Minor/Repaint: Mods to FOC figures -and a finally finished Gen. Blurr

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by wheeljack2010, Aug 28, 2012.

1. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Just a few quick fixes for a improved look to these figures. Jazz was made from cutting the lower legs off of a WFC Cliff at the knee joint and used fast set epoxy to hold them to the existing knee joint. FOC Jazzes feet were then put into the existing modded Cliff legs by drilling out the hole on his feet a little more to match the peg of Cliff. You get a pretty good range of motion on the feet as well. This mod will add about a 1/4" to the figures height bringing him to about the size of the previously released WFC figures. He looks like he's trying out for the movie Flashdance right now(anyone else remember that movie? Don't be embarassed- I had girlfriends back then too, total chick flick) but once I paint him up it'll blend in alot better and give him that fuller looking lower leg like in the game. Used a ROTF Ransack waist joint for ol' Shocky here. Just basically cut the figure in half with a jewelers saw and epoxied in the waist joint of Ransack (after alot of cutting/filing to the waist joint piece of ransack to make it fit in the hollow parts of SW's body. I like the look of him alot more now, and I'm a poseability junky, so gotta have the waist joint. This is also something that won't affect transformation at all. I haven't tested Jazz yet, so I'm not sure at the moment of clearance issues. Blurr has been given the waist articulation treatment with a balljoint, has had his legs heavily modded so that they're flipped from the regular mold with and increased range of movement added at the knee for dynamic running poses like what's shown. Funny story about this guy- I had actually done the waist mod about a year ago, then used his chestpiece for a custom, and there this guy sat in limbo on my desk forever, eventually to be put up for sale, had no takers, so I said what the hell I'll just finish him. I needed a Blurr anyway. Used a junker Drift chestpiece and just spray painted it baby blue (matched nicely I think) gave it a waterslide decal autobot symbol and layed a Reprolabels white outline label over top of that for a pretty cool effect on the symbol. Topped him off with a Reprolabels set and painted the inside of his chest with a blue glowing effect. He's still transformable if you swap the legs and doors around as seen on DominoMists Turbomaster Boss custom from awhile ago. Let me know what you guys think of these mods and Blurr here. Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. mirageandjazz11

mirageandjazz11 Banned

Nice job they look great

3. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    The leg swap does wonders or Jazz.

4. Cortexitron

Cortexitron Alternate Reality Patrol

I have to say, I really like the Blurr leg mod. Im going to have to try that on one of mine. It really makes him stand apart from Drift having the back end of a car for legs... Nice job on the others as wel!!

5. kiienkYan

kiienkYan Well-Known Member

ehh.. Blurr's legs..:redface2: 

6. warewullf

warewullf Well-Known Member

I really like that Shockwave mod. He's much more dynamic now.

7. wheeljack2010

wheeljack2010 Constructicon

Thanks guys! yeah, I like this alot better for him. Although I think they're gonna be a bit too big to tuck into his car shell now. I'll just repaint this guy for a display piece.
    Thanks man! Yeah, that was my goal, as I really hate to have 2 of the same mold, just repainted with a new head. Even my classics collection has managed to be all different molds for the characters I got (with the exception of the lambo twins-but that's a given!).
    I know it's not everyone's preferred choice, but I really dig it. Some versions of this mod go a step further and remove the original "Feet", but I like the look of them (somehow makes the legs a little more aerodynamic-fits Blurr) plus they add heel support for posing. Once I started shaving the knee down, I was really surprised at the amount of poseability that you can get from this mod. This really makes him his own character to me.
    Yeah, I just had to after seeing the reviews on him. I'm a poseability junky and as much as I was liking this mold-it had to be done. I'm going to be doing the leg mod with the added panels for the inside of the legs, just to thicken them up and hide the hollow caverns there. The mod is fairly easy as well. You just have to have a extra Shcky that you don't mind trashing, remove the pin that holds the knee joint together, take that outer panel and add a tiny neo magnet to the inside of the hole created from removal (may have to widen the hole a bit for the magnet to fit snugly and flush). Then it'll just attach magnetically to the inside of the knee joint on your good Shocky!