Customs: Mods for Deluxe classics megatron

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by vm-01, Oct 6, 2011.

1. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this will be my "learn how to paint" figure. I'll probably give him G1 colors. But I'm curious to know what minor mods I can add to him. All I see on the radicons gallery are repaints. Have any of you used it for anything other than a straight repaint?

2. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some people have given him new arms but beyond that I struggle to think of other mods done to this guy.

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

IIRC, a lot of people replaced the arms with the Prime's arms from the same two pack (to be fair, no one likes that Prime anyways ;)  ).

Oh, and i've seen some people add drills to him to make Nosecone, but i don't think you'd want to do that.

4. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Oh no. I'm still a level 1 novice in customizing.

I think I'll focus on painting with this guy.

5. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Well, you did ask for minor mods... ;) 

I suppose the one thing that would be easiest for you to do is go out and find a tank model kit, any kit you happen to like, and just glue bits from the model kit onto Megs. You don't need to attempt a reshell, not even close to that, but just add some parts to make it slightly different to Megatron. And cutting through a model kit can be done with any basic set of hobby cutter/flush cutters/whatever they're called.

Also, if you can, track down Tamiya's Weathering kits (they're listed A,B,C,D & E). They're great for making tanks look like...well, real tanks, and will come in useful later on for other battle damaged customs as well.