually real, but the Blair Witch approach just seems to work. Except for the alien episode. That one was just stupid.

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Lost Tapes is far better than MonsterQuest.
    it is actually kinda scary at times. The sea monster episode with the girl sailing around the world alone was one. and it has its humor. The researchers looking for the swamp beast with the voodoo/black Cajun dude and when hell breaks loose you see the prudish chick was getting her Bayou Boogie on.

Just for April Fool's Day or an Easter Egg on a DVD set, they should do a fake episode where they look for either green cheese on the moon or Pluto on Pluto.

"MonsterQuest wasted 3 years getting to Pluto and after infighting and cannabilism, could not locate a single animated dog or a dog, period. Fuck it, I quit. Not narrating this garbage anymore...puts me to sleep."

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only two episodes I found interesting was the one about the flying rods and the Jersey Devil.

5. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

Meh, MysteryQuest > MonsterQuest. At least on MysteryQuest they ocasionally discover new stuff about the subject they are talking about.