Monster Hunter 3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Prowl, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone interested in this game can run by your Gamestop and pick up a no-commitment demo for the Wii. You shouldn't have to preorder (there's a display box on the counter where you can just pick them up.

Gonna try it tonight. Should be interesting.

2. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    I don't have a Wii anymore, but my roommate does so I'll be grabbing the sweet bundle with the new classic controller.

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bummer, the only reason I won't buy this is because there aren't enough people to play with. There's always people online with the PSP version, but I like the underwater element in this one.

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Color me interested, but I still haven't finished Dragon Age or ODST, nor played Borderlands, Bayonetta, Dantes Inferno or Darksiders.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Finished Mass Effect.................oh and Heavy Rain

Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Ratchet and Clank, Star Ocean, and Now Final Fantasy remain unfinished....

And people still bitch about SHORT games.

6. skywarp

skywarp The extra Autobot

I just got my copy of the demo and all I can say is awesome. It is the best lookiing version of monster I have seen.

Beyond that the AI is incredable. With the monsters using mush better at pack hunting.

Although the controls will take you some time to master. I did like it with the classic controler. The wii mote and numchuk was hard but still lots of fun. If it only used the 1 to 1 motion control.

Oh well worth trying and losing lots of hours on.

7. skywarp

Any one picking this up on tuesday? I know I will be using a great sword and ready to hunt some prey that night.

Do we need to give our wii codes to join groups or will it be like the old monster hunter on the PS 2 style of rooms and colors?

8. NSJ23

NSJ23 Binalternator Lover

I'm waiting for player reviews to come in if it's great like i hope I'll buy a Wii again.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish I could, but I'm on a tight budget and my trio of Red Dead, Transformers, and 3D Dot take priority.

The game doesn't come with the Wii Chat device, right?

10. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

nope, well it technically doesn't, i believe there are 3 versions, Game on its own, game with black classic controller and a limited edition collector edition with wii speak classic controller game and a monster trophy head all in a treasure chest box. Well these defiantely exist in the uk so i figure they will elsewhere too :) 

Im also pretty sure friend codes aren't needed, you pretty much just form a group get a target and go, if i read ONM's review correct anyway :p 

personally i can't wait till friday, all the armors and weapons look crazy ass cool :) 

11. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Man, I want this game! Time to start saving (a novel concept to be sure :lol )

12. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

How do you know this?

13. Butuman

Butuman Well-Known Member

Im going to be playing this game as well.

14. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I wanna get into this one like the way I ripped Freedom Unite a new one, it's massively addicting and the game hands you your ass, but really? On the Wii? Not sure how that'll work out. Here's hoping it's speedy and lag doesn't kill us.

15. skywarp

The online seems quite full for me. The game is quite good so far. I just have to learn the controls a little bit better. The great swords pull out seems to charge to easily. Not sure how to turn that off yet.

16. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Does anyone here play regular like?

Spoilers maybe...

I've just been doing offline, so far gotten past the Lagiacrus 4* urgent. Farming more stuff until I feel comfortable taking on the Rathalos. I just wanna show off diablos armor at HR 3 :D 

When I get online I'll post where I'll be :) 

17. skywarp

I just unlocked the 4 star urgent lagiacrus. I have not had the time to fight him yet. Although for me I am ready to fight rathalos anytime.

I have been doing some online play, I just need to find a group that is good enough to fight with.

18. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just finished the offline Diablos and Rathalos... next stop Barioth.

skywarp, I wouldnt mind adding you to my friends list. My skill level is at the least reliable :)  You main a particular weapon class? I'm looking at lances and hammers.

Also, before you try out Rathalos, I do recommend farming some fire resistant armor like queropeco. But thats neither here nor there if you can dodge better than me :D 

19. skywarp

I am currently wearing queropeco armor actually. My weapon of choice is the great sword or if I have to the sword and shield. I prefer the ability to block, and dodge.

I would rank my skill above average. I have been playing since the original on the PS2 always with the great sword. Offline I am in the 4 stars with still needing to fight the great jaggi and barioth. The my urgent of the large sea monster.

20. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice! I've been plaing since PS2 as well! I logged around 500 hours on that between two characters.

For MHF-MHFU I logged around 1000. Not to shabby. My last MHFU character was a lancer that I soloed through to HR 7, farming purple hermitaur last I checked :)