Monster Hunter the Novel

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by tf7, Oct 6, 2009.

1. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, first thing's first. If this is posted in the wrong place, mods, please remove this. I know the Transformers Fan Fic forum is for TRANSFORMERS fan fics, but still, it was the best place i could find fitting to put this in. Or should I not even post this on this website?
    Anyways, a friend of mind has requested a Monster Hunter fan fic for the game Monster Hunter and its continuities. I'm playing that game as well, so I thought, what the heck. Might as well cave in and do this while continuing my 'The Bludgeon of Vector Sigma' fan fic. Don't worry, I'm still doing that one, it's just that I'm focusing on this one a bit more, cuz my friend needs it real bad, and I might as well post this up for the world to see.
    Now, on to my fan fic :

Chapter one

The Trainee part 1

The sun peeked out of the horizon, slowly but surely rising up to occupy much space in the sky. As dawn slowly became over, the sun’s rays shone brightly, engulfing the world it looks upon. It shone, brighter than any gem, or any light. Brighter than any flames, or any torch. It was the most natural light source. The mightiest, brightest light source. Ever. It looked upon the planet Earth, its bright, gleaming smile unseen by the tiny, insignificant beings of the world.

It made no sound as birds of the air whirled across the lit sky, chirping as they went. It made no sound when nothing on the planet seemed to appreciate its light. It made no sound, even when the beings howled and growled vigorously in each their own language when it gave drought upon the unappreciative world. It just rose from the sky at one direction, giving light, and left the sky at another, taking its light with it. Day after day was the same routine. It was ever silent, ever quiet.

It made no sound.

Clangs of steel were heard through the air. As morning broke, so did the sword of Jake Connor. Currently eighteen, Jake was a fine young man, with dark brown hair growing on the top of his head, and a tanned, slightly dark, skin tone. He was a muscular teenager, with the skills to prove it. Jake sighed as he looked at the fifth sword he broke that week. Instead of being in despair, he chuckled. Its blade had chipped off, and was now struck vertically into the ground.

“Go get it,” said the man in front of him. That was Master Henry, Connor’s trainer and beloved uncle. He was an old man, around the age of fifty-five, and had moves like a thirty year old. Listening to his master’s orders, Jake jumped off of the log that he and Henry were practicing fighting on and grabbed the tip of the blade. “That’s the fifth one this week,” Henry said, with a hoarse tone to his voice. “You gonna’ learn or not?”

“I can’t learn if you keep beating me in each fight, uncle,” Connor said, with humor in his voice. This time, Henry laughed out loud. “Do you know why I retired from being a hunter?”

“Why? Cuz dad was the new craze?”

“Nah!” he snorted. “It’s because I was forced into retirement by the most fearsome creature of all!”

“What’s that?”

“It was a wyvern,” Henry said.

“Of course it was a wyvern,” Jake said, jumping back up onto the log. What was a wyvern you might ask? Well, wyverns were these big, horrible reptilian creatures with forelimbs that turned into wings through evolution, and hind legs that were so powerful, most wyverns ran around on them, while others preferred walking on all fours. A wyvern was a term to describe a group of species of animals, and wasn’t just one. “What type?”

“It was the Rathalos,” Henry replied.

2. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

The Trainee part 2

“What’s that? Never heard of that species.”

“He’s called the king of wyverns, so named because he is the most powerful wyvern ever to exist. Feared by most hunters, while revered by others. Me? I hate that giant bastard. Blew me into a ball of walking fire, he did.”

“It can breath fire?”

“Yes. He can. He is part of the subspecies known as Fire-wyverns. Very few are categorized in that subspecies, though, cuz most wyverns that breath fire actually acquire their flaming breath from the food they eat, like some types of toadstools and mushrooms.”

“What do you mean ‘mushrooms’? You mean there are herbivorous ones?” Jake asked, regaining his balance on the log as he indulged in the facts his trainer was giving to him.
    “No. Most wyverns are omnivorous, which means they eat both plants and animals. Only a few are herbivorous, and most aren’t even classified as wyverns. But the Rathalos? No. He eats mainly meat. Only meat.”

“Why do you call it a he? It’s a guy?”

“Yeah, and the one that got me? He was the last of his species. When he got me, he was still young, but probably, now, he is already grown up. They have the longest known life spans of any wyvern, about twice as long as ours.”

“So there are no female Rathalos?”

“No. Those are called Rathian, and they are comparatively smaller, duller coloring, and weaker in general. And there are a few more remaining in the wild. They are called the queen of wyverns, compared to the ‘king’ of the Rathalos, and they patrol the grounds, mostly living on land. But the Rathalos, they fly. They migrate. No idea where a beast like that could fly to. They can suspend themselves in the air for weeks at a time, relying only on the wind to bring them to their desired spot.”

“So is there any possibilities that the Rathalos might come here? To Pokke Village?”

“Unlikely, but…” Henry felt a cold chill down his spine at the thought, “not impossible.”

He cleared his mind. He was supposed to train his brother’s son, not get distracted by past happenings. Or what could happen. “Anyways, back to your training. Your father expects you to be the best hunter this town has ever gotten when he slips into retirement!”

“Yeah,” Jake shrugged, “I guess.” His father had always wanted him to be the next hunter. It was actually a tradition, passed down by his family. Brothers and sisters alike would work together, going out to hunt as soon as their parents pass away. And Jake was the only one of his generation in his family. He was the only son, and his father was the youngest of his uncles and aunts, and was the only one that hasn’t retired.

He wiped his forehead. Man, the day was getting hotter. He squinted his eyes at the sight of the sun. The glaring sun. Then he remembered his blade. “I need another new sword.”

Henry sighed. “Sure.” He jumped off the log and walked off to a big, heavy box nearby, opened the lid, and took out a sword exactly like the one Jake broke. “Take good care of this. Practice weapons don’t keep replenishing, know that?”

Connor just nodded and took the handle of the sword. “I’m ready,” he said, as his trainer jumped up on the narrow log. Then they started fighting. Swift whirls and swirls of the two blades left the untrained eye blurred, but in fact, they were going considerably slow for Henry’s pace. Still, they continued, and the sound of clashing metal echoed across the small, sand filled arena.

3. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love this Game!!!!!!

Love the story keep it up

4. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

The Village part 1

Outside the arena, the little village known as Pokke was bustling. Villagers walked across the road to shops for groceries, while others just talked at the roadside. Children ran around with lollipops or candy in their hands, occasionally a balloon or nothing at all. Merchants walked in and out of the village, dragging their herbivorous, cow-like creatures around to heave things. These hairy creatures, with no visible eyes sticking out of the thick fur, and their elephantine structure, were called Popos, and were bred by people for their meat, their skin, and their tusks. Giant tusks, that could rise ten feet in the air in most cases. They were also bred to heave heavy things around, as shown by one merchant walking across the road as he tugged his Popo along, its back carrying all sorts of medicine-filled jars and money-laden rice bags. The sound of churning water was also heard, as the village sported a giant pool filled with water and with people that were splashing around for fun. There, people enjoyed their swims as children dipped in and splashed out constantly in games. Also, the pool sported a little man-made waterfall that had water splashing out from it every moment.

Pokke Village was a sight to see, even if it was a small town. It was a village built on the side of a hill, where snow came trickling down most of the time at winter, and where the weather was always mainly cold. There was only one entrance, where the other far end of the village ended in a cliff that was lined up with precaution metal fences. The entrance was big, big enough for merchants and their huge Popos to go in and out all day. But all of this activity was not left alone. It was monitored, by the village chief. She was a stout old lady, kind and wise, a perfect chief for the village. She stood there at the entrance, day after day, dressed in her rattan cape and fur coat as she kept warm through the fireplace she sat by. She was ever vigilant, just in case any unknown merchant came barging in the village. But she was also very calm, since the village was in a quite remote place, up in the hills, where most people didn’t like going to.

Then she saw someone striding uphill, with a glistening set of impressive armor, and a cat-like creature, humanoid in stance, dressed in a similar armor walking beside him. There was no doubt she knew who he was.

Jake’s father.

As he arrived, he immediately smiled and greeted the village chief in respect, and then walked in. Throughout the village, people, young and old, turned heads to welcome the hunter. Some took deep breaths, while others just stared in honor to the man. O, the old ones knew how his family, and he himself, saved the village from all sorts of dangerous creatures. They were grateful for the man, and still were. He was a big time celebrity in the village, and everybody knew him.

5. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

The Village part 2

Inside the arena, the fight continued, as the two of them battled, blade clashing into blade. Swift maneuvers were key to practice, and Jake made it look like he got it in control. He was catching up to his uncle’s speed now, attacking faster and was more alert overall. “You’re doing good,” Henry said, now panting out loud. Training Jake like this really made him tired. After all, he was old. “Thanks!” Jake said, being careful as ever to watch his uncle’s moves as he struck. Then came the sudden voice, “Hey, guys! Still training?”

As Henry stopped his actions, so did Jake as he left his sword tumbling onto the ground while he leapt off of the log. Out of breath and panting, he walked over to his father. “When did you arrive?” Jake asked.

“Just a few minutes ago,” Jake’s father said. “Still training hard as I can see.”

“Yup,” Connor said, dropping down onto the ground to greet the little cat-like humanoid that wore a full set of armor. Jake knew what it was. It was a Felyne, a species of humanoid creatures that stood two feet tall at most, and their large, black eyes were irresistibly cute. Felynes came from the forests, Jake knew, and they were one of the smartest creatures ever to walk on Earth, even developing the skill to speak English. Some Felynes go to villages to find for jobs, like cooking, crafting, farming, mining, fishing, or even accompanying hunters like the one Jake was looking at right now.
    “How you doing, George?” Jake asked, tapping the top of the metal helmet.

“Could’ve been better,” the Felyne replied. “I’ve been stung like a gazillion times by those giant bugs out in the field. I mean, what do they want!? I was just out there trying to get some mushrooms for dinner!”

“He’s talking about Vespoids,” Jake’s father told him. “Damn annoying, they are.”

“So, training’s done, for now,” Henry patted Jake on the back as he got back up.

“Okay, thanks bro,” Jake’s father said, “C’mon, let’s go.”

The four of them walked away slowly, towards the doorway and out of the main training hall of the arena.

6. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

The Tower part 1

The sky was brighter than ever, and gulls could be seen flying across it. The sea of green below was filled with the unknown, but there was nothing unknown about being high up in the clouds. The watch tower towered over the forests, reaching up high in the sky, high into the clouds. It needed to be that high, if it were to look out for potentially dangerous things.

But Ed Novas sat on his bench, relaxed as his entire body was high up in the clouds. The altitude was not terrifying to him. At least not since he first started his job. He was very relaxed, since there wasn’t any threat around the area for months now. The air was lacking oxygen, and would’ve suffocated first timers, but Ed had trained to breath in air like this before he signed up for the job. He was reading a book, his sunglasses being way too big for his face. He positioned it as it slacked down, trying to keep it balanced on the crown of his nose.

Suddenly, one of the other watchers shouted, “Emergency! Emergency!” Ed sighed and closed his book before getting up from where he sat. He walked to the watcher. “Haven’t I told you for a thousand times not to scream those words unless they were really emergencies?”

The watcher didn’t answer, instead shoving a pair of binoculars into Novas’ hands. Ed sighed again. What was it this time? Another gull mistaken for a wyvern. He peered into the lens and looked down into the sky. “Not there!” the worker exclaimed. “Up in the sky!” So Ed followed, looking into the white clouds. There was nothing but silver tufts that lined the sky. Nothing.

And then he saw it. The majestic creature had spread its giant wingspan far and wide, and its long tail, bony and tipped with thorns around its side, tapered to the back. Its long neck held onto a large, intimidating head with a pair of fearsome jaws. Ed could see it clearly.

“Oh shit,” Novas said.

Turning around, he tossed the binoculars into the man’s hands, and turned his attention to the predictor of wind, shaped as an arrow. Normally it swung wildly, but this time, the wind only headed in one direction. “South,” Ed said, and wrenched the binoculars back. He observed from the tower, and realized that the wind direction headed towards the large, majestic snow covered mountain far away. Then it struck him. “There’s only one village there. Pokke.”

Then he turned back to the man and put the binoculars into his hands yet again. “Call the chief of Pokke village. I want her informed and evacuate the entire town. Now!”
    Nodding, the man then muttered a faint, “Yes sir,” and left. Ed looked at the faint shape in between the clouds for the final time, without any binoculars. “Dear God help us.”

7. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

The Tower part 2

The village was in panic. Villagers fled, and most were screaming out loud. Children cried as they ran, and adults tagged along side them, holding their hands in a rush to escape from the village. The village chief sighed. She had seen stuff like this happen before, but not at such a large scale. The village had been evacuated from all sorts of wyverns, and in some cases, they weren’t even interested in hunting them. But the Rathalos was different, she knew. It only follows the wind when it takes it to where it desires. And this time, the wind was bringing it to the village. Rathalos also fed on humans, knowing them as weaker, feebler beings that are easy targets all the time. If it doesn’t have anything else in the area that it wants, that is bigger and as weak as a human, it’ll take a human. And currently Popos weren’t anywhere in sight in the village.

Ever since one of the workers at the watchtower east of the village rang up, she had rushed to inform the entire town. Now, it was in a mess. Shopkeepers left their shops, villagers left their homes, and homeless merchants scrambled onto their Popos toward escape.

The foursome appeared from the entrance of the arena, only to see the frantic patterns of running performed by the villagers. Jake’s father puffed, walking to the village chief. “What the hell is going on?”

“I have received information from the sector fourteen watch tower that a Rathalos has been spotted heading this way,” she spoke as soft as possible, but immediately Henry, at the other end of the road together with George and Jake, heard it.

“Rathalos,” Henry shrugged at the thought of it.

“What is it?” Jake proved his lack of hearing sensitivity.

“It’s the Rathalos,” Henry replied, his words coming out slowly and clearly, but it didn’t seem intentional. “We’re all doomed.”

“We all gonna’ die, aren’t we?” the Felyne looked up at Henry, who was looking away, focusing his attention at his brother who was talking with the village chief. All Henry could hear was little whoa’s, yeses and oh’s of his brother’s voice. What the village chief was telling him was completely too soft to hear. Then he walked back to the other side of the road to Henry, Jake and George. “So, uh, I need all of you guys to leave, kay? Henry, take Jake outta’ here. George, you can go too.”

“No frickin’ way,” George said, “I ain’t leavin’ you now!”

“Yeah,” Henry added, “I am not letting my brother face the Rathalos alone.”

“But someone has to take Jake outta’ here!”

“I’m not leaving either!” Jake suddenly said stubbornly, “All that training. Everything. I’m at least staying to back you up, dad!”

His father sighed knowingly. “Fine. But we have to repel the Rathalos in any way possible.”

“That bastard ain’t eating me up!” Henry said.

“Keep in mind, this is a dangerous wyvern. More dangerous than any wyvern you’ve ever faced,” the village chief said, walking over. Her voice echoed across the village. Looking around, Jake saw that the village was already empty. Everybody had left. “We’re all alone,” he muttered silently, with a hint of fright in his voice.

“Now you wish you were gone with the rest?” Henry said.

“Yeah,” Jake replied nervously.

8. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

The Tower part 3

Ed Novas stood at the tower, binoculars over his eyes, phone at his ear. He spotted the beast, and his eyes followed it through the sky. “It’s getting closer,” he muttered into the phone. At the other line was the village chief of Pokke, and she was receiving information about the whereabouts of the wyvern.

The giant creature flapped its wings in a sudden jolt as he picked up speed. It was closing in on the mountain now, and was starting to circle the area. “It should be right on top of you,” Ed Novas said.

Back at the village, the village chief turned off her phone and kept it into her pocket. Then, she signaled the foursome to look up. Sure enough, high up in the sky, the large shadowed shape appeared from the mist. It circled on top of them. Jake could see the dark underbelly and the huge, majestic wingspan of the Rathalos. Its shadow covered them, and it started becoming smaller and smaller. Then it struck him.

“He’s coming down,” Jake took in a long, deep breath and retraced his steps slowly. “Son!” said his father. Jake turned around, only to have his father throw a long sword at him. He caught it by the scaly handle, and looked back at his father. “Use it, son!”

Jake nodded, and wielded the blade. It felt heavier than any practice weapon he’d held before, and was certainly much longer. Its blade glistened under the sun.
    His father stepped forward, with George close behind, and the Rathalos lowered down even more. The wings that were flushed out from under its flapping winds hit Jake’s father in the face. George’s lightweight body was knocked over as the wind blew the Felyne away. Screeches were heard from the cat-like humanoid, and he bounced into Henry’s hands. Then Jake’s father drew out his sword. A long, majestic sword, its blade tipped with razor sharp spikes.

Then suddenly, the Rathalos plummeted the rest of its way downward. Its giant foot smashed into Jake’s father, who shouted in pain as the claws dug in through his armor into his flesh. His weapon of choice had bounced away from his hand, clinking on the bare ground. From afar, he could see the blurred images of his son, his father, the village chief and his Felyne companion shouting at the top of their voices in fright. But the image in his eyes were blurred all right. He felt the warm blood spewing under his armor, and then he felt dizziness.

Nausea. The pain slowly died down, and his will to live slowly decreased. He was helpless. Hopeless. Weak, and possibly poisoned. He felt his face burning hot, and then his entire body began to swell. The Rathalos’s head then slowly lowered, jaws open wide as it reached down towards its victim’s head.

9. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

Death of a Legend Part 1

It all happened so fast. Jake could hardly remember what happened after the creature decapitated his father. All he remembered was that he was knocked back by the wind that was caused by one of the creature’s giant flapping wings, relieving him of his handheld weapon, and when he got back up, the creature was gone, leaving behind the bloody body of his father. And now, he was sobbing, his entire body laid on his father’s armor as he dropped down on his knees. His father. One of the greatest men he had ever known. Gone.

He wailed, his tears flowing through his father’s armor into the swelled and bloodied skin below. He was eighteen, yet unashamed to cry tears of sorrow. Unashamed to weep on his father’s death. Beside him, George dropped on his knees, removing his helmet and putting it on his master’s stomach with grief. It was all too late. Even Henry couldn’t resist to watch. He stood by the corner together with the village chief, and the two of them looked on in sorrow.

The candles were lit, one in front of another as the flames whistled with the wind. On the ground, the dappled dried leaves rustled as more beautiful orange leaves dropped from the trees that covered the lawn. The coffin stood in the centre of the lawn, unmoving as a group of villagers, wearing dark clothes, stood moping. In front of the group, four of the deceased man’s most special people stood, grieving. Jake looked at the floor, at the dead leaves. He didn’t even raise his head once. Not even to respond to his uncle’s friendly nudge. Henry, George and the village chief were in great sorrow, in great sadness. But none could compare to how sad Jake was. He stood there, still in complete shock that his father had died. He was trying to accept it. To accept fate. But he couldn’t.

He just couldn’t do it.

With a deep sigh, he blinked back his tears and looked up, towards the coffin. “He was a great man. An honorable father,” he said, and walked towards the coffin. The people all around him, some whispering while others gossiping, stood silent as Jake sheathed out a long, great, sword. The one that his father had given to him at the day of his death. As more tears flowed down his cheeks, he dropped onto one knee, lowered his head and placed the sword on the top of the coffin.

The people were still silent. Ever humble as they watched. More leaves fell, but they seemed to go at a different direction. Downstream. So, with a heavy heart, he nodded to two strongly built, muscular men, who started dragging the coffin along the ground towards water, where it slowly flowed away. Towards somewhere that can never be found by any mere humans. Towards happiness.

The teenager rubbed his eyes, watching his father leave him. He knew, deep in his heart, even though his old man was no more, he would always be in his heart.

10. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

Death of a legend part 2

The bushes rustled. A tiny striped lizard, a skink, crawled through the underbrush, finding for prey. A creature its size would usually feed on small insects. It scampered along, its smooth, vibrant, bluish-grey overlapping scales made it look almost amphibian-like. But it was a reptile. No doubt about it. If it was an amphibian, it wouldn’t be thriving in such a humid and hot place as the forest, let alone living on land.

The bushes rustled again. This time it seemed like it was much closer to the skink. It glanced around, its black, beady eyes scanning its surroundings. But seriously, what could it see from such a low level? Mostly dead leaves scattered on the forest floor, or even approaching bugs. A long pink tongue lashed in and out of its mouth, its tip ending with a fork-like shape. The lizard was wary. It waited. There wasn’t any more rustling for a long while, so it continued its search for food.

It sped past low growing grass, travelling on its four legs as it crawled. It could smell a foul smell that could only be emitted by a special species of moth. It could smell its upcoming meal. Crawling, it headed towards the smell. The strong, pungent and somewhat acidic smell of the moth. It kept walking, not caring about stealth since it didn’t even know where the moth was anyways. Even if it was up a tree, the skink would climb up to grab it, kill it, and enjoy its meal.

The smell was stronger with each stride he took. Even through the tall grass, the lizard could barely see the stem of flower that was in front of him. And on top of that was the moth. It licked its lips, ready for the kill, when suddenly, large, flabby lips collapsed around the flower and wrenched it from the ground, uprooting it together with the moth. The lizard’s prey disappeared into the jaws of the giant creature, and it blinked in surprised.

The moth and the flower was carried in the mouth of a gigantic herbivorous creature. It chewed slowly, not noticing that it just ate something it shouldn’t. Its scaly, almost reptilian, skin dotted its entire body as it walked away. It walked on all four of its elephantine feet, and its long, tapered tail swung behind its humungous body. This was an Aptonoth, a creature that resembled something from another era. Its long, bony horn stuck out from the back of its head, and its highly flexible lips resembled that of a rhinoceros’s.

The Aptonoth honked, and the rest of its herd honked back in a weird sort of communication. It was calm, as always, but always vigilant. These docile creatures were always on the bottom of the food chain, so it was important to keep a lookout.
    Then without warning, the alpha male of the herd honked a different, almost melodious signal, and instead of responding, the rest of the herd turned and started off in disoriented growling. These creatures were slow, and they couldn’t go fast enough for the life of them. The alpha male turned as well, attempting to run away from a threat lurking behind the bushes.

But all was too late as a giant shriek signaled the appearance of a terrifying wyvern. Its wings were spread out on both sides of its body, and its large, purple body was charging forcefully forward. Thrusting itself upward with its wings, the wyvern jumped, and landed its huge, muscular hind legs on the side of the Aptonoth. This not only scarred it badly, but forced it onto the ground. The wyvern’s weight was too much for the herbivore to handle.

Shrieking, the wyvern’s hammer-like beak thrashed open, and it stabbed its prey numerous times in the side. Finally, went for the final kill. It rose its giant, heavy foot, hung it over the Aptonoth’s face, and then the wyvern slammed it down mercilessly.

11. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

Death of a Legend Part 3

The team of three walked across the forest, their padded shoes rustling against the dry leaves. They each wore fitting costumes made out of leather or wyvern skin. They were hunters. Professional hunters that hunted dangerous beasts for their job. Fiona Carron, the leader of the team, was the only woman. She was surprisingly young for a leader, around the ages of seventeen to twenty, and sported a full black leather suit that looked very modern and suitable for flexibility. Other than that, she also sported a pair of fully black sunglasses that looked quite inappropriate in the jungle. “You guys smell that?” Fiona wrinkled her nose. “Smells like something died recently.”

“Yeah, definitely smell it,” said another hunter. This was Garret, a top hunter. He bore huge chunks of black and silver armor made out of both bones and rock-hard metal. His entire armor set made him look buff and huge, which was appropriately fitting considered he bore the biggest piece of weaponry in the trio, an immense, oversized black hammer made out of solid metal with spikes decorating its sides.

“The hell is that thing?” said the last of the trio, Grove. His armor was extraordinarily different from Garret. Instead of having huge, heavy armor, his was lightweight, mostly made out of skin and scales, which led to a faster speed in attacks. He sported a large crossbow that stashed on his back together with spears as ammunition.

“Dunno,” Fiona said. “But definitely smells like a fresh kill to me.” They walked on as the smell became intensely bad. Then they came to a clearing, where they found the large body of a dead Aptonoth with flies circling on top of it, buzzing happily. Fiona examined it closely. “Definitely seems like a fresh kill.”

“What the hell could do something like that?” Grove pointed at the crushed, disemboweled skull of the creature. Taking a glance at it, Garret took a whiff. “Eugh, you can see its brains in there!” he exclaimed.

It didn’t take much for Fiona to figure out the creature responsible for the kill. “There’s only one wyvern that kills its prey by crushing its skull.”

“What’s that?” Garret said, turning his attention to his team leader.

“The Yian Garuga,” Fiona replied uncomfortably.

“Pff,” Grove looked away, “it’s not like we’ve never taken down those before. One of the weaker wyverns, I must say.”

“Weaker wyverns?” Garret turned back to his buddy. “You lost your mind or something? The last time we needed to slay one of these was a bad experience! I almost got killed! You just say its easy cuz you don’t get hit while standing on a ledge and firing away!”
    “Whatever,” Grove rolled his eyes, “This carcass is barely eaten. If I remember correctly, the Yian Garuga finishes its meal until nothing is left. Bones and all.”

“In that case that means it’s coming back,” Garret said. Then they heard the flapping of wings, and a light breeze came upon them. Fiona looked up and tilted her glasses. The purple and black body was definitely visible. Its spiked neck and tail were loaded with poison, she knew. One swipe from that tail and she would be swelling up fast. “There it is,” she whispered. “Quick, hide!”

With their leader’s command, the two men ran off and ducked into the bushes, while Fiona remained. She removed something from her pouch. Something that was ticking. Something that could blow up in any second.

It was a bomb.

She timed it, and flung it into the ribcage of the fallen Aptonoth. Through experience, she knew that Yian Garugas loved eating the guts first, and obviously, the guts weren’t eaten yet. She glanced for a last glimpse of the ticking time bomb and slowly crept away, keeping her profile as low as possible. As she dove into the bushes just in time, the wyvern ascended, slowly, towards its unfinished meal.

The purple wyvern dropped onto the ground, its muscular legs acting as springs as they supported the weight of the creature. Its head lowered on its long neck, and its beak slowly opened up. From inside the dense bushes, Fiona could see its majestic crest on top of its head that was only present on male Garugas. “It’s a male,” she muttered to himself. Just to make sure, she took a glance at the white, beautiful mane that grew out behind its face. Its mane was long. Very long. That just verified Fiona’s statement. She took in a deep breath. The bomb would go off any second now.

The Garuga stashed its beak into the belly of the creature, and what it pulled out was a long, disgusting strand of the Aptonoth’s intestines. Its beak was all bloodied, and it slowly swallowed the intestine, snapping it in half with his clawed feet as it ate. Then it went in for the second bite.

Three.

The Garuga ate quietly, forcing its beak even deeper into the stomach area.

Two.

It felt nervous for a sudden second, stopping in its tracks. Its eyeballs moved warily, watching its surroundings for a split second before resuming its feeding.

One.

The bomb detonated, and bloodied flesh splattered across the area. Slabs of meat struck the Garuga, who was already injured from the explosive. It shrieked in pain, giving out a loud, surprised shrill as it tossed around frantically. Half of the wyvern’s face was burnt off, including its eye, and the Garuga couldn’t see for the life of it. The other eye was working, however the images projected off it was blurry. The wyvern howled and wailed, thrashing its wings about in rage. Red hot flames frothed from inside its beak as it growled. Its tail swayed around, flailing and destroying whatever vegetation was in its path.

12. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter one

Death of a Legend part 4

Inside the bushes, Garret nudged Grove, “Do it.”

Nodding, Grove pulled out his bow and arrow, aimed, and fired, one after another. Six poison tipped arrows zoomed through the sky in a flash of blur, striking in amazing aim into the wyvern’s other functional eye, relieving it of its visibility.

“Now!” Fiona said as she struck her twin daggers into a tree trunk, ready to climb upward. Garret nodded and charged out of the bushes, heading straight towards the Garuga. In the last minute, he flung out his hammer, smashing it into the side of the blind wyvern’s face. Warm blood shot out from the wyvern’s beak as blow after blow from the massive, destructive hammer cracked the shell of the beak quickly. Suddenly, the wyvern let out a high pitched shriek, and Garret was struck in surprise. His hammer dropped onto the ground with a clash like the heavy piece of machinery it was, and the wyvern set the hunter ablaze. Garret went flying through the air in a fireball, screaming.

The flames that surrounded his body was hot, and as soon as he landed onto the leaf-litter, he began rolling in the grass, trying to extinguish the flames while screaming at the top of his lungs.

Grove fired more shots aimed at the creature’s left wing, smashing through the soft membrane, causing the wyvern to wail in pain once more.

Up in the tree, Fiona poised herself and leaped into the air in a show of amazing acrobatics. She lunged across the sky, her twin daggers spinning in circles in her fingers as she got ready for the kill. Dropping down, she stabbed the daggers into the hard armor plating of the wyvern’s back, holding on tight to make sure she didn’t fall. The Garuga tried to flailed madly about, both because it was injured by the stabs and also because it wanted to shake the hunter off its back.

But the wyvern’s efforts were to no avail as Fiona held on. She tried to find her balance as she helped herself onto the spine, and then with one dagger stabbed into the back for safety, she sliced across the thin membrane of the Garuga’s left wing with another. The glistening blade went right through, and the Garuga shrieked even more. It tossed around, smashing itself into trees and foliage. But the nuisance was still clinging on.
    Fiona proceeded to do the same with the other wing, and sure enough she sliced the membrane of the wings clean. Then, she jumped off, tossing across the air and landing onto her feet to watch the wyvern slowly die. To live, a living creature has to have blood flow across every part of its body, so by cutting off the veins on the membranes, it would paralyze the creature’s limbs, since the veins on the membranes were not just connected to the Garuga’s wings, but also its legs.

She retracted her daggers into her back and gave out a long sigh. Her body was covered with the blood of the wyvern, but she didn’t quite mind. The blood red kinda’ matched her black leather shirt. And surprisingly, after all the action, her glasses were still on her face.
    Garret had finally relieved himself of the flames, and walked over, his armor scorched into black and still clinking. He picked up his hammer and put it right back into the holster on his back. “It’s dead?” he asked. Clearly the wyvern was still thrashing about, just that it had already fallen on the ground.

“No,” Fiona answered. “It’s about to. You know what? This is taking too damn long.” She turned around, “Hey Grove! Lay the final move!”

Grove appeared from the underbrush, totally unscathed, as always. He took out an arrow from the holster and aimed at the throat of the Garuga. “Fire in the hole,” he muttered unenthusiastically, and fired. The arrow pierced the creature’s windpipe in one extremely amazing aim, and the creature was silenced once and for all. “Told you that was easy,” Grove said, and then he turned to Garret. Looking at the condition of his armor, he bit his lip and said sarcastically, “Ooooh, what happened to you?” followed by laughter.

Garret only shook his head and rolled his eyes in ignorance. Fiona removed her helmet, revealing the long, dark brown hair underneath. It rolled down all the way to her shoulders, and she sat down on a large, flat rock. She watched as Garret and Grove got into another argument, while placing her helmet beside her and tying her hair. The two men would do this all the time. Sure, they’d call themselves buddies, but they never ran out of topics to argue about. This time it seemed like it was about the simplicity of a hunt.

“Here we go again,” Fiona sighed, continuing to tie her hair as she watched unenthusiastically at the two arguing grown up men.

“I don’t care about talking you into this again and again and again!” Garret shouted. “You know how I hate explaining the dangers of melee hunting to someone who attacks with range!”

“Yeah! You don’t ever admit that bows are much more versatile. I mean, look at you! You’re equipped with heavy armor that just slows you down as much as that giant heavy hunk of rock that you call a hammer!”

“You shut the-!” Garret’s line was cut short as Fiona shouted impatiently. “SHUT UP! Cut it out, you two!” Fiona had a good reason for breaking up their fight. She already pulled out her radio and called for pick up, and now she could smell the stink of fuel in the air.

The fronds and leaves of the trees surrounding them broke back as the blue and white helicopter zoomed into view. Its blades thumped in a loud, synched rhythm as it closed in towards them. A ladder stretched out from the open entrance, where two uniformed men sat, and it rolled downward, almost a few feet from the ground. “Let’s get outta’ here!” Fiona shouted loudly, her call blending in with the thumping of the blades.

Nodding, Garret pushed Grove aside and jumped on the ladder first, clambering as he climbed upward. Then Grover hopped on, and when Fiona made sure that the two of them were up in the helicopter safely, she thrusted herself upward, grabbing hold of the rope made ladder. The helicopter spun around, and gained speed as it headed off, with Fiona clinging on the ladder.

13. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is awesome!!!!!!!

14. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks!

Chapter Two

Monster Hunters Part 1

Fiona sat on the top of a desk, leaning over with one arm supporting her weight, and another twirling one of her metal and bone made daggers. She looked around dully, being the only one in the spacious room filled with rows of desks and chairs. The only light source was that given by the table lamp beside her, and it seemed enough to show every detail of the room.

Ever since the helicopter brought her to her headquarters, she was sitting there in boredom doing nothing. Garret and Grove had left to clean themselves, and she was still… there. Fiona was introduced to the idea of hunting for a long time, and her grandfather was the founder of the society for hunters known as ‘Monster Hunters’ a long, long time ago. Now she, still quite at a young age, was leading a team of three under the management of her boss known as Robert Blanca, and the society received bounties from villagers that find wyverns just too close to their villages. Although, some villages had hunters of their own that had not ever heard of their society, and the team sometimes met a few of these ‘lone hunters’ out in the field.

The ceiling lights suddenly flickered on, and Fiona turned around to where the switches for the lights were placed. Standing there, a bulky man in a tight beige suit, with white facial hair was seen. “Oh, Robert,” Fiona gave out a loud sigh, and turned back.

Robert Blanca’s shoes could be heard a mile away as they clapped along the tiles. The old man, around the age of fifty five, walked slowly towards the success that was Fiona.
    “Now, I have to let you know. I have been your manager for twenty years,” Robert said, “and I was very, very close to your father. This year, you came in, and you certainly raised your ranks among the others. I am very proud of you.”

Fiona took in a deep breath, “What’s your point? Got somethin’ to say? Just say it.”
    Robert shrugged his shoulders, “We have recently spotted the Rathalos.”

Fiona’s eyes widened, and she sat up almost immediately. “Rathalos? You mean the one that we have been trying to kill for years?”

“Yeah,” Robert looked away. He remembered how Fiona’s father and grandfather tried slaying the beast, to no avail. It was the last of its kind, and was very hard to defeat. “And we have requests from the sector fourteen watchtower to slay this creature, once and for all.”

“We can’t do it,” Fiona said, “you know we can’t. We’ve tried over and over again.”

“Yes,” the old man turned around to retrace his steps. “Instead, we need someone who can defeat it.”

“If there is someone who can defeat it,” Fiona jumped off of the table, “why hasn’t he or she done it yet?”

“I don’t know,” Robert said, “maybe he or she doesn’t know his or her full potential.”

“That’s insane,” Fiona rolled her eyes.

“No,” Robert turned around again. “It’s not.”

“What’s your point?”

“There is someone.”

“Who?”

“He was your father’s friend, a true warrior. He was one of those hunters only legend had told of, but he died under the jaws of the Rathalos himself.”

“So he’s dead,” Fiona said, disappointed.

“But, there might be someone who is capable of his skills.”

“Who?”

“His son, my dear. His son.”

15. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter Two

Monster Hunters part 2

The walls were strung with oil-lit lamps, giving the room a sense of dimness. The window brought in sunlight, but only to a little corner of the room that had a bookshelf situated.

Jake sat on the cushioned, soft bed, staring at the wall as the constant rhythm of the clock going tick, tock, tick, tock, plagued his ears. He still couldn’t believe the true fact that his closest relative had passed away right in front of his eyes. In his hand, he held on to the handle of his father’s blade, unmoving. He was all alone at home, with no one else to keep him company. His uncle had gone back to his own house a few doors away, and George had moved out, away from the village and back to his home in the wilderness.

Then the lowly sound of a musical tune came to him in a soft tone, gradually getting louder and louder. It was a dreamy tune, sounding like it came from a flute. Jake eyed his radio, but it wasn’t turn on, and nobody turned it on. The song continued, humming in his head. He began to become sleepy, and then it struck him.

It was his mother’s favorite tune. Ever since she left his father for another man, he felt a type of loneliness in his heart. He remembered his mother’s tune day after day, the memory gradually getting lesser and lesser, until finally, Jake didn’t even thought of her.
    But now, closing his eyes, he imagined his mother sitting on a large rock, the wind blowing across the field, with a flute in her hands. She blew into it, humming the melodious tune continuously. Jake felt peace and quiet as he saw his mother’s face, loving as always, smiling at him from behind the flute. He was a little boy, around the ages of eight, playing with butterflies in the field.

Then everything vanished. Everything that seemed so true just disappeared. His mother’s face was gone. The tune was gone, and he found himself back inside the room, sitting on the couch with no butterflies on his hands. Jake sighed, holding in a tear or two. He could never let himself forget the times when his mother was with him. He was back inside the wooden house, with pictures of his father in all kinds of armor suits strung alongside the lamps on the walls.

16. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Chapter Two

Monster Hunters part 3

There came a knock on a door. Faint, but it was certainly there. Then came another, and another. Jake got up from his bed, walking over to the door with a dull expression on his face. He was surprised to open the door and see a young brunette standing there, around his age, wearing a black leather suit and black tinted sunglasses. “Fiona,” she lifted her hand, but Jake didn’t bother to shake hands.

“What do you want?” Jake said, impatient.

“You’re Jake Connor, son of the legendary hunter Ronald Conner, isn’t that right?”

“You haven’t answered my question. What makes you think I’ll answer yours?”

Fiona just smiled. “So, Mr. Connor. Can I come in?”

“What do you want?”

“Let me in and I’ll let you know.”

Jake rolled his eyes. He was in no mood to argue. His father just died a few days ago, and he just only remembered about his mother whom he never thought of for the past ten years. “Come on in.” He stepped aside, and the brunette walked into his house. It was a comfortable home, and the first things she noticed were the pictures of Jake’s father along the wall. “You miss your daddy?”

What do you want?”

“Okay,” Fiona took in a deep breath and spun around to look at her subject. “I represent a society of highly trained hunters known as the Monster Hunters. My father and yours, they were close friends. Now I know about the Rathalos killing your father and all that, but recent demands for the Rathalos’s head has shot up increasingly, and we can’t defeat it ourselves. We need someone special to be part of our team. Someone capable of taking down the Rathalos. Someone who has a bloodline with defeating these creatures.”

Jake looked into her gaze dully. “So why did you come here?”

“Cuz you,” Fiona said, “are our only hope.”

Jake’s expression instantly changed. His eyes were wide open as he processed the thought in his mind. “Me? You think I can take down the Rathalos?”

For a minute, they looked at each other blandly. Then Fiona spoke up. “Sure. Why not?”

“How can you guarantee that my life isn’t at stake, and that I have the skills to do so?”

“Because your father was the best hunter that ever walked the earth, and you are his son.”

“Uh… good point.”

“So, are you in?” Fiona’s gaze pierced his eyes. “The society will fund you a lot of money.”

“What do you think I’ll take the cash?”

“Cuz when this society gives out a fund to a special someone, that ‘someone’ doesn’t need to draw out a single cent for the rest of his miserable life.”

Jake soaked in all those words. The dough sounded tempting, and he turned to look at his father’s sword that was resting on his bed. The shine of the blade and final revenge against the Rathalos was even more tempting. He grew a wide smile.