Mold variation we all missed years ago?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Moroni Prime, May 12, 2008.

1. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I was just screwing around with my G1 Devastator and noticed something about the drillbits. The drillbit for Scavenger is molded in purple plastic and has a small round hole on the underside. The drillbit for Bonecrusher is molded in green plastic, and does not have this hole. Of note is that the hole on scavengers drillbit is a perfect fit for the tiny thin peg on his back, just to the right of the head. Perhaps this is something we all missed, and has been there for years? I have tried searching online on all kinds of sites like tfu.info and more. Not even TFW2005's gallery or resources give me any results. Could this be a new find, and 5 brownie points for me? *crosses fingers, toes and eyes*

Here are the images:
    Scavenger 1
    [​IMG]
    Scavenger 2
    [​IMG]

Bonecrusher 1
    [​IMG]
    Bonecrusher 2
    [​IMG]

Both Drillbits comparison
    [​IMG]

2. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

No, "we all" did not miss that. I've never seen anyone refer to the drills as being identical, if that's the part you mean. Don't know about the peg for Scavenger, and it's not in the instructions, but I imagine in the 20+ years that the Devastator mold has existed, somebody's noticed.

3. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I never noticed that myself!, i'll have to check that out after work.

4. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

I"ve always stored my devi launchers with the drill on the figures. i put bonecrushers on his arm as an under arm weapon, and scavenger's fits' on his back. i never bothered to try and store JUST The drillbit before though, as the whole launcher fits too.