Customs: Mods to Make ROTF Onslaught

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by SwitchPrime, Jan 4, 2011.

1. SwitchPrime

SwitchPrime Wrecker

Ebay:
    Hey everyone, Im repainting a ROTF Prime into an onslaught and im trying to think of some mods to do besides adding guns. I already added a small trailer from TFTM Prime. So does anyone have any ideas?
    (Also) do flames match Onslaught's character or past molds?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Flames are mainly used stereotypically to represent Destruction, Anger/Rage/Vengeance, Uncontrollability/Prone to lashing out, and Hell/Demons/etc. on the bad side. On the good side, flames symbolise Hope and Power.

For a Decepticon like Onslaught, you'd pretty much look at the bad side. Onslaught is more of a planner than a fighter, he's more at home planning out a beautifully intricate scheme and seeing it through to its completion, rather than being involved with in-your-face close combat. From that, none of the bad things really fit him. He doesn't lash out, preferring to stick to the shadows, he isn't angry (more cool calm and collected), he's definitely in control and he's far from demonic. For those reasons, i say no flames. But it's your choice, it's your Onslaught.

I'm also going to state the obvious mod: New head. You've probably already thought of that, but just incase.

I'm thinking if you can make a computer terminal on his arm (so the monitor flips up, and reveals a keyboard underneath), that could fit him, as he likes to be planning stuff.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

For one thing, I can definitely say that no, flames don't really gel with Onslaught at all, either in character or in regard to previous incarnations.
    His G1 and G2 incarnations both had camouflage patterning of some kind (naturally in G2's case, only useful for hiding in the ruins of a paint factory), Universe/Movie Onslaught went with more of a straight military drab of muted greys and greens, while the Ultra Universe Onslaught and his Legends counterpart are both decoed as SWAT APCs. He may have a fierce temper (when his subordinates don't follow his plans to the letter), but he's way too strait-laced to ever go for a flame deco.

As for mods, I don't know that you'd need to make that many. Obviously I think you should alter the head to resemble him better (removing his antennae would be a good start, as well as adding a visor and a face plate if you're using one of the Primes that has a mouth). The main thing would be to give him that military look. A good, dark camo paintjob should go a long way, and if you wanted to go as far as adding camo netting and other gubbins to the trailer, then that could be cool, too. What sort of trailer have you given him?

4. SwitchPrime

SwitchPrime Wrecker

Ebay:
    I really like the arm computer idea. Ill try to use it. :wink: 
    The trailer is pretty much the back end of TFTM Prime (the back 2 wheels)